💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Oscars 2017

August Blue

Featured Posts

22 hours ago, RF said:

I WANT GAGA, NO ONE ELSE. MAKE HER HOST, MAKE HER WIN, MAKE HER SING.

"And the Oscars( yes all of them) go to.....ladey gags congratulations buy 1000000 reasons on Itunes"

messtumblr_mt6o2pP8Ck1sx6ouoo1_500.gif

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Princess Zelda
15 hours ago, Chelsea Symona said:

I read similar complaints about ‘Carol’ being slow and anticlimactic. It wasn’t the textbook lesbian romance so the film must be overrated, right? ‘Moonlight’ doesn’t have a formulaic beginning, middle, & end like ‘Brokeback Mountain’ so it’s not worthy! That’s what you’re implying. You must learn that our relationships do not exist as a checklist for one’s headcannon. You can’t mold memories, experiences, thoughts, & feelings. The appeal of ‘Moonlight’ lies in the storytelling of a few arcs at once: black masculinity, gayness, substance abuse, poverty. The undeniable artistry of Tarell & Barry’s work is the ability to tie all of these themes together cohesively; not to mention beautifully and fascinatingly. If you don’t understand the appeal of this piece of cinema then you probably never will. Such is life. But, honestly, I genuinely pity you because it’s a film that shakes you to your core. I will never be the same after watching it. I’m one of many. It’s not us: it’s you.

This was beautiful. I already really wanted to watch it but now I definitely must asap.

PopBitch
11 hours ago, Princess Zelda said:

This was beautiful. I already really wanted to watch it but now I definitely must asap.

I watched it.  I thought it was slow, almost too slow or quiet (the lead role was an introvert)  but interesting as I settled into it, but it kept grabbing me the longer it went on.  After it ended,  I kept thinking about the movie for hours, about the three Chirons, about Kevin in his teens and then when Chiron saw him again.  I was at first stunned by the third Chiron, the adult Chiron, but it was all in the eyes, the sensitive boy still there even in this adult body.   I kept thinking about where his life went after the movie ended.  I made a friend watch it so we could discuss the character, Chiron, so we could discuss scenes in the movie.

I went on the internet and read interviews with the director, the actors, the cinematography.  One made me tear up with the actor's passion for the character.

The acting was amazing.  I didn't think it was best picture of the year as I was watching it, but I kept thinking about it afterwards and will probably watch it again.  I love movies that do that to me, stay with me days after I've watched it and thinking about the characters.  So maybe that in itself qualifies it as Best Picture of the Year.

The director is a fan of European arthouse movies, and so you saw that flavor in it.

PopBitch
On 2/27/2017 at 2:42 PM, Chelsea Symona said:

I read similar complaints about ‘Carol’ being slow and anticlimactic. It wasn’t the textbook lesbian romance so the film must be overrated, right? ‘Moonlight’ doesn’t have a formulaic beginning, middle, & end like ‘Brokeback Mountain’ so it’s not worthy! That’s what you’re implying. You must learn that our relationships do not exist as a checklist for one’s headcannon. You can’t mold memories, experiences, thoughts, & feelings. The appeal of ‘Moonlight’ lies in the storytelling of a few arcs at once: black masculinity, gayness, substance abuse, poverty. The undeniable artistry of Tarell & Barry’s work is the ability to tie all of these themes together cohesively; not to mention beautifully and fascinatingly. If you don’t understand the appeal of this piece of cinema then you probably never will. Such is life. But, honestly, I genuinely pity you because it’s a film that shakes you to your core. I will never be the same after watching it. I’m one of many. It’s not us: it’s you.

My problem with Carol was Cate Blanchett, who I adore as an actress, overacted in this part.  I felt I was watching her act in a theatrical fashion, not become Carol, inhabit the character.   Rooney Mara was a revelation.  She was amazing in her role.

crisTEAne

i'm still pressed that (s)la(y) (s)la(y) land didn't win. :neyde: it's a masterful meta-musical for hopeful dreamers. at least emma and justin won their respective, well-deserved awards. :wub:

Spoiler

yeah, i've seen moonlight and although i appreciated its poetry, at times it felt try-hard. la la land is arguably the better picture. 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived