💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Experts: Beyonce is the greatest living artist

KleinGa

Featured Posts

Pharamon
2 minutes ago, Dr Evil said:

She is to me. Idc if others will agree with me. :)

Im glad you aren't like... bitter and mad like the others :D frozen is a masterpiece

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KingRedd
9 hours ago, Rescued said:

This was my literal response on this subject:

I didn't, not even ONCE, bring up the word Gaga. You don't have facts, you don't even have a solid argument. You are demonstrably making up and twisting words so your saltiness about people not loving Beyonce as much as you do can be validated.

If you're ok with people's opinions then you may want to allow other people to actually have other opinions. People in this thread have been giving their personal opinion about the idea of Beyonce being the greatest artist alive, and you have no say in what people think about that.
People can say that she's the greatest artist alive, they have the right to do so. Just as I have the right to consider that to be disrespectful, because it undermines the life work of very serious artists who have dedicated their entire lives to push the boundaries of art. Is that something I'm allowed to do? Absolutely yes. You have no say in that. You came here quoting me and telling me that I was factually wrong, and I quote you again so I can show you how to properly refute claims:

I am not wrong. This is my opinion and I would never claim what I said as factual truth. I consider Beyonce to be overrated. I consider Beyonce to be a not-very-great artist, and so do many people in this forum. Maybe that's why this place is gagadaily and not beyoncedaily. 
Lastly, you might want to consider applying your claims onto yourself. Because I'm not the one policing what we're allowed to say about Beyonce:

"You're telling people who they can and can not like. You're validating what/who can or can not receive praise. That, my friend, is what I call tyrannical. " -KingRedd
How about you let me have my opinions about her, without you attempting (and failing every time) to 'scalp' me.

Oh lord.... smh. You were scalped awhile ago. 

I said people have their own opinions and my argument remains valid. Like you said, everyone has their own opinion; however, most of these opinions are supported by lies. Simply saying, "she's not an artist because she has zero say in what she does," cannot be proven. I enjoy this site when people can have a difference of opinion supported by actual evidence. This thread lacks just that- as well as your argument. 

This is Gagadaily - correct. Do you even know who Gaga is? Do you think she would be ok with the bashing of an artist. And please don't try to say you and the others here are not blatantly bashing her. 70% of the post on this site are negative. I came here because I thought Gaga fans would be as open as possible, non-judgmental, and all around happy people. Awkward. 

I'm glad that you quoted that statement; however, you missed the meaning behind it, obviously. You and others cannot understand why people would consider Beyonce the best aka having their own opinion of who they deem the greatest. I'll pose this question again. Why does it bother you that people consider Beyonce the greatest? You've not answered that question. You won't answer that question. And you've failed at trying to prove your point. This conversation ended after my last post, but I'll continue on for good laughs and enjoyment lmao I'm not even salty I'm enjoying this. 

Quote my other statements too. Ponder them and maybe, just maybe, they will begin to make sense. 

Have a good day, or night, I feel as if you're from England. 

May I Read You? 😎

StrawberryBlond

What is this pretentious pile of garbage? For scholars, they sure focus a lot on the superficial. They just seem to spend their spiel comparing Beyonce's imagery to goddesses and saying how beautiful she is, basically. This is not an art history lesson or a beauty history lesson. This is about how good an artist Beyonce apparently is. And I see nothing in these scholar's words that proves that. Most singer/songwriters have help every step of the way when it comes to their imagery. It's hardly like Beyonce was responsible for the technics in the computerised images that danced behind her. Her art directions are guaranteed not to be her ideas and work because it rarely is the ideas and work of any singer. Even artists who seem to do it all need help in areas where they are not qualified in. A singer/songwriter should be rightfully all about the music and naturally, they will want to concentrate on that aspect, so everything else comes second. The stuff that comes second is best left to the professionals in the know. There's no shame in that. Most artists do it. So, to act like Beyonce is responsible for the imagery she displayed in that performance is laughable.

Now, let's address the elephant in the room. Erm...where was the analysis of the music Beyonce performed? You know, music, that stuff she does for a living! She's a singer, why are these scholars judging her artistic ability based on her imagery and aesthetics when she was singing on that stage? Why are they focusing on the superficial visual aspect and leave out everything about the actual music she was singing? Jesus Christ, where did these art scholars get their degrees? The corner shop?!

Look, we know Beyonce has a team behind her. Every artist has a team to some degree. But some have bigger teams than others and Beyonce has one of the biggest teams in the business. You only need to take a quick glance at her songwriting credits to see that she has a huge backing on almost every track. The only way you can judge if someone is a true songwriter or not is to lock them in a room with a pencil, paper and instruments and see what they come up with. Seeing as Beyonce has yet to produce a song where she is the only writer, or even close to it, I think it's safe to say that she is not the greatest artist alive. If you want any further proof about Beyonce's lack of involvement, just check out her Grammy acceptance speech from a cue card:

A speech lasting just over a minute required a card to read from. And her fans still like to think that she has huge involvement in her work? It was like a kid reading out a forced apology. She read that the way that I read my required speeches in English class - wobbly with nerves, speaking too fast, rarely looking at the audience, having zero emotion. This speech screams "pre-written by a team." I could have memorised that speech no bother, albeit not the exact words, but the gist would be there. The only time that I have ever seen someone read an acceptance speech from a cue card was when an elderly person or someone with some sort of disability had to speak. But this is a grown, able-bodied woman in her 30's who struggles to find the words so much that she requires a cue card for a one-minute speech of thanks. For an album that she was supposedly so invested in, she couldn't even put forward an impassioned one-minute speech from memory that she composed by herself. That speaks volumes to me.

On 16.2.2017 at 7:53 AM, Stvrboy said:

Tbh, Bey happened to be an excellent singer and dancer to and AMAZING UNIQUE ARTIST. She's not just a pop star, she's above them all. Tho my fav is Gaga, I can't deny in the past few years Beyoncé became such an icon and a musical legend, she can do everything just like Gaga (yes, at least Bey plays the piano too) She's behind EVERYTHING she does, from writing to videos production, she sings flawlessly, her dance moves are flawless to, and her concepts are just above everyone in the industry, even Gaga.

Now that's a lie. Just check her writing credits. She is a great performer and definetely involved in the creative process of her art, but she's not as much in charge as it seems. Just think about that one article where her songwriter revealed that the lyrics of Love Drought have nothing to do with Beyoncé and Jay Z - and Bey didn't even know that. I think that's crazy :sharon:

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I love Beyoncé. But the praise is just so extra.

Archived