💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Introducing; ionnalee (iamamiwhoami)

Helxig

Featured Posts

calmar
1 minute ago, Green Eyes said:

is it supposed to be like 'I am Ami. Who? Ami!

I am. Am I?... Who am I?

äżșăźć‹ćˆ©ăŻæșるぎăȘい

KingOfSpain

I haven't listened to any of her songs. Only thing I now about her is how much it took me to pronounce her name when I learned English years ago.

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

Impostor

I like it. I guess she changed the name because the iamamiwhoami era was over after Blue. The new sound is probably more pop.

retroglamx
2 hours ago, Helxig said:

Oh girl, you have some catching up to do.

Back in 2010 a series of strange videos randomly appeared on YouTube, seemingly hints as to a musical project. It gained a lot of attention and the mystery of it all went viral. Each video would release a string of numbers or an animal or a letter, accompanied with an artistic music video in an alternate world, featuring an enigmatic woman. The videos were uploaded every Tuesday, and eventually they reached out to fans who had been following the mystery. Whoever first submitted the correct guess of who the artist was, would get to see her perform all her songs live for the first time (I think that's what it was, it was 7 years ago so my memory is fuzzy). It was amazing to watch unroll, and this is back in a time where YouTube was not what it is today. And utilising it in such a way was genius and very innovative! She eventually showed everyone that she was Jonna Lee, a Swedish singer-songwriter whose previous music was very different to her music as iamamiwhoami.

It was so fun to watch it all happen back in the day. I remember people looking into coding on the net and finding what country the videos were being uploaded from, and stalking celebrities Twitters, etc!

Here's her first mysterious video that started it all...

Say it with me: ICONIC.

I remember all this so clearly. I was part of a different forum where people were going nuts guessing who it was. I remember Xtina was mentioned a lot though. :laughga: 

But yes, I agree with you; that promo was ICONIC.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

JustifyMyLove

I thought this was about that insider who had as name something like iamwhoiam coming out as a singer / artist 

****ing lmfao

Julia Volkova #1 stan

TimisaMonster

I can't wait a week...this new album era looks amazing!!! :giveup:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived