💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Are Artists Not Lasting? When We Get Another Icon/Ellite

Economy

Featured Posts

On 24-12-2017 at 7:49 PM, Alexander Levi said:

I tell people I love the Dua Lipa song and everyone I’ve said that to is like “who?”

Shes nowhere NEAR legend status. Everyone only knows the song.

Her debut album has been out for about half a year....

qn3arc.jpg

IDGAF - single video out for 1 day, 6 mln views.

New Rules a massive superhit with more views on youtube than any gaga song (in the next couple days).

Be The One was a massive hit for a debut single, Hotter Than Hell, Blow Your Mind,...

Don't even start on her featuring songs...

24gsn06.jpg

n554if.jpg

Homesick single is being played on the radio non-stop here.

She's been touring for over a year, sold-out - the fame ball style.

Almost half the subscribers on her vevo as Gaga, yet her album singles outperform any Joanne single and ARTPOP singles. Spotify numbers are insane. 

We're not talking longevity yet, this is a superstar who rose to extreme fame in a supershort time. And she'll stick around. These numbers in such a short time is legendary to me. Let's see what the next albums do.

But crawl back into ignorance and "lol" at yourself. :)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Not for another decade or two :giggle:

Most artists these days are mostly followers, not leaders. They don’t seem to have that mentality. That is why they are not HUGE like MJ or Madonna or Gaga and so on. A huge persona that brought a new wave and make everyone else want to ride their coattails on for years to come.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

6 minutes ago, Deagan said:

IDGAF - single video out for 1 day, 6 mln views.

New Rules a massive superhit with more views on youtube than any gaga song (in the next couple days).

Youtube views don't mean anything, hope you know that. As for the U.S., she's only have one real hit song, which is New Rules, so she's still yet to prove hsrself here. She's likely a huge hit across seas but not here yet. 

OT: I honestly wantes Tove Lo to be the next big thing. Both Lady Wood and Blue Lips were one of the best albums of their released years.

On 13-1-2018 at 5:22 PM, Sharyu said:

Youtube views don't mean anything, hope you know that. As for the U.S., she's only have one real hit song, which is New Rules, so she's still yet to prove hsrself here. She's likely a huge hit across seas but not here yet. 

OT: I honestly wantes Tove Lo to be the next big thing. Both Lady Wood and Blue Lips were one of the best albums of their released years.

I second that Tove Lo thing. Lady Wood was insane. Keep It Simple <3

Blue Lips is kind of not my cup of tea though. Think she could've done better.

But Scared To Be Lonely with martin garrix, No Lie with sean paul, New Rules are all solid hits in the US non?
Anyway, Dua Lipa is one of the few major breakthroughs. 

Usually it is in the 8's if that makes sense :ladyhaha:

1988: Kylie Minogue

1998: Britney Spears

2008: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry (pre-:bon:)

YeehawKylie

I think streaming has really changed the game and, therefore, people tend to play it much safer. The change in music consumption between 1998 and 2008 isn't as drastic as it is between 2008 and 2018. These days, artists seem to release songs individually in an attempt to maintain relevance which is quite different from have an album of songs together and releasing singles one at a time. 

Archived