Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Kylie Minogue's 50 Best Songs: RESULTS + PLAYLIST

YeehawKylie

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie

29. Spinning Around

The true comeback single for Kylie, signaling her return to pop-dance music. Once meant for Paula Abdul’s comeback, this song was made for Ms. Minogue. It is not the best single from Light Years, but it deserves recognition as the song that put her back on the map and brought us those iconic booty shorts. While the industry was ready to write Kylie off, for a second time, she came back stronger than before with Spinning Around being the first of a decade of new hits.

188179-kylie-minogue.jpg

Listen here

Previous: #30 In My Arms

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YeehawKylie

28. Your Disco Needs You

The gay anthem of all gay anthems, Your Disco Needs You is a charging anthem to disco (and the gays) and one of her most enjoyable tracks. Her vocals command the song (that high note, need I go on) and the French-bridge is another little detail we see come up in Gaga’s own work nearly a decade later…

your-disco-needs-you.gif
Listen here

Previous: #29 Spinning Around

John Slayne
6 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

28. Your Disco Needs You

The gay anthem of all gay anthems

I thought that was Get Outta My Way :nails: that song is gayer and superior :staymad:

YeehawKylie

27. Got To Be Certain

The best song of the Kylie/Enjoy Yourself days, Got To Be Certain is the definition of ‘timeless bop’. It is one of the few songs from the PWL era to still sound relatively fresh and, well, it never quite gets old…even after 29 years.

tumblr_lzcnffbqfr1r0jd3uo1_500.gif

Listen here

Previous: #28 Your Disco Needs You

YeehawKylie

26. All the Lovers

An anthem for love, this song is used to nickname her fans (the Lovers) and is a modern classic from Kylie. The underlying production as Kylie echoes ‘All the lovers..” and transitions to the chorus is absolute perfection and set the tone for both the era and album it lead.

tumblr_mh7cvoz5E51r0jd3uo1_500.gif

Listen here

Previous: #27 Got To Be Certain

YeehawKylie

25. Let’s Get To It

One of the best, and criminally underrated, title tracks. Let’s Get To It hums its way into our ears and never quite makes its way out. A highlight from the album it named, Let’s Get To It is a perfect song for the early 90s and of the best she released at the time.

kylie-minogue-tour-80s-900x675.jpg

Listen here

Previous: #26 All The Lovers

Gia Gunn
23 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

28. Your Disco Needs You

The gay anthem of all gay anthems, Your Disco Needs You is a charging anthem to disco (and the gays) and one of her most enjoyable tracks. Her vocals command the song (that high note, need I go on) and the French-bridge is another little detail we see come up in Gaga’s own work nearly a decade later…

your-disco-needs-you.gif
Listen here

Previous: #29 Spinning Around

ONE OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVES!!! :giveup: When I first listened to that song I knew I had just died and resurrected at the same time due to its epicness

YeehawKylie

24. Nu-Di-Ty

The funny thing is—I used to skip this song. The intro, well, is a bit much. A bit too much…but once past that the EDM/synth track is incredible. The chorus I cannot describe in words, but it is before its time. I rank this so high because I truly believe songs like Nu-Di-Ty helped define music trends for the following four years (2008-2012). Listen to The Fame, The Fame Monster, Animal, et all, and tell me Nu-Di-Ty was not the predecessor to some iconic albums from that era.

giphy.gif

Listen here

Previous: #25 Let's Get To It

YeehawKylie

23. Closer

A haunting track from Aphrodite, Closer slows the pace of the album and you almost wish it wouldn’t end. Kylie whispers over the synths and keyboards that define the song as one of Kylie’s best. This song deserves much more love than it’s given, because it’s one of her best ballads. It maintains a balance of ballad and bop, something almost every other pop star tries to do, and subsequently fails to execute.

200.gif

Listen here

Previous: #24 Nu-Di-Ty

John Slayne
4 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

24. Nu-Di-Ty

talent won, this track totally deserves to be on this list 

Gia Gunn
Just now, IndieKylie said:

23. Closer

A haunting track from Aphrodite, Closer slows the pace of the album and you almost wish it wouldn’t end. Kylie whispers over the synths and keyboards that define the song as one of Kylie’s best. This song deserves much more love than it’s given, because it’s one of her best ballads. It maintains a balance of ballad and bop, something almost every other pop star tries to do, and subsequently fails to execute.

200.gif

Listen here

Previous: #24 Nu-Di-Ty

My favourite song from aphrodite :giveup: In my opinion this is the song that most deserved a video from that album but didn't get one :giveup: It could've been hauntingly beautiful and mesmerizing :giveup: 

Gia Gunn

A lot of my faves have been featured but the one I'm rooting for rn is Sensitized because that one is extremely underrated :excited2:

YeehawKylie

22. I Was Gonna Cancel

A divisive song, and I’ll undoubtedly receive hate for including it so high and above more successful singles, but I Was Gonna Cancel was the single that should’ve been for Kylie. The funky, disco track is Pharrell at his absolute best and, Kylie made the most of the collaboration. Lyrically, the song is quite possibly of the strongest of Kiss Me Once and Kylie absolutely nails it.  

78ea94f65accd2158e2082ebdc94266b.gif

Listen here

Previous: #23 Closer

YeehawKylie

21. Did It Again

She did it again. This song is probably the catchiest from Impossible Princess, and undoubtedly has the best and most pointed video. It retains the Asian-influences found on the album (which was released prior to the often-compared-to Ray of Light) and the tongue-in-cheek lyrics are some of the strongest Kylie has written.

tumblr_luuu8aUAxP1qggfapo1_500.gif

Listen here

Previous: #22 I Was Gonna Cancel

Archived