Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What song do you think would have been the best choice for the lead?

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

PopThatArt
Spoiler

Perfect Illusion was absolutely fine. Diamond Heart would have been the next best song for lead, and we all know, the first song on every album is originally the one Gaga wants as the lead.

d05c6784404dab8271c3d0566a968d5a.gif

american-horror-story-bae-black-and-whit

Go see A Star is Born

PMKKARDASHiAN

PI was the perfect lead. A mix of old and new gaga. If the video had been better, and released at the same time or within the same week as the single, it could have fared better, but nothing on Joanne has the capability to become a smash anyways, imo. It's an "experimental" album with several sub-genres no one's really interested in. 

Anveeroy

Angel Down (Work Tape) 

Spoiler

I was joking! Sinner's Prayer! 

Spoiler

Haaha! Joking! Diamond Heart! 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Anderson123

Perfect Illusion is the only lead single material on the album, no matter what people say. A-Yo is also a fun song but I don't think it has the energy to stand on its own as the lead for the entire album, that was a good 2nd single.

As for John Wayne and Dancing In Circles, lol. Those are my favorite songs on the album but that doesn't mean they could've been the leads, let alone official singles.

GagaTheExplorer

no song she would released off the album would be good enough for us cause our expectations were too high, so Perfect Illusion was the choosen to sacrificate for the rest of Joanne:classy:

Yo GagaGaga

I think Diamond Heart, John Wayne, DIC, Angel Down, Joanne, A-Yo, and Million Reasons would've been a better option

PI seems unfinished sort of. It has the energy and there are some aspects that work like the background vocals in the bridge. But there's no real hook, and the chorus is kind of underwhelming. Her past choruses were always pretty complex

"I'm Your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me, Papa-Paparazzi, Baby there's no other superstar you know that I'll be your Papa-Paparazzi, promise I'll be kind but I won't stop until that boy is mine, Baby you'll be famous, chase you down until you love me, Papa-Paparazzi"

"You can't have my heart and you won't use my mind so Do What You want with my body, You can't stop my voice cause you don't own my life but, Do What You Want with my body"

compared to

"It wasn't love, It wasn't love, It was a perfect Illusion, mistaken for love, it wasn't love, it was a perfect Illusion"

Reality

Perfect Illusion was the perfect choice for the lead single, it's just a shame that it wasn't promoted as heavily, as say, Million Reasons. 

If I had to cross PI off of the list though, then either A-YO or Diamond Heart. 

🖤👹

Archived