9- Mary Jane Holland
10- Fashion!
11- MANiCURE
12- Swine
13- Donatella
14- Dope
15- Jewels N' Drugs

Y'all letting dope beat J&D :nails:

I thought it would be like (realistically)

Spoiler

Do What U Want

Applause

G.U.Y

Mary Jane Holland

Aura

Gypsy

ARTPOP

Venus

Sexxx Dreams

Donatella

Fashion!

Swine

MANiCURE

Jewels N Drugs

Dope

:cryga:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fede ARTPOP
10 hours ago, Antonio said:

8SLar1f.gif

Highest Score: @monsterdino @London GUY @HOTNGaga @KinneyUnderYou @iFameMonzter @Sizzily @Trepadation @MaryJaneHolland @redhoodieslime (11)

Lowest Score: @M D N A (1)

-----◆-----

Antonio’s Remark:

A really really great song, has such a catchy hook and verses, BUT, and it’s an impressive but – the lyrics are not anything to gag over: “But it’s alright because I’m rich as piss”, whatever you say Gags. And, the production is SOOO gritty, it can really get annoying sometimes, still a bop though, but I think it deserves it’s place on the ranking chart.

-----◆-----

Top 5 Comments:

“Easily my favorite song from ARTPOP. "John Wayne" is the evolution of "Mary Jane Holland", hence I love the song so much. I love the sultriness of the song. My dream is to listen to the demo version that was leaked earlier a few weeks ago. Revisiting the songs after years since the album was released, "Mary Jane Holland" remains my favorite.”

-           @KinneyUnderYou

“This is my favourite from the album, I could blast this song on max volume everyday and I would never get sick of it. This song always gets my mood up. It's just an eargasm when she says "cause I love love, cause I love love", this song really takes me to Amsterdam imagining myself partying with my friends smoking weed with bottles of cheap gin and Russian hookers all around us. It's just so dirty and I love every bit of it. “

-           @monsterdino

“After a string of average songs this truly is a breath of fresh air. I know it is also a bit dividing in the fandom but I really enjoy this song. I really enjoy almost every aspect of this song. The bridge is orgasmic, I could listen to it day and night, the passion, the voice of gaga the melody, the performance everything, topped off with gaga speaking voice is perfection for me. The one disappointment I have is unfortunately the chorus and hook. The melody is great, I just find the vocal performance and production lackluster. I know that gaga and Madeon can do so much better. Proof is that in so many other areas of the song the production is just perfect along with gaga vocal performance. A bit of a shame and the reason it isn’t perfect for me. Otherwise I just love the lyrics of this song, it can be a bit childish from time to time but I just find it really funny and the lyrics work really great with the rest of the song. In conclusion an overall solid great gaga track to have fun with.”

-           @Robagaga

“Another song with an instrumental that wasn't really Gaga's work. Don't get me wrong it's fine, but when you use the whole “I write my own songs, sing them, and produce them too" it's rather odd. The demo version's introduction is so much better and easier to understand in my opinion. The song is a bit irritating to listen to because of the gritty production.”

-           @Skai Jackson

“There are no words to describe this perfectly dark and mysterious track. "Lady of the 'Dam won't be a slave to blonde or the culture of the popular"- This song is basically about Gaga, not being Gaga. And that's what I love about it. It lets you in on a part of Gaga's past where she felt the need to let go, and become submissive to the easy relievers of her pain.”

-           @HOTNGaga

-----◆-----

Who Did It First?

Reveal hidden contents

The Fame | Summerboy
The Fame Monster | N/A
Born This Way | Born This Way
Joanne | Sinner's Prayer

#9. :giggle:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

fede ARTPOP
10 hours ago, Antonio said:

pTKdl4X.gif

-----◆-----

Highest Score: @Skai Jackson @fede ARTPOP @MonsterPawPR @Blackout19 @BuzzcutSeason @Gagadonna @surejan @blackstar @Modern Ecstacy (11)

Lowest Score: @John Wayne @Tumblr (6)

-----◆-----

Antonio’s Remark:

One of Gaga’s best single choices to date, the best lead single choice for ARTPOP for sure. It’s a brilliant bop and the amazing thing about it is that no one else could pull this song off as well as Gaga, Applause was simply made for her.

