💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Madonna raises $7.5 million for Raising Malawi @ Art Basel

jojuun

Featured Posts

Not my favourite iteration of Madonna by any stretch. It just feels messy, awkward. It's biggest crime is that it just isn't entertaining. She is allowed to do whatever she wants, it's just not anything I'm that interested in really.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

OH I DIDN'T KNOW THAT. THATS NICE GO MADGE!

This entire event benefits Raising Malawi. In the pre-show she auctioned off paintings, personal belongings and her old wedding pictures with her actual ex-husband (Sean Penn)... She's raised well over a million tonight if my calculator is right... :applause:

13 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Not my favourite iteration of Madonna by any stretch. It just feels messy, awkward. It's biggest crime is that it just isn't entertaining. She is allowed to do whatever she wants, it's just not anything I'm that interested in really.

It's just the clown-thing. She did the same thing in Melbourne when her tour was over and many people went nuts over it (not in the good way) and the Daily Mail ranted for 3 weeks on how "drunk" and "close to meltdown" she was. Madonna has never had a meltdown in 4 decades in this industry. I doubt she's going to start now. Her humor just doesn't translate well unless you're a hardcore-fan and you know her personality. It's intentionally messy.

giphy.gif

Her documentary/concert film from Rebel Heart is going to premiere in a few days, that's where the real perfection will shine through. Her tours are impeccable. This is just what it is... A messy side gig she did for fun and charity.... She's raised over $1M tonight. 

Just now, jojuun said:

It's just the clown-thing. She did the same thing in Melbourne when her tour was over and many people went nuts over it (not in the good way) and the Daily Mail ranted for 3 weeks on how "drunk" and "close to meltdown" she was. Madonna has never had a meltdown in 4 decades in this industry. I doubt she's going to start now. Her humor just doesn't translate well unless your a hardcore-fan and you know her personality. It's intentionally messy.

giphy.gif

Her documentary/concert film from Rebel Heart is going to premiere in a few days, that's where the real perfection will shine through. Her tours are impeccable. This is just what it is... A messy side gig she did for fun and charity.... She's raised over $1M tonight. 

Yeah, I live in Australia and I like Madonna :shrug: Rebel Heart was great. This just isn't my thing. 

Just now, Bebe said:

Yeah, I live in Australia and I like Madonna :shrug: Rebel Heart was great. This just isn't my thing. 

Yeah I get that. It's a mess. That's what kinda makes it fun for me, we're all so used to seeing her in complete control all the time. I lost it when she almost strangled the guy who just wouldn't sit down for a lapdance during Beautiful Stranger :ladyhaha:

The Rebel Heart Tour premiers in a few days, Carpool Karaoke with James Cordon is about to air and she'll be honoured as Billboard Woman of the Year soon too. All is well within the Madonna-universe. She'll be a complete pro for all those events. The tour especially, she's spent about a year editing it into perfection.

DrewStevens

Well... This was an ARTPOP moment tbh.

I get it, she wanted to present this "tears of a clown" thing but she failed in many ways.

I'm glad she did this for charity but artistically this was bad. 

Haroon

Hey guys :woohoo: Had a quick skim and can we please keep the attacks and hostility at bay :ohno: Let's stick to debating our points without going into that mean territory :spin: 

3 hours ago, jojuun said:

Yeah I get that. It's a mess. That's what kinda makes it fun for me, we're all so used to seeing her in complete control all the time. I lost it when she almost strangled the guy who just wouldn't sit down for a lapdance during Beautiful Stranger 

The Rebel Heart Tour premiers in a few days, Carpool Karaoke with James Cordon is about to air and she'll be honoured as Billboard Woman of the Year soon too. All is well within the Madonna-universe. She'll be a complete pro for all those events. The tour especially, she's spent about a year editing it into perfection.

Buddy don't waste your time arguing with the messy bottoms. They don't get it. 

Madonna and Gaga should be able to exist in the same industry  without all this vitriol.

It was a charity gig for ****s sake. Not a well rehearsed, thought out performance. Ariana was modeling a Rebel Heart Tour costume for charity, that's it. Not a desperate attempt from Madonna to stay relevant. 

Americano25
7 hours ago, Parach said:

No, I like MJ and the Beatles - they were badmouthing anyone just to keep their own relevance. They did something better - they pushed other artists to progress, not to fall down. 

Erm, you're talking shite. Madonna has also pushed other artists to progress to the best of their abilities. She had her own record label in the 90's where she signed a host of artists. Alanis Morrisette was one of them who signed before she became the huge artist she became with "Jagged Little Pill" in 95.

She's given lots of praise to different artists over the years. MJ, Prince, Beyonce, Kylie, Britney, Katy, Rihanna, Miley, Pink, Ariana and so many more.  It's ironic that you claim Madonna likes to knock other artists down and yet it was only a few weeks ago when Gaga insinuated Madonna doesn't write her own music or play instruments. What a shame you still haven't moved on 5 years after the "Born This Way" / "Reductive" controversy.  Time to move on, sweetie.

Americano25
6 hours ago, jojuun said:

Wow, you should change PI to Perfect Delusion in your iTunes.

Can you imagine how Madonna felt when Gaga used the chords from her iconic song and then went on national television saying they e-mailed back and forth and you gave permission while that never happened? Hmmmm.

And Madonna didn't need Gaga for relevance. Please. Her 2008 tour (right before Gaga was hyperfamous) out sold anything Gaga has yet to achieve. So did the MDNA tour. 

Good luck making that crown, I'm sure Gaga can't wait and is reading this, hoping to see it one day.

Get real dude. And stop posting all your sexual fantasies on this website too. No one cares IRL.

tumblr_o0ut8d1kxg1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

John Slayne

I swear to god Madonna could cure cancer and some of y'all would stil b*tch about her. :saladga: She did this concert to support her pediatric hospital in Malawi. Get life.

And it's funny how when she supports other artists she's doing it "for relevancy" and when she doesn't she's "afraid of competition". Y'all will never be satisfied.

Over 7,5 mil raised in a starstudded evening. Not bad at all ;) I really dont get why the constant hate. It was a huge sum for charity, an actual charity. Its great to see celebs use their influence and welth for good. 

And the show itself was great messy fun. Was everythig polished? no. Did she morph into a belting aretha frankling all.of a sudden with vocal delivery? no.  etc. It was just tongue in cheeck fun with really great moments, like making Toxic into a political song etc. The audience was horrible obviously as it was mostly business ppl, but not the point at all. 

It was a huge success and got great press too.

sipthistea

Too much negativity around :toofunny:

I must say I don't like much of the stuff Madonna does lately, but there's no need to be mean and start comparing her with Gaga again. 

She's free to do whatever she wants with her career, because it's HER career. And it's her life. 

Archived