Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga and Haus Should not Design the Stage

AlphaMonster

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, AlphaMonster said:

You are a fan. Put yourself in shoes of a GP who bought a ticket to BTW Ball stadium show, from 90 mts away, they cannot even properly see which dance movement Gaga does, and background is just a castle with lights on it, it does not change or anything. It is boring. It gives atmosphere, it is an artistic statement but it is not entertaining to non fans.

Not true. My previous boss (the perfect example of GP) said that TBTWB was the best show he had ever seen. 

+ there were 2 huge screens for close-ups and also the monster pit and the catwalk around it made it very easy to see everything. 

BUT

imo, the artRAVE had the best stage design ever. Yes, the visuals were not that breathtaking as TMB's but the stage made everyone single person in the arena feel so close to Gags.

Also, the MDNA seemed like the most boring tour of Madonna's EVER for me (I'm a HUGE stan of hers). The staging and lighting was so over-the-top that it took away the life from the show itself.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KleinGa
16 minutes ago, TCHIKITAH said:

True :golfclap: I don't fully trust the Haus sometime. 

the Haus needs a revamp tbh 

AlphaMonster
5 minutes ago, nakedidea said:

I'm not sure which Britney stages you're looking at, but Gaga's last two tour stages have been I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!

"Born this way" Castle was HUGE and INTERACTIVE. It truly was a KINGDOM for all us little monsters. Not only that, but the catwalk went around the GA, reaching out to more fans.

The "ARTRAVE" elevated catwalk was the most amazing thing I have ever seen, ever. Anywhere on the floor was an opportunity to reach out to Gaga and create that "EXPERIENCE". The stage props didn't really matter because that catwalk was EVERYTHING. And the lights/lasers were also VERY AWESOME.

Don't make me repeat again please read the posts I'll answer shortly. 

BTW Ball Castle was atmospheric, it was beautiful and artistic but from far away it was just a static structure with lights on it. This is not interesting for any non fans, literally it is same structure for 2 hours, especially in stadium shows it is extremely boring. 

ArtRave's backdrop videos were like bubbles, random colours, fogs, less elaborate Gaga show ever. She literally put up bubbles as backdrop videos, what staging you are talking about. And also lights were not engineered well, in most cases they seemed random rather than precisely pointing one way. An example is when Beyonce starts her super bowl show, all lights go downwards together in a majestic way at first stop, something like this is elaborate pyrotechnics. I am not even talking about tacky fabric white structure on ArtRave Stage. 

KennyRichie
5 minutes ago, AlphaMonster said:

You are a fan. Put yourself in shoes of a GP who bought a ticket to BTW Ball stadium show, from 90 mts away, they cannot even properly see which dance movement Gaga does, and background is just a castle with lights on it, it does not change or anything. It is boring. It gives atmosphere, it is an artistic statement but it is not entertaining to non fans.

Well, if it works for the best, i would'nt mind a change 

1 minute ago, AlphaMonster said:

Don't make me repeat again please read the posts I'll answer shortly. 

BTW Ball Castle was atmospheric, it was beautiful and artistic but from far away it was just a static structure with lights on it. This is not interesting for any non fans, literally it is same structure for 2 hours, especially in stadium shows it is extremely boring. 

ArtRave's backdrop videos were like bubbles, random colours, fogs, less elaborate Gaga show ever. She literally put up bubbles as backdrop videos, what staging you are talking about. And also lights were not engineered well, in most cases they seemed random rather than precisely pointing one way. An example is when Beyonce starts her super bowl show, all lights go downwards together in a majestic way at first stop, something like this is elaborate pyrotechnics. 

oh come on.... is that why you go to a concert? to see the lights go downwards together in a majestic way...?

also backdrop videos don't count as staging.

AlphaMonster
5 minutes ago, Halle said:

Not true. My previous boss (the perfect example of GP) said that TBTWB was the best show he had ever seen. 

+ there were 2 huge screens for close-ups and also the monster pit and the catwalk around it made it very easy to see everything. 

BUT

imo, the artRAVE had the best stage design ever. Yes, the visuals were not that breathtaking as TMB's but the stage made everyone single person in the arena feel so close to Gags.

