politics

Emmanuel Macron wins french presidency

August Blue

Featured Posts

JanPianoMusic

Politico wrote that many French leftist voters would not vote if the second round was between Macron and Le Pen. I want to urge French Gagadaily users to vote if they are eligible to do so! 

Yes, Trump's election was primarily the fault of the people who voted in favour of him, but his election was enabled by leftist voters in the swing states who did not want to vote in favour of Clinton. 

Le Pen is a very real threat to the European Union and it appears that she will make it to the second round. Obviously nothing has been decided yet, but it's a possibility. 

This is your opportunity to exercise your democratic right as a French citizen.

Please listen to this irrelevant northern neighbour and go vote in the second round even if your preferred candidate does not make it. 

You will never please everyone.
  • Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
August Blue
1 minute ago, JanPianoMusic said:

Politico wrote that many French leftist voters would not vote if the second round was between Macron and Le Pen. I want to urge French Gagadaily users to vote if they are eligible to do so! 

Yes, Trump's election was primarily the fault of the people who voted in favour of him, but his election was enabled by leftist voters in the swing states who did not want to vote in favour of Clinton. 

Le Pen is a very real threat to the European Union and it appears that she will make it to the second round. Obviously nothing has been decided yet, but it's a possibility. 

Please listen to this irrelevant northern neighbour and go vote in the second round even if your preferred candidate does not make it. 

Preach! :worship2:

Eighteen
2 hours ago, bumblebee said:

The odds are extremely low, even if she enters the second round and faces Fillon or Macron she is projected to fail. 

However, if she and Mélenchon enter the second round, it will be like Russian roulette with one missing bullet in the revolver 

we thought the same thing in the US with trump. tbh i wouldn't be surprised if she won. 

Eighteen
9 minutes ago, JanPianoMusic said:

Yes, Trump's election was primarily the fault of the people who voted in favour of him,

it was equally the fault of anyone who didn't vote against him. when WWIII happens, it's on their hands. 

The Child
23 minutes ago, OliverViennese said:

Was it really her or her scary father who used to commit war crimes, torturing algerian people? This family is such a mess. If France really elects this breed, they're cancelled big time.

It was her father. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :neyde:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
The Child
16 minutes ago, JanPianoMusic said:

I'll vote for anyone that is against Le Pen on the second round.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Aleksey Yurievich

Things look extremely good for Le Pen so far. There is huge turnout in Cantal (catholic stronghold) and Gers (it's benefiting Melenchon who will take Macron's votes).  In Val-d'Oise and other areas near Paris turnout is low, so that will take some votes from Macron. Hope he won't make it to the second round.    

August Blue
2 minutes ago, Aleksey Yurievich said:

Things look extremely good for Le Pen so far. There is huge turnout in Cantal (catholic stronghold) and Gers (it's benefiting Melenchon who will take Macron's votes).  In Val-d'Oise and other areas near Paris turnout is low, so that will take some votes from Macron. Hope he won't make it to the second round.    

What is it that you like about Le Pen's program? If I may ask.. :oprah: 

4 minutes ago, 18 said:

it was equally the fault of anyone who didn't vote against him. when WWIII happens, it's on their hands. 

Yup. Saw opinion polls of the US today and seeing that 70-80% of non-voters and third-party voters lean left really saddened me. The US is known as a far-right country that loves war, income inequality, free market capitalism and the like but that's mostly because the left (young people, minorities, people living in 'red' states like Texas) don't vote.

To all French people: utilisez vos votes utiles!

6 minutes ago, Aleksey Yurievich said:

You want a lower turn-out aka people being resembled to a lesser extent in the vote aka a president with less legitimacy and popular support? Sounds undemocratic to me :huh:

JanPianoMusic
15 minutes ago, 18 said:

I agree that people who didn't vote against him are to blame as well for his election, but I compare it to someone stealing something out of your home when you've left the door unlocked: it's first the fault of the person who stole it, second the fault of the person who didn't lock the door.

You will never please everyone.
Morphine Prince
9 minutes ago, Luc said:

(young people, minorities, people living in 'red' states like Texas) don't vote.

I'm young, Latino, and living in Texas :air: 

But I vote so :classy:

The Child

I've voted 30mns ago and I convinced my whole family to go vote too because they didn't want to vote at first. :diane:

August Blue
6 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I've voted 30mns ago and I convinced my whole family to go vote too because they didn't want to vote at first. 

Take note everyone :diane: 

TheCure
30 minutes ago, August Blue said:

What is it that you like about Le Pen's program? If I may ask.. :oprah: 

Less dead bodies on the streets of Paris maybe...

Archived