news

Lady Gaga - The Cure

Hurem

Featured Posts

Juanjo
35 minutes ago, Amphetamine said:

WTWGSH I just logged on WHAT IS THIS

Is this for an EP or is it just a random song SOMEONE EXPLAIN PLEASE

She said new single when she introduced it, so it's gotta be part of something; EP, most definitely, since she hasn't even begun the Joanne World Tour, and too early to be part of ASIB. So exciting! 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

First off - new song, didn't expect that. The funniest thing was, I'd just opened up kworb uk and I always look away then scroll down to the bottom and work my way up as I don't like to see the #1 straight away, I like the top ten to be revealed gradually. But my eye did catch a short title at the top and I thought: "Harry was there yesterday and his name and title extend longer than that, so maybe a new song has just been released and its gone straight to #1? How great would it be if it were Gaga!" Then I opened up GGD and it's covered with "Breaking - Gaga releases new song, The Cure, debuts at #1 on itunes in over 50 countries!" I think I'm dreaming and immediately go back over to kworb and could have cried with delight! That was some premonition feelings I got just before!

So, anyway, the actual song...

My initial reaction was one of sheer surprise. As soon as I heard that opening riff, I was super shocked. It's like, this is tropical house/RnB vibes! And then she began singing and I was all, "I've not heard RnB vocals like this since DWUW. This song actually is RnB!" I didn't know if she was going to go into a massive chorus, but it wasn't huge. And by the end of the song, I was a bit...neutral. I was just kinda sitting there, eyes awkwardly flickering side to side the whole time because it was really un-Gaga, as far as we've known her for the last few years anyway. But I realised the potential of this being a big hit and tried to tell myself to get back into it and see if it could grow on me. And I'm pleased to say it is growing on me, it really is for her fans more than any lover. But the public can certainly take it as a song for a lover, that's all well and good. Gaga's vocals are good and I love the "and if you say you're ok, I'm gonna heal you anyway" line! Now, here's a line I can relate to! So, is it really Gaga? It does remind me of Second Time Around and some stuff from TF, so it certainly sounds like how Gaga used to sound. It's a throwback Gaga sound but modernised for 2017. Almost immediately, this beat and vocals reminded of All That by Carly Rae Jepsen, it even mentions letting someone into your arms! But it's like a modernised, faster version of that song. It really sounds like something Ariana would've released, in fact, it sounds exactly like something that would've come from Dangerous Woman. For it to come from Gaga is a bit unexpected. But it's not a bad surprise. It just takes some getting used to. If any other artist had released this, I would think it was just to have a hit. But with Gaga, it's a lot of other things too.

Ultimately, if it gets radio play, gets the public into a new Gaga single, gets everyone from outside the US to wake up to her again, gets her another hit, gets her more streaming power, etc. I am all for it. Sometimes, the occasional public friendly song can help get some of the power back. Gaga's going to have to continue to have chart presence if she wants to hang on to relevancy especially now she's older. She doesn't have the album selling power of Beyonce, so she has to pull in the public with singles. It's a smart business move. But the only question is - is this the lead from a new album? A re-release of Joanne? An EP still connected to Joanne? A one-off, completely unrelated song? She can't have given up on Joanne completely because she's about to embark on a tour called the Joanne tour. I'd be totally down for this to be the first single from a re-release. Joanne could do with a re-injection of selling power again because she did fade again after the initial SB hype and she still hasn't got back her international interest. Whatever happens, I hope she actually promotes this song and doesn't throw away a potential hit like she did with PI. It's too public-friendly not to make good use of it. At least we can rest assured that she'll be performing it at the second Coachella date and every date on the tour, along with Rock in Rio. This can only be a good thing.

Desperado
7 minutes ago, Derpplause said:

this song reminds me a lot of second time around

SAMEEEEEEEE

PopBitch
25 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

It's not RandB or tropical. It's pop. I like it because of the mixed vocals. She's doing light vocals in the verse, and light/full vocals in the chorus. Most of Joanne is full voice and heavy vibrato throughout and it's gets exhausting after a while. This is fresh and mainstream. She became famous off this type of music. Quit complaining about everything she does.

It sounds R&B, to me.  

Rudz Xinc

I can't stop listening to it

It's so catchy and I love it

The chorus is everything

Look at those clowns

Luxe Ford

Beautiful song, if a bit genetic. But I said that about Poker Face too the first fifty times I heard it, so we'll see...

I like the part at 2.25. Thought it was scrambled first, but its not. It just a real cool effect. 

Snap, snap, snap yo fingers yall!

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Chelseaaaaaa

I wish y'all would stop saying "you asked for this type of music!!!" because I sure didn't. I love 'Joanne' and think it's her most consistent album. It was a step in the right direction artistically. This song isn't my thing, to say the least.

Mr Ricky

I just listened to it again, and the "generic" feeling got away, because idk, her voice just gives this song a different vibe. Which is very good!!! Because I hate the style we currently have, it's just that the way they produced Gaga's song is much better. It's probably because she is singing in the chorus and doesn't let a dying cat do all the job. :kara:

Crossfit

AlexanderMagno

Clearly, undoubtedly, a song made to bring Gaga back to the radios and pop charts.

I've missed this. Gaga really has something for pop beats. I just wish this wasn't so tropical house. A mix between between Bieber's latest album and Ariana's. It sounds like something any pop star could release.

xokuba

Ok, IDK if it has been asked or not, and I know that you are on the same point of knowing as me, but! Are we getting a music video or not? 

Waiting for the answers and opinions...

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Wait are you saying this is a new rendition of whatever she made for ARTPOP Act 2?

maybe

This song gives me 'Nothing on But The Radio' vibes and definitely love it but it sounds more like a demo to me!

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived