Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
traditional art

Create The Look

VOLANTIS

Featured Posts

VOLANTIS
Just now, donutellha said:

mind if i jump in just for task 4? :sis:

Sis ofc we would be delighted to have you. Task 4 is going to snatch you. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half
  • Like 1

VOLANTIS

BRI8cdh2B.png

Please know I'm not posting in any order. :sis: 

VOLANTIS

I'm hungry. I'll see you guys in 15 mins. :sis: 

• Like 2

VOLANTIS

BRI8cdh2B.png

@LadOfAbyss

danceinthedark_by_luckyopal-db1dab3.jpg

I wanted to create a costume that was suductive and dark, and made for the night life dance floor. Her undergarments are made are seperate to the outside outfit which has the wing-like shoulder pads. It's also covered in little stones that glimmer at the touch of the disco ball light. She has on a pinkish, purple wig and some sexy heels that are meant to compliment the shoulder pads. Thin pieces of leather hang from her outfit to create movement each time she walks, they are meant to compliment the glasses.

Spoiler

Holy Moly those sleeves!! Dangling on those leather pieces might as well just be my wig because it has been snatched.

The Lavender Hair is such an incredible throwback to TFM era. Although some judges noted that the hair made the look too glam rock for the song.

But you have finished a marvelous look with slight John Wayne / ARTPOP vibes and efficient Monster Ball Tour realness. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

VOLANTIS

BRI8cdh2B.png

@HOTNGaga

Jnf0fi5e4.jpg

So the music video is based in a huge late 1800s styled mansion, and she's basically trying to escape her lover (by exiting the mansion). 

During the bridge of the song, after she escapes, she walks through a grave yard in this dress, and as she walks you can see then names of the people she lists on separate graves, and near the end before the last chorus, she opens up a grave engraved "LG", and climbs into it, after realizing no mater how far away she is from her man she will always be trapped in his web. 

The outfit is very simple, I'm not to sure how to describe it. The black top portion is like a silicon, and the bottom is a flat-colored fabric. She's also wearing her iconic 10" heels 

Spoiler

The judges all collectively felt the concept was very interesting. It is worth noting you created this concept and design just hours before the deadline so that’s really impressive. The judges were split on the Countess resemblances

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAdwzxdsDI0Ynwft-WJw2d-DpCMGYCL99zwLottu2bRgC5Q4TMIbqsTASJGA

while some felt the outfit should contribute to the “sexual” aspect of the song and others loved the traditional horror aspect.

• Like 1

VOLANTIS

BRI8cdh2B.png

@Ooolong

25WeUJI.jpg

Concept: Gaga fights her insecurities in the form of shadows. 

Notes: While designing this I referred to Gaga's other videos during The Fame Monster era and found myself to be highly inspired by the 'Alejandro' video, particularly her 'Vogue' inspired pants outfit. I wanted the outfit to be stunning yet still classy. I included the casual cross or two because it was very closely associated with the era and it's visuals. She also references Jesus in the song.

My concept for the video is based around Gaga and her insecurities, which are represented through intricate shadow work. I envision the video to be very dark for the majority but to include scenes with flashing light, where Gaga would be seen in this outfit, with shadows grasping around her while she performs choreo. Because the light would be relatively quick, I think the dark grays would offer a nice contrast and the detailing (most of which would be made from silver and metallic materials) would give us the bling to match the music. 

The concept and outfit are also largely inspired by Gaga's quote, "If you don't have any shadows, you're not in the light."

That's really all I have for this challenge, lol, I'm very tired. But there's a bonus for all of the Fame Monster stans; there's a not-so-hidden geometric interpretation of MonsterGa.

Spoiler

This mashup of Joanne + TFM + BTW was very clever because since we’re talking about Gaga releasing this supposed video in 2017 on her birthday, it obviously would be very Joanne inspired. The metallic materials were well received but the judges felt the use of crosses were overbearing and felt the pants resembled transparent yoga pants.

• Like 2

VOLANTIS

BRI8cdh2B.png

WINNER: @Panchecco

CONCEPT OF THE VIDEO: Gaga is on her way to a costume party she has been invited to, she is walking alone in the street and she starts singing the song while dancing  in the moonlight. When she arrives at the venue she removes her jacket and she wears her mask. At the party she dances with a stranger who eventually ends up dead because of her, it is in fact revealed in the last shot of the video that she is a vampire.

OUTFIT: I wanted to create an outifit that explored the meaning of the song and after a very quick research I found these two quotes that became the main inspiration for both the outfit and the video:

"The record is about a girl who likes to have sex with the lights off, because she’s embarrassed about her body. She doesn’t want her man to see her naked. She will be free, and she will let her inner animal out, but only when the lights are out." 
"She doesn’t feel free without the moon. These lyrics are a way for me to talk about how I believe women and some men feel innately insecure about themselves all the time. It’s not sometimes, it’s not in adolescence, it’s always."

Since the video is being released on her birthday and since it's a very popular song in the fandom I decided to pay homage to Gaga's iconic looks from the most iconic live performances of the song:

- Monster Ball Tour - Theatre;
- Monster Ball Tour - Arena;
- Brit Awards 2010;
and of the course the iconic picture used as the single cover.

The idea was to let the outfit reveal itself through the video, so when the songs starts (and she's alone at night in the city) she is wearing a black leather jacket with gold chains, spikes and studs. The jacket is mainly inspired by the iconic purple jacket from the MBT 2.0 and the mask that Gaga wears on the single cover. The MBT jacket had large studded shoulder pads but this one instead has a bunch of spikes and it's the collar of the jacket that is actually overproportionate and studded. She's also wearing purple hair (fiber optic wig) and boots that shades from a light lilac to a very dark and intense purple. The boots are decorated with purple flowers made of lace that glow in the dark (Brit Awards inspired). 

When she arrives at the party she unzips the jacket and reveals the other part of the outfit. Underneath she is wearing a gold metallic corset (inspired by the single cover) with purple gems and decoration (all of them are led lights - like the outfit for the first Monster Ball), under the corset she is wearing a very  light body suit that covers her from her neck down (wrist and ankles), The body suit is partially gold and partially transparent and has shimmery translucent triangles decorations that help make the whole outfit reflect light. On her neck she is wearing a purple lace neck corset, with the same purple glow-in-the-dark flowers from the boots. On each shoulder there's a gem  that radiates light whenever it's dark. 

To finish the look, since it's a costume/masquerade party, she is also wearing an alternative version of the DITD mask. It's a little bit bigger because her whole forehead is covered and it's partially decorated with black lace flowers (inspired by the Brit awards mask). On top of it there are tall golden spikes and the chains on the front of the mask are shaped like a V so that the mask has a more clean, glamorous look.

b8MAtzA.png

this is the lights on vs lights off effect on the dress (glow in the dark elements, led lights and fiber optic wig)

H9beHab.gif

Spoiler

"I'm at a loss for words with this one. Damn, I can see Gaga DEMOLISHING OUR EXISTENCE IF SHE EVER WEARS THIS. It really matches the concept of the song and the whole "sexual being but scared to show herself". The mask just adds the mystery that the song commands! Damn, I don't even know what to say except this one just blew me away!"

"The fourth one I'm just.. at a loss for words because this killed and cremated my wig."

"The outfit changes during the concept slightly, concept is cohesive with the song and clever and lastly, it looks elegant and good."

• Like 6

Panchecco
1 minute ago, VOLANTIS said:

BRI8cdh2B.png

CONCEPT OF THE VIDEO: Gaga is on her way to a costume party she has been invited to, she is walking alone in the street and she starts singing the song while dancing  in the moonlight. When she arrives at the venue she removes her jacket and she wears her mask. At the party she dances with a stranger who eventually ends up dead because of her, it is in fact revealed in the last shot of the video that she is a vampire.

OUTFIT: I wanted to create an outifit that explored the meaning of the song and after a very quick research I found these two quotes that became the main inspiration for both the outfit and the video:

"The record is about a girl who likes to have sex with the lights off, because she’s embarrassed about her body. She doesn’t want her man to see her naked. She will be free, and she will let her inner animal out, but only when the lights are out." 
"She doesn’t feel free without the moon. These lyrics are a way for me to talk about how I believe women and some men feel innately insecure about themselves all the time. It’s not sometimes, it’s not in adolescence, it’s always."

