Experts: Beyonce is the greatest living artist

KleinGa

Featured Posts

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KleinGa
2 minutes ago, Stvrboy said:

Tbh, Bey happened to be an excellent singer and dancer to and AMAZING UNIQUE ARTIST. She's not just a pop star, she's above them all. Tho my fav is Gaga, I can't deny in the past few years Beyoncé became such an icon and a musical legend, she can do everything just like Gaga (yes, at least Bey plays the piano too) She's behind EVERYTHING she does, from writing to videos production, she sings flawlessly, her dance moves are flawless to, and her concepts are just above everyone in the industry, even Gaga.

You're about to get dragged for saying this but I AGREE. 

Mister Gaga

But what's her art? Why is she categorized as an artist? She might be one of the greatest living performers of our time. But she had no input on her work before Lemonade, and on this one, she only wrote a couple of words here and there, but nothing more. 

It's all a consequence of her, without doubts, great team. 

Besides, Madonna is still alive. 

GagaLogic

Aren't there tons of different types of artists? Music artist, paint artist, graphic design artist, trapeze artist, graffiti artist? I really don't understand how she could be labeled as the 'greatest living artist' as if that could be a general category. There are too many types of artists. And I really can't at people acting like she's the first woman to get knocked up and still function in life. It's not like she's pregnant while working as a waitress for crap wages and taking night classes to try to better her life. 

I can agree on Bey being one of the greatest PERFORMERS alive, but I feel most of her "art" comes from her team(s) rather than just her.

OVERRATED AF! Not even a musician! She is a PERFORMER! She has 60 songwriters writing for her. She is married to  Jay-z in order to have a continuous career! Now she is using feminism as a trend meanwhile she was photoshopping her thighs on instagram in a perosnal vacation photo, how feminist is that! Also she has diva attitude which means she cant be taken seriously as an ARTIST (real artists are down-to-earth approachable and humble, see Gaga) +she's always been oversexualized, now she's presenting it as 'feminist'! Gurl please!!!  BLM and being proud of her roots + diva-unapproachable attitude, those two they don't fit together sorry! I am not convinced at all for her intentions! Not to mention the fact that she avoids giving interviews coz she doesn't know how to speak (Wendy was right saying Bey speaks like she has sixth grade education). How can someone be an "activist" when she's wealthy af (far away from the typical lifestyle of everyday black ppl) and UNEDUCATED she doesn't know how to speak! She has a whole team behind her! She doesnt know a sh*t! :bye:

Jewels n Drugs
12 minutes ago, Stvrboy said:

Tbh, Bey happened to be an excellent singer and dancer to and AMAZING UNIQUE ARTIST. She's not just a pop star, she's above them all. Tho my fav is Gaga, I can't deny in the past few years Beyoncé became such an icon and a musical legend, she can do everything just like Gaga (yes, at least Bey plays the piano too) She's behind EVERYTHING she does, from writing to videos production, she sings flawlessly, her dance moves are flawless to, and her concepts are just above everyone in the industry, even Gaga.

:applause:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

freebit

Oh, FFS. :toofunny: The media does too much on Beyonce. Yes, she has lovely music, visuals and is an excellent curator with a very high taste level, but she's not a writer, and it's not as if she made these costumes or backdrops herself or anything. You could make an argument for "Greatest Living Pop Star", but overall artist in general is a reach. 

ItsTommyBitch
14 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

But what's her art? Why is she categorized as an artist? She might be one of the greatest living performers of our time. But she had no input on her work before Lemonade, and on this one, she only wrote a couple of words here and there, but nothing more. 

It's all a consequence of her, without doubts, great team. 

Besides, Madonna is still alive. 

The bolded is false.

Also, unrelated to the quote, ya'll need to learn that you don't have to pen your own songs to be a musician, the same way you don't need to be a producer, or a composer :saladga: 

Its just such a tired argument thats based on "I feel this way, so its true!" and its so tired.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Squeeshy Keety

But when Gaga tries her hand at high art and the art of fashion, she comes off as showy and attention seeking?

I'm sorry, but Gaga was never really given a chance to embrace that side of her vision when everyone attacked ARTPOP for its pretentiousness. I'm not saying she is the best artist alive, but she couldn't ever explore her imagination to her fullest extent.

Bey is universally loved, so anything she does will be praised, artistic or not, and that performance was more pretentious than any part of ARTPOP, imo. She's fine, I guess, but she (or her team, I should say) has a lot more leeway with these kinds of things.

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Archived