-----◆-----

Top 5 Comments:

“Applause is for me Gaga's most epic song. The whole instrumental is a mixture of rock beats stuck inside a sick pop melody, the intro makes me go crazy each time I hear it as if some demons were taking control of my body. In the end, I feel like the beats of the song match my heart beating. The lyrics are incredible: provocative, fierce, arrogant, artsy and funny in the same time. The line "I overheard your theories / Nostalgia's for geeks" is for me the highlight of the song: "I won't change, say what you want, the past is the past." The music video is for me her most artsy and theatrical. The way she embodies all her previous alter-egos in successive scenes to show how she's evolved is pretty clever. First, Stefani laying in bed as in Marry the Night. Then, the unicorn girl rising from the magical hat - reminding us of how she became famous in 2009 out of the blue. Afterwards, The Fame Monster-Ga emprisoned in a bird cage, maybe to show how much she was controlled by the music industry. Finally, the Goddess of Love. The live performances were all EPIC, especially the VMA one as it was Lady Gaga's comeback. Her showing all her previous selves was even more obvious. Eventually, she performed the song better and better. At the artRave, she sometimes changed the melody which just gives me ear seizure. The SUKKIRI acoustic version of the song is another highlight of the whole ARTPOP era. Almost four years later, Applause is a still fresh and makes me wanna dance the same way as in 2013. It's not her biggest hit, but this song is iconic. I hope she sings Applause in the encore of the Joanne tour.”

-           @Gagadonna

“Still the perfect lead single for ARTPOP, regardless of what the little chartsters think. The song just exudes Gaga and was a gem from the start. It has the total package. Catchy lyrics that are eccentric, clever, and fun. A killer electropop production, with thumping synths, that make you want to bop and fill you with adrenaline. And a vocal delivery that exemplifies the Gaga's versatility and masterful ability to control her voice as a tool. As well as a bridge, breakdown, and outro that scalps even Gaga, herself. Deserved way more success and recognition.”

-           @lilmonster93

“The last hit single in a long string of chart-toppers, this song could've been easily dismissed as run-of-the-mill at the time, but just the opposite happened - Applause truly buried its way into our hearts and minds with an insanely catchy chorus and unforgettable lyricism. Gaga found herself quite the poet in terms of attributing the applause an entertainer receives, and mirroring it into an ode for succeeding, that just about anyone could relate to. Adrenaline coarses through the track like fire, and never truly slows down, closing out ARTPOP on one of its most irresistible tracks.”

-           @jujubae

“Again I love the experimental feel to this yet it somehow manages to be a kind of pop song that fits into mainstream. It's a grower and I still play this frequently. The video is brilliant. The part where she's spazzing out in the video at 2:55 exploding into the chorus is why we love Gaga.”

-           @Sepsami

“I used to be conflicted on this as the lead singe, but it's probably one of my favourite choices in pop music history. So euphoric and completely bonkers, I am in love with this track and still play it on a regular basis. Although I am not the biggest fan of the video, this to me is a milestone in her career and I love Applause, equally amazing album closer.”

-           @Noir

-----◆-----

Who Did It First?

Reveal hidden contents

The Fame | Poker Face
The Fame Monster | Dance In The Dark
Born This Way | The Edge Of Glory
Joanne | Diamond Heart

-----◆-----

wfTnrWU.gif

-----◆-----

Highest Score: @jujubae @Alan123 @Sexxx @Chiunzhan @juicyjuicy @Noir @Sherlock112 @takemetovenus @BLACKOUTbritney @ARTPOPrebellion @Andy21 @BloodyJudas @GagaSlaysUU @StarryNight @vrajesh @OBEY @dancergaga @Darien (11)

Lowest Score: @ChaosAngel17 (3)

-----◆-----

Antonio’s Remark:

You must’ve been wondering to yourself: “Where the hell did all the 11s go?” Well, Do What U Want received a total of 18 of them, breaking the record set by Marry The Night for most 11s! Personally, my ultimate favorite song on ARTPOP and in my top 5 generally, y’all are the best for putting it at #1, and even if it’s the lowest rated winner thus far, who cares! DWUW is #1!

-----◆-----

Top 5 Comments:

“From the churning intro's beats to its vocal runs, you know from the instance it starts, that DWUW will have you by the throat and never let go. Gaga kills the attitude in the verses and the sultry reggae-vibes of the pre-chorus, before exploding into one of her best choruses since Paparazzi. The guest vocalist is almost irrelevant because, whether its R Kelly or even Legendtina, Gaga eclipses them completely. It goes to show that Gaga has mastered R&B-friendly pop,  down to a science. On top of it all, the lyrics were (and still are) incredibly relevant and revealing of Gaga's relationship with the media at large. I'll never forgive the public for sleeping on this song, because it is truly one of her best singles to date.”

