Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Dope: Gaga talks about 3 spirits...?

TCHIKITAH

Featured Posts

TCHIKITAH
2 minutes ago, Sizzily said:

I put/s as in "sarcasm". I was imitating your posts.  

Oh so you're the expert ok ... 👌 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TCHIKITAH
36 minutes ago, Princess Zelda said:

Oh I mean, the song is mainly about weed but there's also obvious references to alcohol ("corks off, it's on"/"I promise this drink is my last one"). And you don't have to be an alcoholic to have had problems with alcohol. Obviously her marijuana problem is the protagonist of the song but she also mentions alcohol and that's undeniable. 

True that 😑

Supersonic

That's what I like about Gaga's lyrics, she's able to give such a tiny lyric a plethora of meanings. :nick:

I mean... No one can actually say what Gaga meant when she wrote it but it's really cool seeing all the dots from everywhere connect to each other.

TCHIKITAH
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

That's what I like about Gaga's lyrics, she's able to give such a tiny lyric a plethora of meanings.

I mean... No one can actually say what Gaga meant when she wrote it but it's really cool seeing all the dots from everywhere connect to each other.

I guess that's what she always meant by my ARTPOP could mean anything too

I remember someone asking her the meaning behind certain song that I can't recall and she just answered "it means whatever you want it to mean" 

love it!

Blueskye

Still don't understand the op. So what does 3 spirits and 12 lonely steps mean? All I got was something about rolling papers, op was confusing to read. 

TCHIKITAH
7 minutes ago, Greanskye said:

Still don't understand the op. So what does 3 spirits and 12 lonely steps mean? All I got was something about rolling papers, op was confusing to read. 

It could mean anything at this point:

some claim l brand American Spirits which are rolling papers for marijuana or tabacco in a legal case. 12 steps is a recovery for addiction 

some claim 3 spirits is alcohol and same 12 steps for recovery 

like gaga says "it could mean anything"

TCHIKITAH
1 minute ago, Shadow said:

Spirits can also refer to hard liquor.

Ummm yes we already discussed that 

"it could mean anything" 

thats why is part of ARTPOP 

HEARTSTOP

The song talks about various types of addiction. It's called Dope because it so happens that's the word that appears on the chorus. It doesn't mean it's exclusively about dope.

I always thought spirits was referring to highly alcoholic drinks. Just read any liquor store sign, it always says something about spirits. And considering how much she mentions whisky in her songs, this makes complete sense.

The twelve steps are referring the 12-step programs used by rehab centers, originally created by the AA, but now widely used by all addiction recovery programs.

IDGAF

Michelle

Mmm Kay then since you seem to know it all I'll just shut up. Lol but it's totally referring to booze 

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

TCHIKITAH
12 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Mmm Kay then since you seem to know it all I'll just shut up. Lol but it's totally referring to booze 

Oh is totally referring to booze because you know it all ok :ladyhaha::ladyhaha:

dont @ me again if you're just here to be rude and arrogant.

Michelle

Lmao I didn't @ you chill out. It's literally about addictions!! I'm out 🤘🏼

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

34 minutes ago, TCHIKITAH said:

Oh is totally referring to booze because you know it all ok :ladyhaha::ladyhaha:

dont @ me again if you're just here to be rude and arrogant.

Sounds like you're the one being rude and arrogant. :classy:

Silence those demons... . 🖤

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived