Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga to still go ahead with her Jakarta concert

DORd

Featured Posts

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elizabeth

This is so boring. Just give us some official confirmation already.

I know right. I'm over all of this backward and forwarding between her being allowed to perform and not being able to! Whoever's in charge of this situation just needs to give an answer.

RAMROD

Need Daddy to speak up now, the week almost over!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

La Rosalia

Don't be silly, some of you act like little kids like " :sad: imagine if she didn't go to your country how would you feel? blabla" crap. She needs to be secure those guys are crazy, I know the fans would prefer to have a safe gaga that makes more music than a concert that leads to the death of the biggest pop star on the planet. Probably I went too far but imagine if those people start a riot, it wpuld be chaotic and a lot of people would get hurt

SomethingMore

Gaga saga is final – without permit, say Jakarta Police

The Jakarta Police insisted on Friday that it would stay with its original decision not to recommend the National Police issue a permit for American pop singer Lady Gaga’s planned June 3 concert.

"That decision is final," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Rikwanto said as quoted by kompas.com.

Rikwanto’s statement comes as an apparent contradiction to National Police chief Gen. Timur Pradopo’s statement on Wednesday night that the police were still evaluating whether they should issue the permit or not by taking into account interests from different groups of people.

http://www.thejakart...rta-police.html

So its official now? :(

52,000 seats . . .around $10,000,000....poor indonesian monsters..

boysboysboys

Rikwanto's insistence frightens me. It's almost like the Jakarta police are being blackmailed, so ****ing corrupt.

Whatever happens, I'm officially cool with it.

X Dreams

I seriously doubt that they will shoot her. I understand the safety concerns, but you have to think of the political implications of a shooting. There will be international conflict if this happened, and Indonesia is in no position to wage in war against the U.S.

So this should be officially over, then, if the decision is "final"? :sam:

Nemo

No. Clearly there's a struggle going on within the Indonesian government. If we're lucky, we might even see something like Rikwanto being fired before it's over.

GodHatesFangs

I seriously doubt that they will shoot her. I understand the safety concerns, but you have to think of the political implications of a shooting. There will be international conflict if this happened, and Indonesia is in no position to wage in war against the U.S.

We are talking about religious extremists. Not the authorities. They will always put their beliefs over everything. Anyhow you dont think they would miss the chance to piss off U.S., where most of the "bad influences" are coming from?

jhonyguy04

What if Gaga starts world war III. That would be so stupid.

StrawberryBlond

There is another coverage here just few minutes ago in local news channel,

saying that this controversy may started from unhealthy rivalry

with one other promoter in the country, Berlian Entertainment.

Stated that Berlian Entertainment is unhappy that BigDaddy

who wins the deal for BTW Ball so they pay these extremist to cancel the gig.

If that really is true, that is downright ridiculous and this rival company should be dissolved for doing such a thing. Why does stuff like this always happen to Gaga? Just as she starts catching a break, another obstacle stands in her way. if this show goes ahead, the police had better be doing something to make sure all those fans are safe. Because I'm starting to get the impression that they don't care and what Gaga is doing is at her own risk.

gagaismywhore

Surely if it was definitely cancelled and not happening there would be an official statement and/or Gaga would talk about it?

I think its still an ongoing thing. They are obviously struggling to find an agreement....

Archived