Also, the MDNA seemed like the most boring tour of Madonna's EVER for me (I'm a HUGE stan of hers). The staging and lighting was so over-the-top that it took away the life from the show itself.

I will not argue, my opinions are my opinions and I can easily say that those popstars who serve visuals rise to superstardom. There is chance for Gaga to peak a second time to reach the legend status, a BTW Ball, ArtRave style chaotic pyrotechnics not so "over the top" visuals would only block it. 

Plus ArtRave stage was to me. I left lots of dark spots for people on the floor, and that fabric structure was a total mess, it looked cheap. 

AlphaMonster
3 minutes ago, Halle said:

oh come on.... is that why you go to a concert? to see the lights go downwards together in a majestic way...?

also backdrop videos don't count as staging.

Oh yeah I go to concert to only listen to the music, let's push live nation to organize all its concerts in school yards in daytime, how about that

Backdrop videos are very well part of good staging. Even if it is not, it compliments staging. 

Magneto
8 minutes ago, nakedidea said:

I'm not sure which Britney stages you're looking at, but Gaga's last two tour stages have been I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!

"Born this way" Castle was HUGE and INTERACTIVE. It truly was a KINGDOM for all us little monsters. Not only that, but the catwalk went around the GA, reaching out to more fans.

The "ARTRAVE" elevated catwalk was the most amazing thing I have ever seen, ever. Anywhere on the floor was an opportunity to reach out to Gaga and create that "EXPERIENCE". The stage props didn't really matter because that catwalk was EVERYTHING. And the lights/lasers were also VERY AWESOME.

Omg, I'd actually be fine with the concertvenue permanently installing the catwalks so that every concert could be like that:excited2:

Free my mind

nakedidea

Gaga mostly thinks about her actual fans, than the "non-fans".

ArtRave stage was better than BTW stage. I feel she now has this idea that her tour stages must always be GREATER than the last.

Or who knows, maybe Joanne Tour will be more organic, Just 2 screens and that's it. And honestly, I would not mind that at all. Gaga has STAGE PRESENCE. She doesn't need all those elaborate structures.

Shakira is another touring monster and she never has major stage props. And she has some of the most amazing concert experiences EVER.

Madonna, Beyoncé, Britney...all these pop girls need those elaborate "SHOWS" because they lack certain characteristics that truly goes BEYOND a TRUE PERFORMER.

To me she always spends all the money in one single idea and there's no more left for the rest lol. BTWB castle was really cool but the fact that there were no video interludes and backgrounds made it seem kinda stale. The Artrave catwalks also very cool but that inflatable thing was just a mess. I mean, that whole tour was just a mess...

TheKillerQueen

I'm sorry but I don't think Joanne will get a big elaborate stage because the album is very toned down... 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

AlphaMonster
2 minutes ago, nakedidea said:

Gaga mostly thinks about her actual fans, than the "non-fans".

ArtRave stage was better than BTW stage. I feel she now has this idea that her tour stages must always be GREATER than the last.

Or who knows, maybe Joanne Tour will be more organic, Just 2 screens and that's it. And honestly, I would not mind that at all. Gaga has STAGE PRESENCE. She doesn't need all those elaborate structures.

Shakira is another touring monster and she never has major stage props. And she has some of the most amazing concert experiences EVER.

Madonna, Beyoncé, Britney...all these pop girls need those elaborate "SHOWS" because they lack certain characteristics that truly goes BEYOND a TRUE PERFORMER.

Shakira has never been a touring monster. Her last tour in 2011 was a flop by Gaga's standards though. 

I do not agree any of those statements. I mean look at MJ's This Is It, his first concerts relatively in contemporary period is also going to be a visual extravaganza, does MJ lack those characteristics too

Those are weak statements. I love Gaga and I love her to be successful, I am only scared because she seems lazy to me when it comes to be elaborate on certain things  

AlphaMonster
7 minutes ago, princetomc said:

I want her to create a stage like this for Joanne. Kanye has some great visuals tbh

025YEZ-01-BY-UNKNOWN.jpg

That seems amazing. 

Archived