💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Are Artists Not Lasting? When We Get Another Icon/Ellite

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy
14 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Would The Weeknd be considered an "elite" or "icon" though? I mean, he's very popular, but I don't know, I just don't see him in that category with everyone else you mentioned. 

Maybe my perception may be off because hes been popular in Canada longer than elsewhere

even still he seems to be lasting and having multiple hits. He is making his way to join the big names

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gts14

Ari is going to be a icon in a few years... she's already extremely successful and she outdoes herself with every new album

Economy
14 minutes ago, Benji said:

It's a little more split up than that though :oprah: Both Drake and The Weekend were releasing music for years before making it big, like many of those artists.

It depends if an artist can emerge, provide something good to listen to that's modern and continue to keep hitting the ball out the park. It's a rare occurrence but it's what happened with everyone you mentioned and their biggest album/s.

Everyone's going to blame modern music but the truth is, no one exciting has emerged that has blown loads of people away for a while.

-- An example, imagine if some unknown pop artist suddenly emerged and released an album full of tropical house infused pop early last year... they would be HUGE now. The thing is, no one came through and did that. It's all about timing and predicting the next thing.

True. Cuz an album takes time and theres a delay between making and release and by the time u release it u can be totally off

Maybe thats why so many bug names came at once. Cuz at one point Dance/EDM was consistantly popular for a pretty long time keeping it predictable

Also Rihanna moves fast on eras. Could once again be a reason shes lasted making hits so long

kvnrp
8 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

Forget about Zara, Dua Lipa, Bebe...they won't make it. AG4 will define ari's place, but she's already a step down.

Ariana has so much potential to become an icon, but I feel like her current musical style doesn't fit her 100%.

I can see her going a bit more in the classical direction or more the RnB route.

Doing a full choreo on a bike while hitting high notes isn't the right thing for her IMO.

The Child

Just wait for 2018.

1998 brought us Britney & Xtina

2008 brought us Gaga & Katy

2018 will bring us 2 pop sensations that will last

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Born To Slay
17 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

he successfully established himself as a main pop boy imo.

--

ikr? we need another huge pop superstar asap; last time was 9 years ago with Gaga and Katy, which already was 9 years after britney/christina. So, those 2 new pop girls might debut this year. Forget about Zara, Dua Lipa, Bebe...they won't make it. AG4 will define ari's place, but she's already a step down.

Ariana is currently on a successful world tour supporting an album that has pushed about a million copies and spawned 3 top 15 hits in the US. She's doing just fone.

Born To Slay
1 minute ago, CrazyMonster said:

Just wait for 2018.

1998 brought us Britney & Xtina

2008 brought us Gaga & Katy

2018 will bring us 2 pop sensations that will last

I really hope pop comes back

Mister Gaga
Just now, Born To Slay said:

Ariana is currently on a successful world tour supporting an album that has pushed about a million copies and spawned 3 top 15 hits in the US. She's doing just fone.

i agree, but she's not at gaga's or katy's level when they both debuted. She needs another big push to became a main pop girl. Her discography is very basic, her performances are average..

Born To Slay
Just now, Mister Gaga said:

i agree, but she's not at gaga's or katy's level when they both debuted. She needs another big push to became a main pop girl. Her discography is very basic, her performances are average..

Her discography is critically acclaimed. She isn't missing anything to be a main pop girl. 

The Child
5 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

I really hope pop comes back

Me too and I really want pop male artists to be less lazy and bring full choreos and amazing visuals.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Born To Slay
5 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Ariana Grande emerged in 2014 tho and she's still here

She emerged in 2013, u were right the first time. In 2013 she released her debut single, The Way, which went 3x platinum and she got her first number one album, Yours Truly. 

Born To Slay
Just now, CrazyMonster said:

Me too and I really want pop male artists to be less lazy and bring full choreos and amazing visuals.

I don't really care what male artists do personally, I love the pop girls. I don't know if I could Stan a guy.

Archived