💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Are Artists Not Lasting? When We Get Another Icon/Ellite

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

By Music Ellites or Icons I mean:

Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Adele, Justin Bieber, Drake, The Weeknd

Those artists that become famous enough to be known by everyone and to become like a brand, they dont become forgotten easily and they have multiple hits

Seems like The Weeknd was the last one and before that Drake. Last 6 years hardly anyone new sticks around. Whats up with that? :oprah: 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusfly

Streaming services have made it much much easier to discover new artists, where previously radios kinda dictated who got airtime and who was to be successful, less time is focused on specific artists and more on specific songs that are popular in that moment in time, and new artists rising on streaming platforms. The market is saturated now, theres too much content to focus on specific people

Reality

Would The Weeknd be considered an "elite" or "icon" though? I mean, he's very popular, but I don't know, I just don't see him in that category with everyone else you mentioned. 

🖤👹

boobtank

I was thinking this the other day. It's really hard to have longevity now... but tbh a lot of big artists are also struggling to succeed in the industry today.

venusfly
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Would The Weeknd be considered an "elite" or "icon" though? I mean, he's very popular, but I don't know, I just don't see him in that category with everyone else you mentioned. 

he's had 4 successful eras and is on a sold out arena tour rn so i personally would :shrug:

Hi Its Nicole
15 hours ago, Economy said:

Lady Gaga

Gaga will ALLWAYS last darling

Hello Gaga

Benji

It's a little more split up than that though :oprah: Both Drake and The Weekend were releasing music for years before making it big, like many of those artists.

It depends if an artist can emerge, provide something good to listen to that's modern and continue to keep hitting the ball out the park. It's a rare occurrence but it's what happened with everyone you mentioned and their biggest album/s.

Everyone's going to blame modern music but the truth is, no one exciting has emerged that has blown loads of people away for a while.

-- An example, imagine if some unknown pop artist suddenly emerged and released an album full of tropical house infused pop early last year... they would be HUGE now. The thing is, no one came through and did that. It's all about timing and predicting the next thing.

kvnrp
5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I think so.

He has talent, he makes good music, and his tour sold very well.

Maybe with an album or two, he could really cement himself in the buisness.

Head Empty
6 minutes ago, LG said:

he's had 4 successful eras and is on a sold out arena tour rn so i personally would :shrug:

Is it bad that I only know Can't Feel My Face? :sharon:

Edonis

There aren't that many interesting new mainstream pop acts that are willing to take risks and change pop. Everyone is pretty much playing it safe or acting like promo is a part time job. Tbh, I don't see it happening anytime soon, but someone new is bound to appear and change the industry. Either that, or Gaga is gonna shake things up with LG6 :poot:

kvnrp
1 minute ago, Totodile said:

Is it bad that I only know Can't Feel My Face? :sharon:

That song is his Poker Face tbh :saladga:

Overplayed to death omg

Mister Gaga
6 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

he successfully established himself as a main pop boy imo.

--

ikr? we need another huge pop superstar asap; last time was 9 years ago with Gaga and Katy, which already was 9 years after britney/christina. So, those 2 new pop girls might debut this year. Forget about Zara, Dua Lipa, Bebe...they won't make it. AG4 will define ari's place, but she's already a step down.

Economy
14 minutes ago, LG said:

Streaming services have made it much much easier to discover new artists, where previously radios kinda dictated who got airtime and who was to be successful, less time is focused on specific artists and more on specific songs that are popular in that moment in time, and new artists rising on streaming platforms. The market is saturated now, theres too much content to focus on specific people

Makes sense actually

Archived