💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Kendrick Lamar - DAMN (Album)

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Chromatislaps
16 hours ago, Thomas P said:

K so so far it's a step down from TPAB but it's a step up from GKMC and honestly no artist will ever beat TPAB. IMO it's the greatest rap album in history, so I don't think he'll ever beat it. 

I give it a 9/10

I agree TPAB, is so conceptually sound (my fave kdot album sofar). But we have to wait until (if) NATION. get's dropped this Sunday, maybe the whole concept will be mindblowing :giveup: 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry

Finally taken it all in. Wow. Very very different to TPAB, much more modern sounding. The production is immense... Immediate favs, Humble (still), XXX, God, Element...

Can't wait to see if the rumours about another album on Sunday are true. I really hope it is, I'm sure everything will make a lot more sense. His Coachella set on Sunday is gonna be everything :giveup:

Thomas P
57 minutes ago, Derpplause said:

I agree TPAB, is so conceptually sound (my fave kdot album sofar). But we have to wait until (if) NATION. get's dropped this Sunday, maybe the whole concept will be mindblowing :giveup:

FUXKKKKKK. I keep forgetting about the rumoured part 2!!!!

Jesus he's just so perfect!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

littlepotter

Okay i feel likw im the only person who never listened to an album of his? Is it good? Should i? Even if i never got hip hop?

chaeri pls

SirLudicopro

After my first listen, I must say this album is incredible. Fell and Fear are masterpieces and there's not a single bad song in there.

This was the first album from Kendrick I listened to and I am very impressed, I'll have to check the rest of his discography.

Morphine Prince
4 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Okay i feel likw im the only person who never listened to an album of his? Is it good? Should i? Even if i never got hip hop?

Yes, listen to one of his albums. 

You're welcome. 

littlepotter
4 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Yes, listen to one of his albums. 

You're welcome. 

Okay :poot: which one

chaeri pls

Morphine Prince
5 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Okay which one

Well you said you've never gotten into hip hop so it's kinda hard to decide. 

Most fans think To Pimp A Butterfly is his best album. That album mixes a lot of sounds so I'd suggest to start with that one. 

Good kid, mad city is great too and his biggest hits are from that one. 

If you want to start with his most popular or just song maybe anyone can get into listen to: 

Swimming Pools 

Poetic Justice

King Kunta

i

Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe (Gaga was supposed to be on this one) 

littlepotter
29 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Well you said you've never gotten into hip hop so it's kinda hard to decide. 

Most fans think To Pimp A Butterfly is his best album. That album mixes a lot of sounds so I'd suggest to start with that one. 

Good kid, mad city is great too and his biggest hits are from that one. 

If you want to start with his most popular or just song maybe anyone can get into listen to: 

Swimming Pools 

Poetic Justice

King Kunta

i

Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe (Gaga was supposed to be on this one) 

Thank you!

chaeri pls

imnotyourbabe10

Thank you for this thread! :hug:  (Some great discussion as opposed to a 'hunty' thread :tongue:)

Good Kid, M.A.A.D City is my favorite record of his (they are all freaking fire, though).  DAMN. is a wonderful addition! 

My favorites so far: DNA, HUMBLE, XXX.

Loved the interjection of news clips about hip-hop...awesome social commentary as usual! 

Archived