Create The Look

VOLANTIS

Featured Posts

VOLANTIS

BRI8cdh2B.png

Hello my lovely Fashionistas. 

Tyra-Banks-Says-Goodbye-to-Top-Model3.gi

Yes it's that time of the week (month) again :sweat:

Before I start handing out the awards let me first thank my fellow judges for their exceptional contribution. You guys are incredible and you've helped me immensely so a round of applause for you all.

I know. You guys are wondering..

7.gif

I've decided not to reveal the judges after every task but instead reveal them at the end of the season or a bit later. I will try my best to work with a new set of judges for every task though.

image.gif

All the submissions for this task are just

Damn-tyra-wow-Sheeit-Dayum-GIF.gif

This is me sitting on that panel discussing entry after entry.

tumblr_inline_myg2kbFAnc1rvaqzg.gif

So without further ado let's get into this shall we? 

image.gif

Edited by VOLANTIS
I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half
  • Like 2

VOLANTIS

BRI8cdh2B.png

@Panchecco

PzdZ43d.png

Ice Queen (inspired by Queen Elsa - Frozen)
- the corset is basically the same from the Living Dress but it doesn't move, a few of the shapes vibrate (like Cypher dress by TechHAUS)... underneath the corset there is a body with long sleeves (very light material, almost transparent)
- the skirt underneath is almost transparent as well but the material is thicker and stronger
- the wings from the Living Dress became Elsa's cape, they also open like the wings but resembling an "upside down peacock tail" (lmao I don't know how to explain this)
- the crown has crystals and gems and two small shapes on each side (like the ones on the corset)
- unlike the Living Dress, this one is covered in swarovski crystals and it's light blue with purple reflections

I drew the dress and colored it with pencils then scanned the drawing and edited it digitally 

The judges were split on the color palette with this one. But they were delighted with how beautifully the Living Dress blended with the Disney character Elsa and they loved the inspiration. Although the judges felt that the dress relied too heavily on both the living dress and Elsa, they were extremely impressed with the cape and also the bejeweled crown and felt the cape made up for a unique factor. 

• Like 3

VOLANTIS

BRI8cdh2B.png

@littlemonsterL5

Lady_Gaga_Fly_GGD_entry.png

Here I present to you Fly

the grey lines around the outfit is the living part

and is to reference the octopus outfit

The judges felt that this look required a lot more descriptive notes which were unfortunately not provided in your submission. Perhaps you could have included how this outfit is supposed to look on Gaga. Is it fitting or more loose and baggy? Are the sleeves Puffy or inflated in which case using a rubbery material to look like the Octopus Rave outfit? They did love the fact that this was very light and cheerful and fitting for a children’s party and appreciated the ARTPOP nostalgia.

VOLANTIS

BRI8cdh2B.png

@LadOfAbyss

disneyladygaga_by_luckyopal-dawumzi.jpg

It's made out of different shades of blue and purple shards, the wings have been made to be slimmer and angular, and are made to move. The high heels are a shade of blue with a bit of transparency much like Cinderella's heels. The pointed crystals on the sides also move in an up and down motion. Her neck is adorned with a crystal jewelry.

The judges loved the shape of the dress and how the dressed opened at the legs clasping around her. They also noted the addition of shoes the other submissions didn’t have. But they also noted how this dress is quite similar to the Living dress already. The fact that the dress is made entirely out of moving crystals however very much pleased the judges. 

• Like 3

VOLANTIS

BRI8cdh2B.png

>>WINNER<<

@Ooolong

aoW2HA3.jpg

Notes: When I was thinking about what I wanted to do for my living dress, I knew I wanted to bring a different approach to it. So, I came to the ultimate conclusion that the only reasonable way to design it was as if it were an ecosystem of some sort, basically an interaction between biotic and abiotic factors.  

The dress itself is very plain, simplistic, even boring. What's interesting is the life to be found on the dress. The dress in a way is an abiotic factor, nonliving, meanwhile the things to be found on it are the biotic factors; the berries, flowers, and various insects are capable of something, they 'live'. But before my description becomes TOO much of a jumbled, messy bunch, I'll tell you what the items are capable of.

The roses are able to bloom and un-bloom, a very beautiful affect if I may say so myself. Hidden beneath some of the roses are metallic leaves, which truthfully serve no purpose other than to look cool. The berries found scattered around the dress are actually LED lights and are capable of switching colors (pink, red, white and such). The dark blue beetles glow, and follow tiny tracks embedded in the dress that allow them to move around as if they were real (similar to how a train works but more fluidly). Lastly, we have the butterflies, made out of a thin, metallic material similar to the leaves, that can actually be credited to Intel; they're merely more simplistic versions of Intel's pre-existing ones. If you were one of the few who didn't watch the video, their wings can flutter while on the dress, and are capable of flying off the dress.

