Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry: "I’ll never be Beyoncé, I’m just less than Beyoncé!"

yxi

Featured Posts

Poope MOnster
15 hours ago, Frankenztein said:

Beyonce is a great performer, but the butt licking the media and other celebrities do is pretty embarrassing to witness.

This is why I think Bey's veneer of perfection and goddess attitude is actually harmful, because instead of inspiring others it makes them degrade themselves in comparison to an unobtainable illusion. I'm sorry Katy feels that way (even if she may be joking a little).

accurate

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Frankenztein said:

Beyonce is a great performer, but the butt licking the media and other celebrities do is pretty embarrassing to witness.

This is why I think Bey's veneer of perfection and goddess attitude is actually harmful, because instead of inspiring others it makes them degrade themselves in comparison to an unobtainable illusion. I'm sorry Katy feels that way (even if she may be joking a little).

Right!? I don't understand. Even Adele - I was shocked, even though that praise was genuine. 

We get she's good. But so are other people.

So many Lickitung are defeated  by Beedrill lately.. 

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

NewYorkCity

Beyoncé is so much better than everyone else

Gurl, talk about you because you must be right (even with beyonce being overrated). But no, she is no better than everyone else. 

NewYorkCity
10 hours ago, Slayonce said:

Bey is actually the best performer out there. You may not like her music but she's THE BEST PERFORMER and everyone who denies that is blind or pressed. 

I'm not even talking about the Lemonade performances, that I don't even like that much.

"If I were a boy/you oughta know" at the grammys... 

No one, today, is able to do that and, even if some of you deny it, ya'll know it ;) 

lmao. Gaga has lots of performances doing even better than that.

And beyonce might be a good performer technically, but she always does the same.

skaxboy

I agree Beyonce is a great performer and all but there is room for all types of pop artists. It's good that Katy is doing her thing and has made a place for herself but she shouldn't sell herself short. Regardless of how I feel about both of them, there is a huge audience for both to coexist. 

Lately it just seems that Beyonce fans have a superiority complex. The media is  continuously praising her and it's as if artists (i.e. Adele at Grammys) feel as if they have to "praise the queen" in order to not receive backlash. 

donutellha

the irony of using beyonce

drag two  birds with one stone.

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

2 hours ago, sipthistea said:

There are tons of amazing performers with different styles. Beyoncé is an incredible performer, but she's not the only one. This is why she's considered OVERRATED. 

I completely disagree. She has the best vocal technique out there and anyone who takes singing lessons or is into music technique knows this is the truth. I'm not saying her vocal range is that amazing, 'cause it's not that impressive; Xtina, for example, has a wider one but her technique is... well, I can't even choose an adjective. She does not have any technique at all.

When I state Beyoncé delivers the best vocals I'm talking about resonance, vibrato, flexibility etc etc etc. You may not like her vocal tone but technically she's THE BEST ONE and it's not even an opinion, it's a fact. Plus, she got some moves. She got the fire 🔥 when she's on stage but I'm not gonna say she's a good dancer cause she's not, she always makes the same moves and they're just ok. 

Fact: she can dance better than Gaga.         Fact: Madonna or Britney (the old britney obvs) can dance better than B and Gaga combined together.

BUT, if you combine the majestic vocals and the "okay moves" together, there u have the best performer out there. Plus she got very articulated performances and a huge stage presence: even if she stands still without making a move she looks monumental. Obvsly music taste is something completely different. I don't even like her albums that much, I don't even listen to all her stuff, I'm instead obsessed with her live performances. And I think she performs at her best when she covers other artists.

Have u ever seen her Stevie Wonder tribute? Watch it and you'll completely get my point. She's the only human being alive (among the famous ones obviously, cause there are several super talented yet poor and unknown people in the world) who could deliver that performance. 

StrawberryBlond

I have had it up to here with the ass kissing of Beyonce. It's one thing when regular people do it, downright sickening when celebrities do it. It's like, have some dignity. Have some pride in your work. Even if you're not confident, there's no point being honest about it in this business. If you show yourself up to be weak, it can mean the public stop having faith in you. I want to see artists who don't feel the need to suck up to big names to feel validated.

First it was Sam Smith saying that if he won a Grammy, he'd be so overwhelmed that he'd rather give it to Beyonce (looks like he didn't take the same line when it came to winning the Oscar over Gaga). Then Adele straight up embarrassed herself by saying she wishes Beyonce were her mummy at the Grammys (what an insult to her actual mother and what grown woman who's a mother herself says stuff like this?) and now Katy's acting like Beyonce is the one and only decent performer. It makes me what to throw up, honestly. They're only feeding the woman's already massive ego and making her fans more insufferable. For God's sake, enough is enough. It's not as if Beyonce is an exile of society who's being underrated and desperately needs some name dropping to be noticed.

And no, honestly, I wouldn't like it if the same thing were happening to Gaga. I'd like she was being praised, of course, but past a certain point, it just gets too much. She's a great performer, yes, but to act like she's the only great performer would be factually false. She's a great singer/songwriter, yes, but to act like she's the only great singer/songwriter would be factually false too. I just can't stand ass kissing. If I were Beyonce, I would be telling everyone to start pulling back a bit. I mean, I really respect Gaga for saying "I don't want to be your queen, I want to be your friend." That's my kind of artist right there. Beyonce should take some notes. But I think she likes this untouchable goddess image too much to suggest people start ditching it. This is the image she's conducted for herself, after all. What do you expect from a woman who has songs with titles like Diva, Ego and Flawless? And routinely makes songs about how she is always in the right? And has a single cover art consisting of herself writing 'King Bey' on a mirror?

well I'd rather watch Katy perform live thats for sure, better songs, better stages, better movement I don't think beyonce dances nicely my opinion of course. Katy stop putting yourself down and being so cynical lately!

Blah blah blah Beyoncé praise:toofunny:

Think this will spill over into Love for Katy Perry now??!!  LOL

They should just create an awards ceremony where only the current relevants must stand up and praise Beyoncé the entire time, so it will stop at actual awards shows. We get it but don't need to hear it any longer.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived