I haven't been able to get into If You Were With Me Now. :toofunny:

giphy.gif

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Turuncan
1 minute ago, IndieKylie said:

I haven't been able to get into If You Were With Me Now. :toofunny:

Yeah I know, it sounds like a sugary cartoon song; but hey, I love it! Especially the extended version. 

YeehawKylie
3 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

giphy.gif

I think it's cause it reminds me of those Disney end-credits song where instead of the character singing, they hire people like Celine Dion or Vanessa Williams? :giveup:

Does that make any sense, at all? :emma:

YeehawKylie
3 minutes ago, Turuncan said:

Yeah I know, it sounds like a sugary cartoon song; but hey, I love it! Especially the extended version. 

I actually really like Let's Get To It, so it'll grow on me at some point I'm sure! 

BTW, I'm gonna follow you on instagram. :classy:

Gia Gunn
Just now, IndieKylie said:

0FITjhf.gif

Spoiler

I had to :emma: 

Turuncan

I think it's cause it reminds me of those Disney end-credits song where instead of the character singing, they hire people like Celine Dion or Vanessa Williams? :giveup:

I am a huge Celine fan as well, maybe that's why I am not alienated by that song so much. :D

Turuncan

I actually really like Let's Get To It, so it'll grow on me at some point I'm sure! 

BTW, I'm gonna follow you on instagram. :classy:

Please do!

YeehawKylie
3 minutes ago, Turuncan said:

I am a huge Celine fan as well, maybe that's why I am not alienated by that song so much. :D

It's not that I dislike those types of songs...it's just unlike anything Kylie has really done before! 

Turuncan

It's not that I dislike those types of songs...it's just unlike anything Kylie has really done before! 

I see. You know, that's why we love her, right? Her versatility is huge! Teen pop on first three albums, 90s house and new jack swing on "Let's Get to It" and "Kylie Minogue", alternative on "Impossible Princess", disco on "Light Years", dance-pop and electronica on "Fever" and post-"Body Language", funk and R&B on "Body Language"... A versatility we don't see much in the pop world other than Madonna. ;)

YeehawKylie
5 minutes ago, Turuncan said:

I see. You know, that's why we love her, right? Her versatility is huge! Teen pop on first three albums, 90s house and new jack swing on "Let's Get to It" and "Kylie Minogue", alternative on "Impossible Princess", disco on "Light Years", dance-pop and electronica on "Fever" and post-"Body Language", funk and R&B on "Body Language"... A versatility we don't see much in the pop world other than Madonna. ;)

Oh, yes. I love how diverse her career is...something she rarely gets due credit for! And she's maintained to be successful through all the changes, which is so so rare!

Turuncan

Oh, yes. I love how diverse her career is...something she rarely gets due credit for! And she's maintained to be successful through all the changes, which is so so rare!

Yeah, rightfully so! She even released a symphonic album and went on a b-sides tour. Really creative!

Gia Gunn
10 minutes ago, Turuncan said:

Yeah, rightfully so! She even released a symphonic album and went on a b-sides tour. Really creative!

I never paid The Abbey Road Sessions much attention after listening it for the first time (besides Flower which I love but makes me way too sad :emma:) but yesterday I heard the new version of CGYOOMH and my whole life was slayed :giveup: 

Turuncan
2 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

I never paid The Abbey Road Sessions much attention after listening it for the first time (besides Flower which I love but makes me way too sad :emma:) but yesterday I heard the new version of CGYOOMH and my whole life was slayed :giveup: 

'Come into My World' and 'Finer Feelings' are great as well!

YeehawKylie
5 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

I never paid The Abbey Road Sessions much attention after listening it for the first time (besides Flower which I love but makes me way too sad ) but yesterday I heard the new version of CGYOOMH and my whole life was slayed :giveup: 

2 minutes ago, Turuncan said:

'Come into My World' and 'Finer Feelings' are great as well!

Hearing Finer Feelings and Confide in Me on Abbey Road is what made me listen to both KM94 and Let's Get To It. The album helped me fall I love with her 90s albums!!

And omg the strings in CGYOMH are so good...:giveup:

Archived