Discussing the actual design of the dress, I avoided the puffy, typical-princess dresses not only because I'm personally not extremely fond of them, but because I like to think in terms of reality and Gaga's comfort. I think a dress like this is dramatic and interesting enough to STUN, but still allow Gaga to roam freely and give Elijah all the hugs she pleases.   For styling, I'd actually like to see Gaga barefoot, like a fairy, with no jewelry (unless it's perhaps a small, non-godly bracelet or pair of earrings). I didn't consider many hair options but I actually think with all the lights and optic effects on the dress, a shorter, more styled version of the fiber-optic wig would pair amazing. But because the dress still looks very natural, her natural hair with the blonde and brown roots would also look nice. So many options.  

Although this bears almost no resemblance to the actual “Living Dress”, you have taken the concept and very cleverly framed the “Living” Dress. By doing so you turned your risky creation in your favor.

anigif_original-grid-image-4731-14410440

These are some of the things the judges had to say about your submission.

"Wow that one was definitely a good read, it's clear they took a lot of time into it and it paid off. I like the idea of bare foot - very venus vibes, especially with natural hair."

"I love this design and the idea, i Personally think there wasn't a need to make the dress so minimalistic, as there could still be a more gaga - style to the dress (perhaps more revealing, maybe some shoulder pads or such?) and it wouldn't take away from the movement and life of the dress."

"This looks like something she might wear in the Joanne tour while singing Million Reasons or Hey Girl, simplistic yet growing and beautiful. I think this one is my favorite so far."

"This was obviously very thought out, and very original imo. The dress itself is extremely simplistic and probably could do with some changes here and there, but I can definitely see why they chose this design. It's a busy piece, so they were safe to not make it too much on the eyes. As for the jewelry, I feel as though there maybe could be at least earrings. Maybe a headband with the LED berries. Actually, maybe even have them clipped in and scattered all over the hair. Overall I REALLY love this. It's epic, different and I want this to be real so Gaga can actually wear it"

• Like 3

Ooolong

Thank you, judges! :giveup: 

Some lovely and much appreciated feedback given. My first two designs I didn't focus much on adding fabulous accessories like y'all, but now I'm coming, so bitches beware! :gaycat: 

Edited by Ooolong
The Unbannable Chanteuse
  • Like 2

VOLANTIS
17 hours ago, Ooolong said:

Thank you, judges! :giveup: 

Some lovely and much appreciated feedback given. My first two designs I didn't focus much on adding fabulous accessories like y'all, but now I'm coming, so bitches beware! :gaycat: 

Congratulations. RIP to my scalp. :giveup:

@Ooolong @Panchecco @LadOfAbyss @Totodile @littlemonsterL5 @jujubae @Dutch @hoeslay @Miel

Task 3 about to be posted. Check OP soon I guess. :emma:

• Like 5

Ooolong

Have any of you sistrens started yet? I'm actually getting started on mine before the last two days of the deadline. Props to myself. :diane: 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Panchecco
11 hours ago, Ooolong said:

Have any of you sistrens started yet? I'm actually getting started on mine before the last two days of the deadline. Props to myself. :diane: 

I already submitted mine :whitney:

Good luck sis because I'm coming for blood :staymad:

• Like 1

Ooolong
53 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

I already submitted mine :whitney:

Good luck sis because I'm coming for blood :staymad:

Jesus hell, you're quick. :giveup: 

I'll take that luck because your last submission was so good. :giveup: 

The Unbannable Chanteuse
  • Like 2

Panchecco
7 minutes ago, Ooolong said:

Jesus hell, you're quick. :giveup: 

I'll take that luck because your last submission was so good. :giveup: 

nah not really :ladyhaha:

Spoiler

I totally got that task wrong tbh (I'm a mess :ph34r:)

I thought we had to use the the elements we already had from the living dress and reassemble/recreate it using a disney princess dress as a reference :smh:

I thought it still had to look like the Living Dress we all know (I'm a mess 2.0)

Your submission though:woot:

I would have never been able to re-think the whole meaning of "living" like you did :diane:

• Like 2

Ooolong
8 hours ago, Panchecco said:

nah not really :ladyhaha:

Hide contents

I totally got that task wrong tbh (I'm a mess :ph34r:)

I thought we had to use the the elements we already had from the living dress and reassemble/recreate it using a disney princess dress as a reference :smh:

I thought it still had to look like the Living Dress we all know (I'm a mess 2.0)

Your submission though:woot:

I would have never been able to re-think the whole meaning of "living" like you did :diane:

I thought the same thing at first too, I had to ask. :toofunny:

It was so convenient. I was actually studying biomes at the time the task was announced. It just happened to align quite nicely. :giveup: 

The Unbannable Chanteuse
  • Like 2

• Haroon pinned this topic
  • Haroon featured this topic
  • Haroon unfeatured this topic