💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lil Yachty "Cures" Homophobia In Hip Hop!

xcx

Featured Posts

The Child

Love this cover :giveup:

Gaga should have done something similar for BTW :diane:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnWayne23

Wow, I give him a lot of props.

Especially to do something bold like that as a new guy in the rap industry

Harry
26 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

What point are you proving by showing those twitter post???? There will always be someone against homosexuality,  orientation is like  religion or politics!!! Everyone has an opinion...  who are those people anyway???? Just regular everyday people, they're not in the  Industry! So who gives a **** what they think. 

jesus christ whatever lol you're completely just choosing to miss my point, nevermind

Boyboi12
4 hours ago, Harry said:

jesus christ whatever lol you're completely just choosing to miss my point, nevermind

I'm not missing your point! I'm asking you to be realistic... there are people in the world who don't even consider hip hop to be real-music let alone an art form. So the factor that some people have a problem with homosexuality being exploited in hip hop, are the same people who have a problem with homosexuality period. Sexual orientation in hip hop is not a new trending topic, it's been around and have been discussed since the form of hip hop music in the late 70ds... just because this artist decided to make an album cover publicizing what's taking place in the media and the world isn't a bold statement at all. 

Harry
1 minute ago, Boyboi12 said:

I'm not missing your point! I'm asking you to be realistic... there are people in the world who don't even consider hip hop to be realmusic let alone an art form. So the factor that some people have a problem with homosexuality being exploited in hip hop, are the same people who have a problem with homosexuality period. Sexual orientation in hip hop is not a new trending topic, it's been around and have been discussed since the form of hip hop music in the late 70ds! 

But I'm not talking about people in hip-hop, I'm talking about the fact that a lot of people that consume hip-hop music are homophobic. I was just saying that having anyone who is looked up to by that kind of an audience giving LGBT visibility in a positive way can only be good, so I have no idea why you're trying to be a downer about it.

Boyboi12
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

But I'm not talking about people in hip-hop, I'm talking about the fact that a lot of people that consume hip-hop music are homophobic. I was just saying that having anyone who is looked up to by that kind of an audience giving LGBT visibility in a positive way can only be good, so I have no idea why you're trying to be a downer about it.

That's not true... the level of music consumption and homophobia across all music genres is about the same. I just don't like the factor that you're putting the hip hop audience in a box! 

Harry
33 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

That's not true... the level of music consumption and homophobia across all music genres is about the same. I just don't like the factor that you're putting the hip hop audience in a box! 

You're being really extra. Obviously I'm not generalising all hip-hop fans, but traditionally that is how it's been. Same goes for country because the masculinity thing is there. Homophobia is certainly not the same across genres. You think pop fans are homophobic? Even rock (apart from maybe metal) doesn't have that as much because male stars in that genre have been more flamboyant and prone to rejecting gender stereotypes for decades, i.e. Bowie, Prince... Even Kurt Cobain was outwardly pro-gay and told homophobic people to not bother coming to his shows. Meanwhile you had rappers using "*******" in their lyrics as if there was nothing bad about it.

It's just a historical thing. Like I said, it's a lot better now and there are rappers who have spoken out for gay rights, but there's still a long way to go. I'm definitely not putting anyone in a box. But it's notable for someone like Lil Yachty to do this.

Boyboi12
Just now, Harry said:

You're being really extra. Obviously I'm not generalising all hip-hop fans, but traditionally that is how it's been. Same goes for country because the masculinity thing is there. Homophobia is certainly not the same across genres. You think pop fans are homophobic? Even rock (apart from maybe metal) doesn't have that as much because male stars in that genre have been more flamboyant and prone to rejecting gender stereotypes for decades, i.e. Bowie, Prince... Even Kurt Cobain was outwardly pro-gay and told homophobic people to not bother coming to his shows. Meanwhile you had rappers using "*******" in their lyrics as if there was nothing bad about it.

It's just a historical thing. Like I said, it's a lot better now and there are rappers who have spoken out for gay rights, but there's still a long way to go. I'm definitely not putting anyone in a box. But it's notable for someone like Lil Yachty to do this.

:huh: Obviously I'm not generalising all hip-hop fans, but traditionally that is how it's been. Come on now 

Boyboi12
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

There is homophobia in pop music btw! 

Harry

There is homophobia in pop music btw! 

Are you going to ignore everything I say and just give me that? If we pulled up a list of homophobic lyrics in pop music VS homophobic lyrics in rap music, you know which one would be longer. Even artists that are widely respected like A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Biggie, Lil Wayne, Nas, Eminem etc have had blatantly homophobic-leaning lines in the past. That has not been the case with the biggest pop stars.

Boyboi12
8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Are you going to ignore everything I say and just give me that? If we pulled up a list of homophobic lyrics in pop music VS homophobic lyrics in rap music, you know which one would be longer. Even artists that are widely respected like A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Biggie, Lil Wayne, Nas, Eminem etc have had blatantly homophobic-leaning lines in the past. That has not been the case with the biggest pop stars.

I'm not ignoring what you're saying! I just think you should get your head out of your ass because we were talking about the listener not the artist or talent themselves. I know people who won't listen to lady gaga because they think she makes  gay music! That's what we were talking about. How the listener of the hip hop music genre are supposedly  the most homophobic music group :nails: and it's just not true homophobia is across all music genres 

Kermit

Meanwhile everyone says "who" or drags him in chart threads. Now they stan him all of a sudden when there are two individuals of the same sex being happy with one another. 

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Harry
Just now, Boyboi12 said:

I'm not ignoring what you're saying! I just think you should get your head out of your ass because we were talking about the listener not the artist or talent themselves. I know people who won't listen to lady gaga because they think she makes  gay music! That's what we were talking about. How the listener of the hip hop music genre are supposedly  the most homophobic music group :nails: 

Oh so you're going to be personal? Very mature. Consider this conversation over then. Grow up.

Boyboi12
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Oh so you're going to be personal? Very mature. Consider this conversation over then. Grow up.

I'm not going personal! I just agree to disagree with you. Homophobia is across all music genres regardless of what you may think. 

Harry

I'm not going personal! I just agree to disagree with you. Homophobia is across all music genres regardless of what you may think. 

"you should get your head out of your ass"

Please. Learn to have a grown up conversation from an opposing viewpoint without making a personal dig. Good bye.

Archived