💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Melanie Martinez

Irrelevant

Featured Posts

Irrelevant

http://i.imgur.com/12VoLqd.jpg?1

Welcome to the Melanie Martinez GGD Fan Page!!! Here we can talk about all sorts of Melanie-related stuff, enjoy!

Melanie Martinez is an American singer, songwriter and music video director. Her musical career first started when she auditioned at reality competition 'The Voice.' She performed an acoustic version of Britney's Spears hit single, 'Toxic,' and chose Adam Levine to be her coach. She got eliminated during Week 5, but that didn't stop her from achieving her dreams. She released her single, 'Dollhouse,' February 2014. The song made her get widespread notice and the video caught many people's attention. Her second single, 'Carousel,' was also featured on the preview of American Horror Story: Freak Show.

She released her first EP, 'Dollhouse,' May 2014. By then she already attracted lots of people and her fanbase was growing quickly. June 2015, she released the lead single for her first full-length LP, 'Pity Party.' She also directed her first video with the song. Cry Baby was released on August 14, 2015 to critical acclaim, and surely snatched many wigs, half colored or not. She then proceeded to release self-directed Music Videos for every song on the album, and here we are today :excited2:

And after four years k-12 is out isn't this crazy :messga:

Current Album:

latest?cb=20190516225904

Current Video Era:

ITS FINALLY OUT

MM2 (Rumors, Confirmed Features):

Spoiler

Confirmed:

Spoiler

The album's working concept is that it will be set in a town, and will be told from Cry Baby's perspective. According to Melanie, it will be Cry Baby stepping outside of her family life and love life, and acting like a narrator for the album. The title of the album is the name of a particular place in Cry Baby's town/neighborhood.

Cry Baby will be narrating the album from her perspective and will be introducing new characters, but she should appear on the album at some point. According to Melanie, she says "You’re not learning about her, you’re learning about the place that she’s in and her perspective".

There will be 13 songs on the album.

Melanie confirmed that none of her unreleased songs would be on her next studio album because the album "has too specific of a theme".

Melanie has stated that she will be experimenting with vintage squeak toys.

Melanie stated in an interview the album will be more hip-hop-like than her other music.

Michael Keenan, her current boyfriend, is producing the album.

When Melanie finishes all of her music videos for Cry Baby, she will announce the album's title.

Melanie told a fan that this album will be much darker than her previous album.

Melanie confirmed that there would be a tour in 2018 to go along with this album.

Melanie once mentioned that it is possible something good finally happens to Cry Baby.

Melanie said that there might be a song flashing back to Tag, You're It.

Melanie once responded to a fan on Instagram there won't be any collaborations on this album.

Melanie has said that there will be a song about friends in school that didn't actually want a close connection at all.

Melanie has also said there will be a song about how your mental health is important to maintain.

Brian said on Twitter that he is brainstorming for his new character, possibly for Melanie's new album.

Melanie said 'it's a really f*cked place and it's a place we can all relate to'.

Melanie stated that there will be a character based on Donald Trump.

Melanie said that she will make a film to go along with this album.

The film will be a mixture of horror and drama.

According to a interview that G1 did with Melanie, she has already recorded the songs for her second album.

Melanie said on Instagram that this album has a completely different style of music from Cry Baby.

Melanie said on Twitter that this album will have bonus tracks.

Rumored:

Spoiler

Lyrics:

Spoiler

If you can't handle a heart like mine,
Don't waste your time with me
If you're not down to bleed. 
No oh.
If you can't handle
The choking the biting the loving the
smothering till you can't handle it no more. 
Go home. 

-------------------------------------------

Come to my house, let's cry together
Friendship that would last forever

Other:

Spoiler

@Helxig has information :hor: (Don't bombard him with PM's tho :sweat:)

Discography:

Spoiler

Melanie_Martinez_Dollhouse_EP_cover.jpg (RELEASED: MAY 19 2014)

TRACKLISTING:

Spoiler

1. Dollhouse

2. Carousel

3. Dead To Me

4. Bittersweet Tragedy 

Melanie_Martinez_-_Cry_Baby_(album).png (RELEASED: AUGUST 14 2015)

TRACKLISTNG:

Spoiler

1. Cry Baby

2. Dollhouse

3. Sippy Cup

4. Carousel

5. Alphabet Boy

6. Soap

7. Training Wheels

8. Pity Party

9. Tag You're It

10. Milk And Cookies

11. Pacify Her

12. Ms. Potato Head

13. Mad Hatter

DLX TRACKLISTING:

