💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"The Cure is basic trash"

Moebius

Featured Posts

DrKindnessKunt1999

I may not like "The Cure" sonically, but I do hope that it becomes her next #1 hit so that Gaga's able to slay us with more hits in the future. Also, you can't deny that her vocals SLAAAAAYYYYYYY in "The Cure". I'll just wait for the remixes. Also, I feel like comparing it to "The Chainsmokers" is a little too much. I understand Bieber, Halsey, or Selena, but the "THE CHAINSMOKERS?!" The song has too much emotion to be compared to a Chainsmoker song. 

Edit: I LOVE THIS SONG!!! I'm bopping to it. I hope that she releases a full EP following the direction of "The Cure" (only if she was planning to lol). I'm still curious to hear how it'll sound like if it was remixed to sound like a 90's R&B song (since the vocals sort of give me a mix of the 90's and 2008 R&Bga). Actually the cover gives me a little 90's/early 2000's vibe for some reason (maybe it's the silk??). 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz
9 minutes ago, jujubae said:

The Fame Monster was totally dragged at the time for being "weird" and "odd", and now it's regarded as one of the best pop masterpieces in the last 10 years.

People always want to hate a good thing, but in retrospect, they end up admitting their wrongs. It's already happening with ARTPOP.

i think it's also because a lot of THF/TFM fans dont come here anymore, its mostly post BTW fans, but yeah, that also happened with BTW everyone use to hate that album and suddenly everyone was praising it during the AP era lol, rn we have a lot of AP fans here so not surprised the good sis AP is getting praise :whitney:  underrated jem

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Smother Em Eh

Gah, it annoys me how a lot of people in this fan awe are never happy with what Gaga puts out and they constantly complain. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

juju
1 minute ago, Martin Garrix said:

i think it's also because a lot of THF/TFM fans dont come here anymore, its mostly post BTW fans, but yeah, that also happened with BTW everyone use to hate that album and suddenly everyone was praising it during the AP era lol, rn we have a lot of AP fans here so not surprised the good sis AP is getting praise :whitney:  underrated jem

as someone who's been a fan since the beginning, each era has truly had it's (un)fair share of hate :madge: the general critique is "try hard" which I find preposterous like - what's so bad about trying? :oprah:  is it better to be lazy and let a team of songwriters and producers do all the work and you just phone in vocals for lyrics that were written for you :oprah: why is putting effort behind your work seen as an insult, I don't get it :tony: 

❤ x ❤

juju
1 minute ago, JosephH said:

Gah, it annoys me how a lot of people in this fan awe are never happy with what Gaga puts out and they constantly complain. 

it's annoying af, Gaga really said it best:

90353-lady-gaga-haters-gonna-hate-gi-isd

❤ x ❤

Batwings

Literally EVERY ERA has been met with excessive complaining since BTW. These people don't even know what they want. To add to the original post:

During the BTW era, people called the album "too messy and try hard," and now the fanbase hails it as a masterpiece.

During the ARTPOP era, people called the album "too weird, too all over the place," and now the fanbase calls it vastly underrated.

At the beginning of the Joanne era, people complained about how the album was "too country, too boring," and now you have people complaining, "But what about the Joanne era? It's so personal. She believed in this album so much."

Honestly, they have no idea what they want. They just like to complain. Just give it a year or two, and the same people will be complaining about Gaga's newest release, saying, "But why can't she give us something like The Cure again? That was so great."

FrankGutz
8 minutes ago, jujubae said:

as someone who's been a fan since the beginning, each era has truly had it's (un)fair share of hate :madge: the general critique is "try hard" which I find preposterous like - what's so bad about trying? :oprah:  is it better to be lazy and let a team of songwriters and producers do all the work and you just phone in vocals for lyrics that were written for you :oprah: why is putting effort behind your work seen as an insult, I don't get it :tony: 

ugh, i hate when ppl say that tbh :madge:

3 minutes ago, Yanko said:

its a nice fresh bop

pretentious rats lost.

first time we agree on something :gum:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

juju
19 minutes ago, MannyMonroe18 said:

I may not like "The Cure" sonically, but I do hope that it becomes her next #1 hit so that Gaga's able to slay us with more hits in the future. Also, you can't deny that her vocals SLAAAAAYYYYYYY in "The Cure". I'll just wait for the remixes. Also, I feel like comparing it to "The Chainsmokers" is a little too much. I understand Bieber, Halsey, or Selena, but the "THE CHAINSMOKERS?!" The song has too much emotion to be compared to a Chainsmoker song. 

Right, the emotion behind her vocals are so pristine, it's really unlike the rest of the songs in the same category tbh - most of them aren't near as emotionally-driven, at least not vocally. She sounds amazing :giveup: 

❤ x ❤

Bette Davis
12 minutes ago, jujubae said:

Right, the emotion behind her vocals are so pristine, it's really unlike the rest of the songs in the same category tbh - most of them aren't near as emotionally-driven, at least not vocally. She sounds amazing :giveup: 

Amen! At least she's not whispering or mimicking Rihanna in a faux Caribbean accent like the rest of the girls of the moment :awkney: I love how she combines her powerful, emotion-packed vocals with airy R&B moments and her cute pop Fame/TFM-esque vocals.

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

FrankGutz
17 minutes ago, Bette Davis said:

Amen! At least she's not whispering or mimicking Rihanna in a faux Caribbean accent like the rest of the girls of the moment :awkney: I love how she combines her powerful, emotion-packed vocals with airy R&B moments and her cute pop Fame/TFM-esque vocals.

:air: bitch, :ladyhaha:

Bette Davis
2 minutes ago, Martin Garrix said:

:air: bitch, :ladyhaha:

But did I lie?

giphy.gif

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

FrankGutz
2 minutes ago, Bette Davis said:

But did I lie?

giphy.gif

hahahaha no, i actually screamed lol

Pietro
3 hours ago, Moebius said:

Of course you can have an opinion on it sis, you don't like it you don't like it. It's just I'm getting tired of the hypocrisy of this fanbase :emma: 

I get it. But I'm not a hypocrite. I like TF and TFM. I totally love BTW. I don't like ARTPOP. I like very much Joanne. I'm not a "hater" or a "hipster" who dislikes everything new. I think that "The Cure" is not a good direction for her. It's just... basic and sounds like every single song out there. 

Mister Gaga
3 hours ago, sipthistea said:

This has been the only time I've been critic towards Gaga because it's an obvious attempt to have another hit on the radio. The song is not trash, but it is definitely generic and low to what she delivered with her previous records. And after Joanne, which was a step forward for her. 

That's it. 

:applause:

Archived