Since the video is being released on her birthday and since it's a very popular song in the fandom I decided to pay homage to Gaga's iconic looks from the most iconic live performances of the song:

- Monster Ball Tour - Theatre;
- Monster Ball Tour - Arena;
- Brit Awards 2010;
and of the course the iconic picture used as the single cover.

The idea was to let the outfit reveal itself through the video, so when the songs starts (and she's alone at night in the city) she is wearing a black leather jacket with gold chains, spikes and studs. The jacket is mainly inspired by the iconic purple jacket from the MBT 2.0 and the mask that Gaga wears on the single cover. The MBT jacket had large studded shoulder pads but this one instead has a bunch of spikes and it's the collar of the jacket that is actually overproportionate and studded. She's also wearing purple hair (fiber optic wig) and boots that shades from a light lilac to a very dark and intense purple. The boots are decorated with purple flowers made of lace that glow in the dark (Brit Awards inspired). 

When she arrives at the party she unzips the jacket and reveals the other part of the outfit. Underneath she is wearing a gold metallic corset (inspired by the single cover) with purple gems and decoration (all of them are led lights - like the outfit for the first Monster Ball), under the corset she is wearing a very  light body suit that covers her from her neck down (wrist and ankles), The body suit is partially gold and partially transparent and has shimmery translucent triangles decorations that help make the whole outfit reflect light. On her neck she is wearing a purple lace neck corset, with the same purple glow-in-the-dark flowers from the boots. On each shoulder there's a gem  that radiates light whenever it's dark. 

To finish the look, since it's a costume/masquerade party, she is also wearing an alternative version of the DITD mask. It's a little bit bigger because her whole forehead is covered and it's partially decorated with black lace flowers (inspired by the Brit awards mask). On top of it there are tall golden spikes and the chains on the front of the mask are shaped like a V so that the mask has a more clean, glamorous look.

b8MAtzA.png

this is the lights on vs lights off effect on the dress (glow in the dark elements, led lights and fiber optic wig)

H9beHab.gif

Reveal hidden contents

"I'm at a loss for words with this one. Damn, I can see Gaga DEMOLISHING OUR EXISTENCE IF SHE EVER WEARS THIS. It really matches the concept of the song and the whole "sexual being but scared to show herself". The mask just adds the mystery that the song commands! Damn, I don't even know what to say except this one just blew me away!"

"The fourth one I'm just.. at a loss for words because this killed and cremated my wig."

"The outfit changes during the concept slightly, concept is cohesive with the song and clever and lastly, it looks elegant and good."

tumblr_inline_nbkdl9rj5f1ry4b03.gif

• Like 5

Ooolong
5 hours ago, VOLANTIS said:

The metallic materials were well received but the judges felt the use of crosses were overbearing and felt the pants resembled transparent yoga pants.

WIGLET FLEW. 

SCALPT, BURNT AND DRAGGEDT. :giveup: 

Lol, but the yoga pants comment is too accurate. :toofunny:

The Unbannable Chanteuse
  • Like 1

Ooolong
5 hours ago, VOLANTIS said:

BRI8cdh2B.png

b8MAtzA.png

I knew you were going to win @Panchecco and deservedly so, I'm scalpt. Those boots ended me. :giveup: 

Spoiler

But now that I've seen this I'll have to pull out all the stops for task 4. :giggle:

The Unbannable Chanteuse
  • Like 2

VOLANTIS
5 hours ago, Ooolong said:

WIGLET FLEW. 

SCALPT, BURNT AND DRAGGEDT. :giveup: 

Lol, but the yoga pants comment is too accurate. :toofunny:

It's very Gaga 2017 though. I would like to see her wear something like that on Joanne world Tour perhaps with a song like Sinners prayer. :giveup: 

• Like 1

Ooolong
18 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

It's very Gaga 2017 though. I would like to see her wear something like that on Joanne world Tour perhaps with a song like Sinners prayer. :giveup: 

I think it'd go nice with Sinner's Prayer. :diane: 

Someone get in touch with Booby or Brando. :diane: 

The Unbannable Chanteuse
  • Like 1

VOLANTIS
4 hours ago, redhoodieslime said:

When is task 4 coming @VOLANTIS

Soon :trollga:

Hopefully I'll post it during the weekend. :sis: 

• Haroon pinned this topic
  • Haroon featured this topic