💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Kylie Minogue's 50 Best Songs: RESULTS + PLAYLIST

YeehawKylie

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
4 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

It certainly is :diane: I actually got into her earlier work (Impossible Princess and Kylie Minogue) quite recently, and I love the first one by now, but I'm still getting into her self titled :music: Confide In Me has always been one of my faves tho :diane: 

Her self-titled is definitely a little harder to get into, but it's one of her best. It's cohesive, thematically and sonically. It is even more impressive when you realize what a risk it was for her to depart her normal sound like that. :kara:

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YeehawKylie

44. Skirt  

Down. Down. Down. Released as a buzz-single for Kiss Me Once, Skirt represents the direction the album could have taken (Skirt + Dear Mr. President, need I say more?). Sharply divided among critics, the song is one of Kylie’s best. The sharp pre-chorus leads to a perfect, seamless chorus. There’s little to find wrong with this song, it’s an earworm of a song, in the most positive way.

8648da6a1990f1929c556f5fec61735a.gif

Listen here

Previous: #45 Sleeping with the Enemy

Gia Gunn
3 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Her self-titled is definitely a little harder to get into, but it's one of her best. It's cohesive, thematically and sonically. It is even more impressive when you realize what a risk it was for her to depart her normal sound like that. :kara:

Definitely :diane: Confide In Me and its video is like the start of her indie era and I LOVE it :diane: 

Just now, IndieKylie said:

44. Skirt  

Down. Down. Down. Released as a buzz-single for Kiss Me Once, Skirt represents the direction the album could have taken (Skirt + Dear Mr. President, need I say more?). Sharply divided among critics, the song is one of Kylie’s best. The sharp pre-chorus leads to a perfect, seamless chorus. There’s little to find wrong with this song, it’s an earworm of a song, in the most positive way.

8648da6a1990f1929c556f5fec61735a.gif

Listen here

Previous: #45 Sleeping with the Enemy

This should've been a bonus track at least :madge: It's a hell of a banger and it would've fitted perfectly with Mr President :madge: 

YeehawKylie

43. I Should Be So Lucky

The follow up hit to The Locomotion, I Should Be So Lucky remains one of Kylie’s most identifiable songs. A song written purely for the charts, it’s hard to justify putting this song any higher. It’s a fun, immature song meant for a pre-teen audience and what established Ms. Minogue as the "Girl Next Door".  Kylie rightfully gives it the recognition it deserves as one of her first hits, one of the few from the era to withstand time.

75da99ab53e53afd0f08f17fdbec5547.gif

Listen here

Previous: #44 Skirt

ImpossiblePrincess
24 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

43. I Should Be So Lucky

The follow up hit to The Locomotion, I Should Be So Lucky remains one of Kylie’s most identifiable songs. A song written purely for the charts, it’s hard to justify putting this song any higher. It’s a fun, immature song meant for a pre-teen audience and what established Ms. Minogue as the "Girl Next Door".  Kylie rightfully gives it the recognition it deserves as one of her first hits, one of the few from the era to withstand time.

75da99ab53e53afd0f08f17fdbec5547.gif

Listen here

Previous: #44 Skirt

u still there

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

YeehawKylie
5 minutes ago, littlemonsterL5 said:

u still there

Yes, had to take a quick break! Returning with #42 and #41 in the next 10 mins! Thanks for being patient. :hug:

ImpossiblePrincess
3 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Yes, had to take a quick break! Returning with #42 and #41 in the next 10 mins! Thanks for being patient. :hug:

yas :hug:

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

YeehawKylie

42. Hand On Your Heart

An improvement to I Should Be So Lucky, in my opinion. The lyrics mature, just by a hair, and the song gets stuck pleasantly in one's head. The high point of an album that is largely forgettable, Hand On Your Heart deserves lots of love as it continued the reign of Kylie.

put-yout-hanf-on-your-heart.gif

Listen here

Previous: #43 I Should Be So Lucky

YeehawKylie

Next up, we end the night with #41! Afterward, I'll post when we'll learn what #40-31 are tomorrow

YeehawKylie

41. Step Back In Time

I hate putting this song out of the Top 40, I really do. I adore the song. It was the perfect follow-up single to Better the Devil You Know and one of the better songs of the PWL/SAW Kylie-Era. Step Back in Time ages well and is extremely catchy. The production has matured from the Kylie/Enjoy Yourself days and continues the evolution of Kylie’s sexual image and attempts to progress as a musical artist. Step Back In Time remains a classic Kylie song, and for good reason, but does it match up to her more contemporary work?

stepbacktumblr_m1o82pKvIu1qggfapo1_500.g

Listen here

Previous: #42 Hand On Your Heart

YeehawKylie

Tomorrow, at 10am EST we'll further expand our look into Kylie's discography and reveal #40-31! In the meantime, feel free to discuss #41-50 and what you hope to see in the Top 40! See you then! 

kylie-minogue-1464448493.gif

I only know like a few songs but the ones I like are

Love At First Sight

Slow

Come into My World

In Your Arms

Cupid Boy

Like a Drug

Nu-di-ty

Speakerbox

Cant Get You Out...

In Your Eyes?  I think thats what its called

7 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Tomorrow, at 10am EST we'll further expand our look into Kylie's discography and reveal #40-31! In the meantime, feel free to discuss #41-50 and what you hope to see in the Top 40! See you then! 

kylie-minogue-1464448493.gif

I dont know a single song from 41-50 lol

YeehawKylie
2 minutes ago, XtiNe said:

I dont know a single song from 41-50 lol

Listen to them! They're great. :giggle:

Archived