Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Gaga Vocal Analysis

Noah

Featured Posts

Katie14
17 minutes ago, Bebe said:

You are not going to hear Gaga going to her head voice though... 

"At the heart of Mr. Lawrence’s approach is a centuries-old Italian technique called bel canto that he and his father modernized for pop singers. With the technique, Mr. Lawrence expands a singer’s vocal range, adding to the performer’s arsenal. For instance, instead of automatically switching from a chest-based voice to a head-based voice for higher notes, Gaga “has learned to take the ‘chest voice’ up—to high F or G above high C,” Mr. Lawrence says. That makes those higher notes more resonant."

This is about technique and training is it not? She doesn't go into her head voice because her technique teaches her instead to take her chest voice up.

Why is it better to do this though? I think people's head voices sound so light and beautiful. So, during Applause acoustic when Gaga sings the woooo part towards the end, is that not done in head voice? :huh:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

Why is it better to do this though? I think people's head voices sound so light and beautiful. So, during Applause acoustic when Gaga sings the woooo part towards the end, is that not done in head voice? :huh:

I don't know much about vocal training tbh :shrug: I'm just going off interviews with her vocal coach.

According to him, the chest voice makes her higher notes more resonant, I suppose they are not really looking to create an airy, light sound they want those notes to sound powerful. 

I'm not sure it comes down to what is 'better' and more comes down to preference. I do know that this method of vocal training allows for a lot of versatility of tone. It provides a strong vocal technique for any kind of singing - something that's useful for an artist that will jump from singing Electro-Pop music to singing Jazz with Tony Bennett or Heavy Metal with Metallica.

Apparently it's also impossible to develop nodes if you are using this technique, because it doesn't strain the voice in any way.

ThomastheMonster

I agree that we have yet to hear all that she is capable of.. like her voice used to be so much higher, I wonder if she can still get it up there, those F5's, G5's in full voice.. I'd love to hear. I'd also love to hear her sing Paparazzi's chorus the way it is in the song, in falsetto, to see how she sounds today...

1 minute ago, ThomastheMonster said:

I agree that we have yet to hear all that she is capable of.. like her voice used to be so much higher, I wonder if she can still get it up there, those F5's, G5's in full voice.. I'd love to hear. I'd also love to hear her sing Paparazzi's chorus the way it is in the song, in falsetto, to see how she sounds today...

Funny you say that, because even then she'd pitch down songs (Paparazzi being the main example) and wouldn't do the falsetto parts. She did that in Lovegame too. 

cold heartedpop
6 minutes ago, ThomastheMonster said:

Same that would be so cool I've been waiting for that for forever 

xoxo Feels so good!

DWUW has a high F-sharp that is belted.  ("And don't *stop* the party"). At the artRave she pretty consistently hit it.

When she was warming up for the AMA performance she was hitting these high belts over and over:

In the Applause bridge she sings a high G head voice and she almost always did this live. 

And this woman has obviously never seen her Sound of Music performance :toofunny:

2 hours ago, hoodrat said:

DWUW has a high F-sharp that is belted.  ("And don't *stop* the party"). At the artRave she pretty consistently hit it.

When she was warming up for the AMA performance she was hitting these high belts over and over:

In the Applause bridge she sings a high G head voice and she almost always did this live. 

And this woman has obviously never seen her Sound of Music performance :toofunny:

She mentions the Performance in the Video.

She didn't say that Gaga doesn't hit those, she says that Gaga is the most comfortable with a C5, but her G5 in Headvoice isn't really exploring the headvoice like she said. The Headvoice goes until a E6 (sometimes even higher). So a G5 isn't really much. The woman said that Gaga hasn't fully shown her potential with her headvoice. (a G5 is not high). 

She doesn't doubt the talent of Gaga and often mentioned she's a versatile Artist. This is just her professional point of view as a vocal coach. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

gagzus
8 hours ago, ThomastheMonster said:

You'll never find her singing it like that because she never sung it like that on The Fame anyway, her debut album is notoriously known for how much her octaves were edited in post-prod and mixing to make her album and vocals more feminine and pop sounding. They still sometimes did it for example on ARTPOP they did the same again and edited her octaves at points.

Runway
8 hours ago, ThomastheMonster said:

The paparazzi chorus is not even her real voice. Heavily edited

Princess Zelda

"When I say bottoms I mean bottom register" :ladyhaha:

I like that she's not being overly critical but she also doesn't blindly jump to conclusions (as to whether she considers her to be above average or not). But she clearly needs to do some more research, because Gaga is definitely an above average singer :queenga:

ThomastheMonster
3 hours ago, Runway said:

Really? That's weird :O I just thought she recorded it during the times or a couple years after Red and Blue, considering her voice was that high back then.... 

ThomastheMonster
6 hours ago, hoodrat said:

That F5# sounds so nice 😍

Princess Zelda
5 hours ago, Runway said:

Are you sure about that? :huh: 

WildAmerican
21 hours ago, Mister Gaga said:

it's pop / country tho

then that bitch better get nominated for Country Song and Performance at the Grammys if we gon call it a country song....

Archived