Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jude Law to play Dumbledore

HausOfMark

Featured Posts

Gagamel
12 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Love Jude Law, don't really love the new franchise. 

Harry Potter was special but I feel like either Rowling lost creative control towards the end or she sold out. 

The last movie didn't need to be broken up into two movies. Just like Lionsgate didn't have to break up the last Hunger Games movie. It's a shameless and obvious plea for more money. 

I know a lot of people hold the Harry Potter world SUPER close to their heart and are super protective of it (I know my sister is) so I don't wanna piss anyone off but that's kinda how I feel. 

Like can't you let the legacy of your work speak for itself over time without trying to milk it try for every penny it's worth?

Idk I just feel like FB doesn't and won't touch upon anything profound or significant that HP didn't, ya know? I feel like all that's to be said has been said. 

That's probably because you grew up by now, i know kids/teens who are crazy about the new franchise, it's the same to them as HP was to us.

Head Empty

Giant Potterhead here.

Really dissappointed by this, just like I was with the casting of Grindelwald :giveup:. These are iconic characters that millions of fans have visualized in their own unique ways. Casting hugely well-known actors really breaks that magical illusion that this universe could be "real". They kinda overshadow the roles they play, because we already know them as themselves.

Dominic
Just now, Totodile said:

Giant Potterhead here.

Really dissappointed by this, just like I was with the casting of Grindelwald :giveup:. These are iconic characters that millions of fans have visualized in their own unique ways. Casting hugely well-known actors really breaks that magical illusion that this universe could be "real".

This. It's easier to suspend our disbelief and immerse yourself when the actor is unknown. I probably won't be able to take this role seriously because Jude Law is such a recogniseable face. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

YeehawKylie
23 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Harry Potter was special but I feel like either Rowling lost creative control towards the end or she sold out. 

She sold out. She's been milking this franchise dry and needs to move on. 

23 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

The last movie didn't need to be broken up into two movies. Just like Lionsgate didn't have to break up the last Hunger Games movie. It's a shameless and obvious plea for more money. 

This is debatable, so I can't entirely disagree. I'll say Mockingjay Part II made me appreciate the Hunger Games story much more, as the book Mockingjay seemed so rushed at the end. The whole resolution occurs during the last ten pages, which is quite rushed in comparison to the rest of the book and series. 

So, while I find Mockingjay Part I a little slow and boring, I appreciate that the second half got a full film as it enable the story and resolution to be fleshed out much more than the book did. 

MJHolland
13 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

This is false. Have you read the books? It's impossible to condense the 7th into one movie, even if it is 3 hours long.

12 minutes ago, JusticeforVenus said:

Guuuurl the Last Hp book splitted in two was really Needed... MANY THINGS HAPPENED IN THAT BOOK, MAKING IT JUST A MOVIE WOULD HAVE LEFT MANY HOLES...

Dobby deserved to die and be the end of a movie cuz HE IS DOBBY THE FREE ELF

leave HARRY POTTER alone 

Lmao I knew that'd still piss people off even though I tried to make it not :laughga:

The 7th book isn't even the longest. The whole argument on "it couldn't have been condensed" doesn't hold up for me. If Order of the Phoenix was made into one movie so could the last one. 

Furhtermore, they decided to make the last movie in 3D despite the fact that none of the other films were shot this way. Why? IMO It was to make more money 

MJHolland
Just now, IndieKylie said:

She sold out. She's been milking this franchise dry and needs to move on. 

This is debatable. I'll saw Mockingjay Part II made me appreciate the Hunger Games story much more, as the book Mockingjay seemed so rushed at the end. The whole resolution occurs during the last ten pages, which is quite rushed in comparison to the rest of the book and series. 

So, while I find Mockingjay Part I a little slow and boring, I appreciate that the second half got a full film as it enable the story and resolution to be fleshed out much more than the book did. 

Yeah don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the last one, same with the last HP film. 

With the Hunger Games it's a slightly different subject all together because the root theme is a scornful critique on capitalism. It's ironic and almost hypocritical that it's author sold out to Lionsgate and she allowed them to break down her whole trilogy thing that was going on. It's makes me think that there was never a genuine argument to the story and it was only made for entertainment/monetary value. 

