Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Mariah Carey to be dropped from Epic?

yxi

Featured Posts

JustAnotherDay

this is not a reliable source. Mariah is a legend, even if she totally flops, it's incredible to have her name on your label, for street cred and picking up new artists.

was NickARTPOP

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnWayne23

Meanwhile, Ciara who is signed to Epic too, can't get a hit to save her life and yet they're keeping her?

Go to Interscope Mariah, leave those fools. 

Muscletank

Musically she has been forgettable for years. She is definatley relying on past laurels for sure. However, even if she came up with something amazing, would it get played? Radio is notoriously ageist, especially against older women. If Madonna couldn't get a hit with Ghosttown, then I can't see what Mariah could do, other than teaming up with someone super popular like Drake etc.

Wolf Boy

Shes a relic of the past. Shes lost her voice and her reputation. Time to retire.

Seashell Hooker
16 hours ago, FATCAT said:

This was over 20 years ago honey. You know you're over when Christmas time is the only time people listen to you. Not surprised they are dropping her. I'm actually surprised it took this long! 

Aphrodite Lady ~ Seashell Bikini

Seashell Hooker
15 hours ago, NickARTPOP said:

this is not a reliable source. Mariah is a legend, even if she totally flops, it's incredible to have her name on your label, for street cred and picking up new artists.

Mariah is up there with Dolly Parton, Tony Bennet.....all legend of the past. If Mariah comes out to sing, it's cute but not relevant or groundbreaking. She's old news. 

Maybe if she wasn't such a pompous diva bitch, people would still listen to her music. 

FATCAT
Just now, Seashell Hooker said:

This was over 20 years ago honey. You know you're over when Christmas time is the only time people listen to you. No surprised they are dropping her. I'm actually surprised it took this long! 

And yet, people are still listening to her. 20 years later. 

We can only dream that people still do that down the road for Gaga, or any recent artist.

Purr more, hiss less.

Jenniferella

If she could manage to get away from her alcohol problems and get back to being an actual singer it could work. But she enjoys herself and her natural talent way too much to work on it and she's been over for years now, I don't picture her back at the top again.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

migamiga
16 hours ago, Gaga Monster said:

A surprise? Mariah is over and has been for a while now, she isn't a single, album, or tour seller.

Her last record flopped, last singles flopped, and her and Lionel Richies tour sales were absolutely horrific and the tickets were 50% Off, no one wanted them

As a Mariah stan I pretty much agree with this. How in the world did they think it would smash? Although I do think her last album could've been saved had it been promoted better. Beautiful was really well-received and had a ton of radio spins

16 hours ago, FATCAT said:

Which is all the success that she may have anymore but it's ok most big names stop being successful at some point.

Seashell Hooker
Just now, FATCAT said:

And yet, people are still listening to her. 20 years later. 

We can only dream that people still do that down the road for Gaga, or any recent artist.

Bad Romance, Born This Way, and Poker Face will always be remembered. I have no concerns for Gaga. 

15 hours ago, NickARTPOP said:

I can agree with this

FATCAT
4 minutes ago, Seashell Hooker said:

Bad Romance, Born This Way, and Poker Face will always be remembered. I have no concerns for Gaga. 

Remembered, but they certainly won't hit top 20-30 every year.

Purr more, hiss less.

Gaga Monster
1 hour ago, F AM E said:

As a Mariah stan I pretty much agree with this. How in the world did they think it would smash? Although I do think her last album could've been saved had it been promoted better. Beautiful was really well-received and had a ton of radio spins

Beautiful could have been a top 5 hit if it was promoted properly

GGD Presidential Elections

Archived