💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga's Music Innovative and Exciting Anymore?

merlot

is gaga's music exciting anymore?   

273 members have voted

1. 1. is gaga's music exciting anymore?

• YES!
    • No :(

Featured Posts

merlot
1 minute ago, Benji said:

TF - BTW was innovative

ARTPOP was chasing a dead trend. That kind of EDM that is so heavily present on the album was popular for about five minutes a year before she released it :rip:

Joanne is just kind of there, Perfect Illusion is pretty innovative but the rest is pretty much just there. Still good though.

i agree with perfect illusion being the highlight of the album 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
merlot
1 minute ago, Gov Hooka said:

AURA alone screams hello when it comes to innovative.

Joanne is much less innovative but is still exciting

Aura is a HOT mess 

one of the messiest songs i've ever heard :madge:

ARTGOD
15 minutes ago, merlot said:

hmmmmm

618e6fa7fb0d20c0935991000079964c.gif

Stay living in the past with your popopoker faces and your papaparazzis over a dated untz untz beat pretending that that is somehow more interesting, ground breaking or original compared to the continuous genius track after genius track she's been serving in her last three albums while I enjoy Gaga's artistic peak.

ANGEL DOWN ANGEL DOWN WHY THE PEOPLE JUST STAND AROUND

giphy.gif

Edonis
1 minute ago, ARTGOD said:

Stay living in the past with your popopoker faces and your papaparazzis over a dated untz untz beat pretending that that is somehow more interesting, ground breaking or originak compared to the continuous genius track after genius track she's been serving in her last three albums while I enjoy Gaga's artistic peak.

giphy.gif

So why aren't the objective critics eating up her latest efforts then? :oprah: 

And I'm not disregarding anyone's opinion or disagreeing that her newer albums aren't progressive or innovative, I'm just curious as to why the general, unbiased critics aren't responding in a way that indicates that her newer music is innovative and groundbreaking, like they did with her older music? 

merlot
3 minutes ago, ARTGOD said:

Stay living in the past with your popopoker faces and your papaparazzis over a dated untz untz beat pretending that that is somehow more interesting, ground breaking or originak compared to the continuous genius track after genius track she's been serving in her last three albums while I enjoy Gaga's artistic peak.

giphy.gif

i'll gladly live in the past with great music 

enjoy listening to them grandma's songs  

tumblr_o0z8biWuWv1qfohf1o1_500.gif

Fernster7

Yes it is. I find her first two albums very annoying now, the only one that aged fine for me was BTW, and tbh I find Joanne more innovative for her standards than the other albums because she could have easily made another EDM album but she changed her sound completely. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Panchecco

I don't think Joanne is innovative but it's a different kind of music for Gaga so I admire her courage and desire to experiment with new sounds and vocals

I still think she's a very interesting and talented artist but I feel Joanne was just a "transitory phase", something she had to make to move on and accept the fact that she's a grown woman who doesn't need to make music just for the charts, especially coming from the mess that ARTPOP was

I'm sure LG6 will have those elements that most fans couldn't find in Joanne 

12 minutes ago, merlot said:

Aura is a HOT mess 

one of the messiest songs i've ever heard 

What is your favourite art pop song? 

sipthistea

Every album from TFM to Joanne has complex mix of genres, which I find exciting and interesting to listen to. Sometimes it sounds cheesy or too overproduced, but it would be boring otherwise. It's Gaga we're talking about.

Joanne is less like that, but songs like John Wayne and DIC have that quality as well. Even Angel Down has different elements, which make it interesting. 

merlot
2 minutes ago, Fernster7 said:

Yes it is. I find her first two albums very annoying now, the only one that aged fine for me was BTW, and tbh I find Joanne more innovative for her standards than the other albums because she could have easily made another EDM album but she changed her sound completely. 

like i said i'm not referring to the genres, she could've made a country/folk whatever album but as interesting and as innovative as the first albums 

Fernster7
35 minutes ago, merlot said:

i'll gladly live in the past with great music 

enjoy listening to them grandma's songs  

tumblr_o0z8biWuWv1qfohf1o1_500.gif

Grandma's songs?

d8d3928d753ad08a74099b808e69e744.gif

I am sorry that you think that because it's dumb, EDM is not the only kind of music that young people enjoy.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

merlot
2 minutes ago, mic said:

What is your favourite art pop song? 

DWUW, gypsy, venus, G.U.Y 

PunkTheFunk

If there was an option for 'exciting, but not innovative' I would pick it :madge:

Fernster7
31 minutes ago, merlot said:

like i said i'm not referring to the genres, she could've made a country/folk whatever album but as interesting and as innovative as the first albums 

I just don't see how they are as innovative as you're saying and like I said they aged pretty bad for me. Most of the songs annoy me and are clearly not as good as the ones she released last year imo.

ARTGOD
3 minutes ago, Edonis said:

So why aren't the objective critics eating up her latest efforts then?  

And I'm not disregarding anyone's opinion or disagreeing that her newer albums aren't progressive or innovative, I'm just curious as to why the general, unbiased critics aren't responding in a way that indicates that her newer music is innovative and groundbreaking, like they did with her older music? 

Unbiased critics? Lies, fallacies and fairytales :laughga:

Criticism is biased by definition, critical reception is not a true reflection of something's quaility or worth, you should know that by now.

The reason a critic usually has for not liking her new work is because they have categorized her and expect a certain thing of her that she isn't delivering.

Joanne for example, some critics expected and/or wanted a pure pop album and they didn't get that, but they still hold it to that standard, that disappointment is inevitably going to come through in their review.

While other critics that expected a huge shift in sound to country and folk also didn't get that, they got what is essentially still a pop album, they feel that she didn't fully commit to the sound, that also comes through in their reviews, Theneedledrop's review is a good example of the later.

While if a critic comes with the expectation that she's gonna do pop with the influences of other genres they are certainly more satisfied, and many critics don't get that.

That's because criticism is inevitably based on taste, expectations, classification, and perception, a critic can never give an objective review of a piece of media because that simply doesn't exist.

Archived