Sorry if I'm being too critical guys, I recently wrote a few papers about these franchises/books in a literature class about finance and stuff. Really interesting but yeah super critical. 

YeehawKylie
Just now, MJHolland said:

Yeah don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the last one, same with the last HP film. 

With the Hunger Games it's a slightly different subject all together because the root theme is a scornful critique on capitalism. It's ironic and almost hypocritical that it's author sold out to Lionsgate and she allowed them to break down her whole trilogy thing that was going on. It's makes me think that there was never a genuine argument to the story and it was only made for entertainment/monetary value. 

Sorry if I'm being too critical guys, I recently wrote a few papers about these franchises/books in a literature class about finance and stuff. Really interesting but yeah super critical. 

That's fair enough...they could've definitely made Mockingjay into a 2.5-3 hour film as Part I had far too long of a run-time (considering the important elements...like Bonnie and the rumors of District 13...in the second film were not covered). 

I feel more critical to Mockingjay the book in the end, though. It almost feels like Collins was given a page-limit and realized she was reaching it and put a quick end to the series. I'm glad the second film helped repair some of what the last book lacked. It made me appreciate the series a lot more, as the book left me feeling a little underwhelmed. 

JusticeforVenus
20 minutes ago, Totodile said:

Giant Potterhead here.

Really dissappointed by this, just like I was with the casting of Grindelwald :giveup:. These are iconic characters that millions of fans have visualized in their own unique ways. Casting hugely well-known actors really breaks that magical illusion that this universe could be "real". They kinda overshadow the roles they play, because we already know them as themselves.

Mmm noooo Gurl...

Helena and Ralph were very known names before bellatrix and Voldemordt,  and they did it great, the iconic Bellatrix will Stay iconic for ever

Regina George

I don't know what are you all talking about. FB was amazing amd every true Harry Potter fan loves it. :neyde: This is amazing choice for Dumbledore. :golfclap:

Head Empty
1 minute ago, JusticeforVenus said:

Mmm noooo Gurl...

Helena and Ralph were very known names before bellatrix and Voldemordt,  and they did it great, the iconic Bellatrix will Stay iconic for ever

Well my luck with those two was that I didn't know them before Harry Potter :emma:. Although I still think Helena was a little to cartoony as Bellatrix (although still great), and I didn't like Ralph as Voldemort at all :emma:.

But I'm just nitpicky, because I pretty much dislike half of all the Harry Potter casting choices.

JusticeforVenus
18 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Lmao I knew that'd still piss people off even though I tried to make it not :laughga:

The 7th book isn't even the longest. The whole argument on "it couldn't have been condensed" doesn't hold up for me. If Order of the Phoenix was made into one movie so could the last one. 

Furhtermore, they decided to make the last movie in 3D despite the fact that none of the other films were shot this way. Why? IMO It was to make more money 

We all know it was done for the money, but I am still very happy with it,they did it very good.  And I still say that the book Needed its two movies,  it didnt have a simple Story like  the last book of Twilight / The Hunger Games/ divergent... 

Mister Gaga
39 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

It's not about the number of pages, it's  obviously about the plot. 

40 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

3D exploded with Avatar in late 2009. HP7 didn't require 3D, so they didn't apply it, despite they could have won much more money with it. HP8 required it because of it's constant action scenes.

HausOfMark
1 hour ago, MJHolland said:

Love Jude Law, don't really love the new franchise. 

I know a lot of people hold the Harry Potter world SUPER close to their heart and are super protective of it (I know my sister is) so I don't wanna piss anyone off but that's kinda how I feel. 

Like can't you let the legacy of your work speak for itself over time without trying to milk it try for every penny it's worth?

Idk I just feel like FB doesn't and won't touch upon anything profound or significant that HP didn't, ya know? I feel like all that's to be said has been said. 

The last movie needed to be broken into 2 movies due to all the important pieces and content that needed to be shown. But i do agree that Mockingjay did not need to be broken into 2 movies. Everyone had to copy the deathly hallows.

-Mark

Archived