💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is it going to be her highest grossing tour yet?

Naor Daniel

Featured Posts

Naor Daniel

Hey guys,

im quite new to this site and I didn't follow her the way I do now back in 2014.

how are the sales going? Is she selling better than born this way ball? Is it her average power? 

Just wondering... I feel like it's a very successful one 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

It's selling out very quickly but the Joanne World Tour doesn't have as many dates as the Born This Way Ball or Monster Ball Tour, so its box office will still be limited.

ShockPop

Too few dates.

With an average attendance of 25k per show (average, obvs) at an average cost of $80 per ticket... At 55 shows (not rio) it'll gross around $110M.

However, I suspect there will be more south American dates added in stadiums and there's scope to add to the UK dates, too.

So at the moment it's going to do $110m

If more are added it'll gross $180M

So there's definite scope to become her highest grossing tour if more dates are added.

mister max
1 minute ago, ShockPop said:

Too few dates.

With an average attendance of 25k per show (average, obvs) at an average cost of $80 per ticket... At 55 shows (not rio) it'll gross around $110M.

However, I suspect there will be more south American dates added in stadiums and there's scope to add to the UK dates, too.

So there's definite scope to become her highest grossing tour if more dates are added.

hopefully some asia or oceania dates too :giveup: 

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

ShockPop
5 minutes ago, mister max said:

hopefully some asia or oceania dates too :giveup: 

I think she'll go to Japan & Taiwan at least.

Those dates should be announced after the tour begins.

If there are 20 more dates added in large venues or high demand areas where the price can be jacked up then she will smash her tour record.

drinkmytears
20 hours ago, ShockPop said:

Too few dates.

25k?? Most arenas will be more like 12-18k once you get the stage and mix in. I doubt she's playing any venue with a 25k capacity

Edit- except the few stadium shows

the Rio show is a festival and will not count towards her gross 

ShockPop
51 minutes ago, drinkmytears said:

25k?? Most arenas will be more like 12-18k once you get the stage and mix in. I doubt she's playing any venue with a 25k capacity

Edit- except the few stadium shows

the Rio show is a festival and will not count towards her gross 

The UK dates hold over 20k alone. "Average" is the key word Hun.  Capacity for concerts is what was taken into consideration. Not capacity for sport.

Also, I clearly took Rio out.

Lord.

troybrooks

Why does everyone think that because dates are sold out that means the attendance will be very high? Everything is sold out because of scalpers.

PrinceGaga
32 minutes ago, troybrooks said:

Why does everyone think that because dates are sold out that means the attendance will be very high? Everything is sold out because of scalpers.

The tickets are sold whether they are bought by scalpers or by the gp/fans. The good sis will still get her coin.

OT: I think either soon or once the tour starts she will announce more dates. I think she would be silly not to given the demand and to not take advantage of the post Super Bowl hype to have a really successful tour. I think she could smash her tour record if her team play the cards right. The demand is there it just depends on whether she's prepared to tour for the next year and a bit basically. 

drinkmytears
2 hours ago, ShockPop said:

The UK dates hold over 20k alone. "Average" is the key word Hun.  Capacity for concerts is what was taken into consideration. Not capacity for sport.

Also, I clearly took Rio out.

Lord.

Bad attitude for no reason. She will not play to 20k+ people at the o2 arena. Look at how many she's played to in the past. Capacity doesn't take the stage into consideration and she won't play in the round?

Haroon

I see it doing well but I don't think there are anywhere near enough dates to be her highest grossing tour. Like TMB grossed super high because she was on the road for ages and did like a billion shows, and BTWB did super high because she was doing a fair chunk of stadiums and still had loads of dates. Then going by how artRave did with the number of dates it had and also being arenas like JWT is I'd say it'll gross less than artRave at the moment :huh:

1 hour ago, drinkmytears said:

She will not play to 20k+ people at the o2 arena.

She will altogether because there are 2 dates :derpga: 

ShockPop

So I've done a calculation using lower end capacities. She will play to about 1.11m people and that means her average ticket price ($95??) Gets the tour $105m.

She needs Asia and Latin America to do amazingly well if she announces them.

kabirartfling

Its THE JOANNE WORLD TOUR......so iits pretty obvious that more dates are coming! I hope for a asian leg and maybe africa again this time? :excited2:

Give your love to me

JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, troybrooks said:

This is a Gaga show not a Madonna half empty Rebel Heart stadium.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived