đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How Would PF and BR Chart Today?

Debithius

Featured Posts

Modern Ecstacy

No because to have hugely successful singles, you somewhat have to have a hype around you and unfortunately, Gaga lost that hype long ago. 

Edonis
47 minutes ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

No because to have hugely successful singles, you somewhat have to have a hype around you and unfortunately, Gaga lost that hype long ago. 

Were you even on the internet when PI was announced/released? That was the most hype she's had since Born This Way's release (not as much, but still, there was A TON of hype). 

OT: I think Bad Romance would chart fairly well, but I'm not sure about Poker Face. If it were at this point in her career, I doubt it would chart as well as those songs are much more mature than what most of mainstream pop is right now. But radio and sales would eat it up :giveup:

Modern Ecstacy
3 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Were you even on the internet when PI was announced/released? That was the most hype she's had since Born This Way's release (not as much, but still, there was A TON of hype). 

OT: I think Bad Romance would chart fairly well, but I'm not sure about Poker Face. If it were at this point in her career, I doubt it would chart as well as those songs are much more mature than what most of mainstream pop is right now. But radio and sales would eat it up :giveup:

Lemme rephrase what I meant. By "Hype" I meant image and popularity. Lady Gaga was "the pop girl" back in those days. Her popularity was at a whole other level so whatever she released got attention from the GP too. Hence, more likely to have a hit. Yes there was hype for PI but almost all of it (that I was saw atleast) from just from the fans and stan twitter.

gagzus

If they were a different sound perhaps but she doesn't have even half the attention and power she used to have so I couldn't see them doing as well as they did back then 

TheKillerQueen

Probably not that good because they would need promo and GaGa is anti-promo this era. :/ 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

Edonis
1 minute ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

Lemme rephrase what I meant. By "Hype" I meant image and popularity. Lady Gaga was "the pop girl" back in those days. Her popularity was at a whole other level so whatever she released got attention from the GP too. Hence, more likely to have a hit. Yes there was hype for PI but almost all of it (that I was saw atleast) from just from the fans and stan twitter.

Actually, she was viewed less as a pop girl and more as a pop culture phenomenon but I see what you're saying :oprah:

However, the hype for PI was outside of stanbases and fans. After her National anthem performnace, appearance at the Met Gala, and announcement at the Golden Globes, some people genuinely thought this era would be a return to form for Gaga (and in some ways it is, in other ways it is not). Then PI happened and the rest is history. So I have to disagree when people said she lacked hype. Maybe now not as much, but her projects do start out as hyped initially. 

Modern Ecstacy
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

Actually, she was viewed less as a pop girl and more as a pop culture phenomenon but I see what you're saying :oprah:

However, the hype for PI was outside of stanbases and fans. After her National anthem performnace, appearance at the Met Gala, and announcement at the Golden Globes, some people genuinely thought this era would be a return to form for Gaga (and in some ways it is, in other ways it is not). Then PI happened and the rest is history. So I have to disagree when people said she lacked hype. Maybe now not as much, but her projects do start out as hyped initially. 

yes exactly. She was a phenomenon. She was everything back then and definitely got a lot more attention from the GP.

Too bad that hype didn't reflect in the charts. PI deserved to be a top 10 hit atleast.

MaryJaneHolland
6 minutes ago, TheKillerQueen said:

GaGa is anti-promo this era. :/ 

she was promoting in 3 continents :rip: 

Edonis
1 minute ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

yes exactly. She was a phenomenon. She was everything back then and definitely got a lot more attention from the GP.

Too bad that hype didn't reflect in the charts. PI deserved to be a top 10 hit atleast.

If she had a streaming deal, it would've. Chained to the Rhythm had one and it charted in Top Ten, even with simialr sales and eventual radio callbacks. I sincerely hope Gaga's team takes streaming seriously with this next single or era or whatever. Or maybe at that point non subscribed streaming will be removed from the charts. We'll see.  

Modern Ecstacy
Just now, Edonis said:

If she had a streaming deal, it would've. Chained to the Rhythm had one and it charted in Top Ten, even with simialr sales and eventual radio callbacks. I sincerely hope Gaga's team takes streaming seriously with this next single or era or whatever. Or maybe at that point non subscribed streaming will be removed from the charts. We'll see.  

I hate how streaming is so important now. For me, it ruined the music industry. But yeah, Gaga's team needs to do something about streaming. Ultimately I guess it just depends on Radio since radio is the catalyst which gets people to stream and buy the song. 

JupiterDrive

well its all about promo and a good team which she had back then (joannsters will call out now because she did superbowl in this era :toofunny: ) so i guess it would be some bubbling under type of hit and her streaming sucks anyways now but who knows a mirracle could have had happened

Poker face wouldn't chart at all because it's dated, unless they re-arranged it. Bad Romance would we sucessful no matter what.

Archived