Spoiler

1. Cry Baby

2. Dollhouse

3. Sippy Cup

4. Carousel

5. Alphabet Boy

6. Soap

7. Training Wheels

8. Pity Party

9. Tag You're It

10. Milk And Cookies

11. Pacify Her

12. Ms. Potato Head

13. Mad Hatter

14. Play Date

15. Teddy Bear

16. Cake

PITY PARTY EP (NO IMAGE) (RELEASED: MAY 2 2016)

TRACKLISTING:

Spoiler

1. Pity Party

2. Dollhouse

3. Dead To Me 

4. Bittersweet Tragedy

Cry_Baby's_Extra_Clutter_EP_Cover.jpg (RELEASED NOVEMBER 15 2016)

TRACKLISTING:

Spoiler

1. Play Date

2. Teddy Bear

3. Cake

4. Gingerbread Man

Singles:

Spoiler

Dollhouse_-_Single_cover.jpg 

Melanie_martinez_carousel_single_cover.p

Melanie_martinez_pity_party_single_cover

Melanie_martinez_soap_promo_single_cover

Melanie_Martinez_Sippy_Cup_Cover.jpg

Videography:

Spoiler

Other Releases:

Spoiler

CRY BABY'S STORY (SO FAR)

Spoiler

Cry Baby was brought into her messed up world with an older brother, mother, and father (Cry Baby).  Cry Baby's life at home; her father was having an affair, causing her mother to fall into depression and drink away her emotions. Her brother also was addicted to drugs, as he smoked cannabis. She felt plastic and as fake as a doll in a plastic dollhouse, she knew one day someone would find out her 'perfect family' isn't perfect after all (Dollhouse).

As Cry Baby's mom catches her husband bringing yet another girl to their home, she cruelly murdered him and his mistress after having a few too many drinks - with the influence of jealousy that overtook her and tried to drug her own daughter, after Cry Baby sees what tragedy took place that night (Sippy Cup).

Soon, she meets a boy at the carnival with whom she falls in love and enters a one-sided relationship, which makes her feel like she's stuck on a carousel (Carousel).

It took her a while to realize how toxic the relationship was, however Cry Baby eventually breaks up with Alphabet Boy when she realizes he doesn't deserve her love. She showed him that she's big enough to say '**** you' and move on from him (Alphabet Boy).

Cry Baby met another boy named Johnny whom she felt a connection to, but was scared to say that she loved him, so she "washed her mouth out with soap" when Johnny came over to play with her (Soap).

After a while of contemplating, she finally decided that it was time to take it to the next level. She took Johnny's training wheels off to show him that he is free, and to show how much she loves him (Training Wheels).

She invited all of her friends and her newfound lover to her birthday party, but to her disappointment, nobody showed up. This drew the line for Cry Baby and it was the beginning of her slowly changing. She went on a rampage and wrecked her house (Pity Party).

Now that she was single once again, she had become vulnerable to the "wolves" that were on the prowl. She was snatched up by the Big Bad Wolf, who had disguised himself as an ice cream man, after he tricked her into eating drugged ice cream. He then took her back to his awful home (Tag, You're It).

The wolf orders Cry Baby to make him milk and cookies. Now evidently insane, Cry Baby poisoned the milk and cookies she made for her kidnapper and escaped. (Milk and Cookies).

After escaping, Cry Baby discovered a boy in a relationship where he was not happy. Cry Baby is desperate to free the boy from the relationship after she falls in love with him, then pacifying Basic Bitch, but in the end she is unsuccessful after the Basic Bitch wins him over with her breasts. (Pacify Her).

Now aware that attractive bodies have a great effect on boys, Cry Baby begins to grow self-conscious. She believes her hair needs to be a different color, she has to be thinner, and she has to have bigger breasts in order to be loved. However, after seeing Mrs. Potato Head on the TV screen and the consequences of changing yourself for boys, Cry Baby realizes that she is perfect the way she is and there is nothing that she needs to change (Mrs. Potato Head).

Ultimately, she learns what it means to love oneself, to have self-respect, and to have self-worth. She also learns that everybody goes a bit mad sometimes, and that's perfectly okay (Mad Hatter).