-           @jujubae

“Easily the best song on the album, one of her best productions and a step in the right direction for her to do an R&B inspired song. Sadly everything became a mess but this song saved the album for me. DJ White Shadow really has done an amazing job for Gaga, all of the songs he worked on have had a unique sound and it's one of the reasons I want him to keep working with her in the future.”

-           @Alan123

“Vocally, Gaga delivers some of the most assertive and beautiful vocals in a pop album till this day. She has stated that she was anxious about releasing this track as it wasn't anything that she had done before sonically and therefore had an amazing singer featured on the track which is deemed unnecessary; but not because he did not deliver anything horrid musically, but—well you know why. It's a groovy, fun tune with multiple meanings at once and that is something that appeals to everyone, since it is a song that is interesting to dissect but it certainly is a highlight of the album.”

-           @Skai Jackson

“This song is placed amongst my absolute favorite Gaga's songs ever released. This thumping beat that sparks off and deftly continues throughout the track is a production masterpiece. The lyrics speak to me on so many levels. I completely love the way Gaga handles her detractors. Her impassioned plea to "Do What you want with my body" is as bold as brass and supremely suggestive at the same time. R Kelly's verse gives the song even a greater push towards R&B greatness. If Gaga had capitalized on the buzz and controversy the song itself had created, it would have gone down as one of her classics. This song erases making love and replaces it with having wild and unprotected sex.”

-           @BloodyJudas

“This could've been easily one of the biggest hits from Gaga. It really is one of the sexiest songs Gaga has ever done. Great bass, Gaga's voice sounds amazing on this song it gets you in the mood, you feel the vibe...but then R. Kelly comes on and basically ruins everything. His voice fits very well on this track but his lyrics are just awful! His lyrics are incredibly weak and his past doesn't help either. I wish Gaga found somebody else to feature on this song that has his type of "soft" voice or I wouldn't even mind him as long as his lyrics were good!”@@@G@@@@@N

-           @monsterdino

-----◆-----

Who Did It First?

Reveal hidden contents

The Fame | Paparazzi
The Fame Monster | Bad Romance
Born This Way | Marry The Night
Joanne | Dancin' In Circles

Applause >>>> DWUW. 

Single cover, lyrics, choreo, performances and music video. :classy:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

Venus beating ARTPOP? And you guys disrespecting MJH like that. This site needs a purge.

Other than that distasteful placement.

0e3.png

Irrelevant
47 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Wait so where are the results haha 

:oprah: they're in the pages

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Antonio
1 hour ago, MJHolland said:

Wait so where are the results haha 

Scroll up

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

FrankGutz

hate yall, MJH is so low, SD low, DOPE too high, GUY too high, flop taste tbh

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

DaftFameMonster

Clicked through all 87 pages of this flop thread. I was sipping tea till I saw how low ya'll ranked MANiCURE and Mary Slay Holland. :bye: Gypsy was paid dust tbh. Anywayssssss gratz to the top 3. All bops. Would have taken Applesauce or Queen Venus over DWUW but alg I guess.  :madge:

I think threads like this give us all a little more appreciation for how awesome this album actually was

Go stream the album of the millennium hunties!! 

Sepsami
1 minute ago, DaftFameMonster said:

Clicked through all 87 pages of this flop thread. I was sipping tea till I saw how low ya'll ranked MANiCURE and Mary Slay Holland. :bye: Gypsy was paid dust tbh. Anywayssssss gratz to the top 3. All bops. Would have taken Applesauce or Queen Venus over DWUW but alg I guess.  :madge:

I think threads like this give us all a little more appreciation for how awesome this album actually was

Omg preach, the disrespect for MANiCURE and MJH is unacceptable :diane: DWUW winning.. :awkney:

DaftFameMonster
2 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

Omg preach, the disrespect for MANiCURE and MJH is unacceptable :diane: DWUW winning.. :awkney:

hehe I saw you stanning the true bops tho

Irrelevant
1 hour ago, DaftFameMonster said:

:golfclap: Beautiful rant

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Archived