Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times

junolxf

Featured Posts

Hi Its Nicole
Just now, Blake said:

Oh my god, you need to stop, mate. Harry plays with gender roles, and even then, a knit sweater doesn't belong to females. I own literally 6 of them, and I'm male. 

Here's something you need:
September-09-2012-15-51-03-tumblrm8ap4sq

2 hours ago, Stvrboy said:

Prejudice is not funny sis

2 hours ago, junolxf said:

"He looks gay". :awkney:

He likes to play with gender roles and sexuality. He's very cool about it. It's refreshing. 

3 hours ago, malazam said:

so.....

it's not like he's not bi or gay tho

8 hours ago, Sure Joanne said:

because it's a knit sweater? :deadbanana: 

Let's just end this mess I didn't mean to take this the wrong way

Hello Gaga

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blake
7 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Harry's career up until this point has been all about singing songs directed at "you" i.e. a girl. Every One Direction song is their attempt at getting into a girl's pants. They don't even need to say "girl," "her or "she" but we know it's all directed to a girl. Most songs from young artists are about a relationship. So, when I hear Harry singing about things like "we never learn, we've been here before," and "we gotta get away from here," and "we could meet again somewhere," and "we don't talk enough," all I think of is that he's talking about a girl. Naturally, he won't use female pronouns because he's addressing the listener personally. And he also refers to the listener as "baby" as well and what straight man is going to refer to a general audience with that term?

I have no problem with him addressing it to a girl but it's just unclear what the intention is behind the song. Is he talking about him and a girl or talking about everyone? And one minute, he's telling you to stop crying as if to say "accept your problems," but the next minute, he's saying to run away from your problems? I would just like clarification as to what he really meant because I think his intention is a bit confused, at least to me. I can't truly like a song if I'm somewhat confused by its meaning.

I'm not sure if you know this, but it's a known thing Harry isn't completely straight, so it isn't obviously about a girl at all. And no, not every One Direction song is an attempt to get into a girl's pants. 

Don't try and battle with a massive 1D/Harry stan. :whitney: 

SMILE2NE1
2 hours ago, OMonster said:

It's kind of a known thing that Harry is at least bisexual. 

The song isn't about love, it's about death and religion. It's very, very dark I think. 

I agree with you. 

The song title itself is taken from the Bible itself - Sign of the Times - being signs of the apocalypse. 

Just stop your crying, it's a sign of the times
Welcome to the final show 
- it's the final stage of the world
Hope you're wearing your best clothes - hope you are ready
You can't bribe the door on your way to the sky - you can't break into heaven
You look pretty good down here
But you ain't really good - you make think you are good enough to get into heaven, but looking from above, it is clear you are not

And it continues...

Blake
Just now, Hi its nick said:

Let's just end this mess I didn't mean to take this the wrong way

You literally chose your terms; 'it looks so gay' and that it looks like something a female would wear.

You made your bed, now lie in it. 

RadioIsOurs
9 hours ago, Hi its nick said:

358994.jpgthat outfit :air: he looks gay

Stop discriminating people who like to wear Sesame Street costumes! :grr:

Hi Its Nicole
Just now, Blake said:

You literally chose your terms; 'it looks so gay' and that it looks like something a female would wear.

You made your bed, now lie in it. 

I said let's end this. No need to continue sis. I was not trying to be offensive. So if I was, I'm sorry.

Hello Gaga

StrawberryBlond
19 hours ago, OMonster said:

It's kind of a known thing that Harry is at least bisexual. 

The song isn't about love, it's about death and religion. It's very, very dark I think. 

17 hours ago, Blake said:

I'm not sure if you know this, but it's a known thing Harry isn't completely straight, so it isn't obviously about a girl at all. And no, not every One Direction song is an attempt to get into a girl's pants. 

Don't try and battle with a massive 1D/Harry stan. :whitney: 

But he's never actually confirmed this? Or is it all just fan rumour? I know there was a lot of fanfic goings on involving him but I always took it to be sheer wishful thinking on the fans' part. Sure, there's no way of proving it unless he says something but considering he's only dated and slept with women so far (that we know of), what evidence is there that he's bi? It's extremely difficult to hide your true sexuality these days. If any 1D member was anything other than straight, I always thought we'd know about it by now. I sometimes wondered if part of the reason why they were formed out of 5 solo singers was the hope that they wouldn't suffer the 'token gay member' thing that can cause some boybands to lose popularity.

Do we know the writing credits? If he's the main writer, I will be truly impressed.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Azor Ahai
1 minute ago, Miky said:

Do we know the writing credits? If he's the main writer, I will be truly impressed.

He is credited first along with  Ryan Nasci and Mitch Rowland

ShockPop

Let me shed some light on this song because I 100% connected to it like hell.

Imagine one day your boyfriend walks in and tells you he doesn't love you anymore. You're too different. You want different things.  You don't talk anymore and it's sad the love died.

This song is the conversation that follows.

Chelseaaaaaa

Anyone comparing this to Bowie is very, very misguided. I think comparing this to ANY glam rock is a stretch in actuality.

If someone else released this I don't think the acclaim would be as rapturous, but an ex-boy band member taking this route is considered a big deal. Eh. I don't want to give him a special pedestal.

The song isn't bad but it's not anything amazing.

Archived