CHARTS

Spoiler

Albums & EPs:

Cry Baby:

US TOP ALT: #1

US: #6

SPAIN: #6

CAN: #10

ARG: #14

ITA: #18

NZ: #21

POR: #23

AUS: #27

UK: #32

IRE: #35

FIN: #36

SCOT: #40

NET: #65

BEL: #77

RIAA: Plat

BPI: Gold

Dollhouse EP:

US HEAT: 4

MELANIE MARTINEZ CRY BABY CHARACTERS @Helxig

CRY BABY MEGARATE

Results:

Spoiler

Mrs Potato Head: 9.66

Pity Party: 9.56

Soap: 9

Dollhouse: 8.75

Tag You're It: 8.72

Cry Baby: 8.59

Cake: 8.53

Mad Hatter: 8.31

Pacify Her: 8.22=

Sippy Cup: 8.22=

Training Wheels: 8.16

Milk And Cookies: 8.13

Carousel: 8.06

Alphabet Boy: 7.72

Teddy Bear: 7.31

Play Date: 7

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooolong

Patiently awaiting the next album. I think I overplayed 'Cry Baby'. :giveup: 

22 minutes ago, Stvrboy said:

I hate her

Then don't come in and comment in a thread DEDICATED to her? :emma:

The Unbannable Chanteuse

SychosSoChic

I want a relationship like Tag Your It and Teddy Bear :flutter:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Stvrboy
3 hours ago, Ooolong said:

Patiently awaiting the next album. I think I overplayed 'Cry Baby'. :giveup: 

Then don't come in and comment in a thread DEDICATED to her? :emma:

People love to hate sometimes. It's a pleasure only the non-hypocrital ones can enjoy. :hor:

• 3 weeks later...
JHS

Omg, how did I miss this thread? :giveup: @redhoodieslime It's such a great idea!

I was first introduced to her music on August at the time we were all thirsty for PI. My sister talked me about her and out of curiosity I watched a couple of her videos (Alphabet Boy, Dollhouse and Carousel I think) and I really liked them so I started to listen to Cry Baby... and I f***ing loved it. It is one of those albums of which you love every single song. I liked it so much that I even bought a physical copy:giveup: Around early September I started to watch more of her videos and I was so wondered by her artistry and creativity!

However, I didn't turn into a cry baby til December around the time the Mrs. Potato Head vid was released. I took a closer look at her lyrics and songs and I thought her way of playing with words, toy sounds and metaphors to talk about adult problems was so genius of her. I started to watch her interviews and I fell in love with her.

She's such a creative soul and has such a big heart. She's definitely the best new artist to appear since Gaga for me. Now it's my second fave after Mother Monster.

JHS

THIS!  Mad Hatter video is cumming girls and it's gonna be EPIC:giveup: I'm so excited for this one :excited2: The fact that she says it's gonna be different from her other videos, hypes me even more.

Let's see how long we have to wait tho :ladyhaha:

Irrelevant
6 hours ago, LoisLilMonster said:

THIS!  Mad Hatter video is cumming girls and it's gonna be EPIC:giveup: I'm so excited for this one :excited2: The fact that she says it's gonna be different from her other videos, hypes me even more.

Let's see how long we have to wait tho :ladyhaha:

Inb4 DWUW :emma:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

JHS
10 minutes ago, redhoodieslime said:

Inb4 DWUW :emma:

She'd better not :grr: I've been waiting for this since the Pacify Her vid came out :giveup: I guess we'll have it 'soon'

• 3 weeks later...

Cry Baby is officially certified PLATINUM in the US :excited2: 

Platinum queen :diane: When will your fave? An alternative artist with no radio support getting certified for her first album :pray: Congrats Mel!

Hi Its Nicole
28 minutes ago, LoisLilMonster said:

When will your fave?

Gaga Did in 2013

lady-gaga-artpop-canada-that-grape-juice

Hello Gaga

Irrelevant
3 minutes ago, LoisLilMonster said:

Bump :poot: Are there any Melanie fans on GGD apart from @Irrelevant, @Hi its nick and @Ooolong? I don't see many people commenting on this thread.

Btw, we have to have a Melanie emote on GGD :giveup:Would you be here for it?

YES!

@TeenIdle@ChaosAngel17@Cocaine Heart@ARTPOPrebellion@Dawson@Horiph@blackstar@Gaga is Mine@SychosSoChic@Helxig@Yo GagaGaga@RudzXinc@Gypsygaga1@dUmb@Saint Hollywood and @Drin Lon.

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Archived