💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

L.A.M.B. Results Ceremony

PeterPan

Featured Posts

narcoswing

omg Bye I thought this was supposed to happen on Saturday so I was asleep so I missed this:flop: But I'm glad the evergreen WYWF won :whitney:

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChicaSkas

I was so obsessed with this album for probably a solid YEAR. I have the tour book to this too <3

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

1 hour ago, ChicaSkas said:

I was so obsessed with this album for probably a solid YEAR. I have the tour book to this too <3

I was obsessed too lol

2 hours ago, narcoswing said:

omg Bye I thought this was supposed to happen on Saturday so I was asleep so I missed this:flop: But I'm glad the evergreen WYWF won :whitney:

It's okay. Glad you sent in gr8 comments. It was kinda last minute. I wasn't gonna have time for 2 hrs str8 the next few days so I pushed it up. 

6 hours ago, memomemome said:

Why Bubblepop electric so low :giveup:

It was top 5 for a while too

Hades

All those bitches who gave scores of 2 or 3 shouldn't be celebrating. They are deaf and TASTELESS.

On 3/1/2017 at 4:24 PM, XtiNe said:

Album Synopsis

L.A.M.B. has it's high points and low points, and it is what it is thanks to it's singles, kinda like Teenage Dream (hey, i'm not comparing them; just pointing out that without it's singles, there are no many interesting songs to listen to; and that doesn't happen with, idk, COADF, BTW, which are huge pieces of work; not just a bunch of quick little singles). The thing is that while TD offers many singles that sound the same, and have the same style (visually, lyrically); L.A.M.B. offers 5 singles of different genre, imagery & production; and it stills sounds cohesive. Gwen maintains her signature style through every song. Not every album can reflect that.

This is what made Gwen so unique back then; she appeared so fast, with an incredible creativity, with brand new sounds and such diversity, aesthetically attractive & smart music videos, that she turned the pop world upside down. She was on her own league, despite being in the pop game for few years and having no experience (her first pop solo album). The album, musically and visually (not only by her music videos but also by the cover) is deeply weird, but hypnotizing at the same time. You just can't stop watching and listening. It talks about Tokyo's culture (Harajuku Girls (ha Grigio Girls i guess)), which appears and influences kinda everything on this album/era (songs, images, music videos, fashion lines; lyrics (they're mentioned on WYWF, RG) - as you can see, this is all about Gwen's tastes. She expressed herself and talked about whatever the **** she wanted to); it has pop songs with huge influences of EDM (What You Waiting For); Reggae (Rich Girl); Hip Hop (Hollaback Girl); R&B (Luxurious) & Synthpop (Cool, Danger Zone). All of that, in just one album, that Gwen thought no one wanted to listen, and that she wasn't capable of compose. I can't think of another album that defined more the pop landscape of the following years (post 2005) that L.A.M.B. The Dutchess by Fergie, anyone? Loose by Nelly Furtado? and, yes...The Fame, by Lady Gaga? Please, watch LA.M.B.'s discography; then go watch Paparazzi. You'll see. Gaga took it to another level, yes, but the original creator of the outrageous / weird trend (without trying; not even knowing she was making such a huge impact) is Miss. Gwen Stefani. A pop culture event back then, a massive legacy that we saw reflected in Gaga, and we still see and hear today. A game changer, which is not often recognized as it should. by @MisterGaga

I totally agree. In fact, the first time i heard "The Fame" I remember thinking how much Gaga reminded me of Gwen. Even sounds a bit like her in some of the songs on The Fame (also in the unreleased tracks like Dirty Ice Cream, Retro Sexual, etc.)

45 minutes ago, jtrover said:

I totally agree. In fact, the first time i heard "The Fame" I remember thinking how much Gaga reminded me of Gwen. Even sounds a bit like her in some of the songs on The Fame (also in the unreleased tracks like Dirty Ice Cream, Retro Sexual, etc.)

I agree especially Dirty Ice Cream yes

Archived