đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't think Joanne is Gaga's comeback album

Fanta

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

Is Joanne a setup for "bigger" album? No. I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the album is what it is.

And it is what it is because, after ARTPOP, there was no way Gaga's sound could have gotten any bigger or the themes be even more conceptual. I think she knew that the time had come to step back and go in the opposite direction.

This is not to say she won't ever make wild electronic music again, because I think she definitely will. But again, this album is what it is.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

Tea @ the overall era being lack lustre. Luckily it's picked way back up with the release of Joanne. It's still #2 on iTunes, and Japan promo is coming in literal hours. Japan always brings out the weirdest in Gaga. She's coming for that hype :giggle:

Doncho

Sure, Gaga has been absent from the scene for a while but she doesnt need to COMEBACK. I mean, she released albums in 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2016. Lets talk about a comeback after 6 or 7 years without releases.

Whether you mentioned it or not ... its obvious you're talking about fame and sales.

You are saying she needs to "comeback" from ARTPOP. When in fact, Promos were everywhere for the album. However, in terms of sales and popularity, it was lacking.

So, itd make sense that you would call ARTPOP a flop that needs coming back from.

Listen, honey, ARTPOP is a great album... it was simply a banging end to the ECCENTRIC POP era... Now, she's introducing us to another character besides GAGA.

There was no comeback.

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

C2C was the fixer 'ms Washington':hor:. 

As much as I get ur point I won't put it as 'testing waters' it's more of a debut for brand new artist (new lady Gaga). Cos to me Joanne is to solid for that kinda description 

I agree tbh. I feel like this album is more personal and simplistic. It's her building her way back imo. I love Joanne, it's amazing (and deserves a grammy lesbehonest). But I feel like more is yet to come. But the thing is: we really don't know whats coming. You can not tell me you guys saw her releasing anything like Joanne. All her albums have been a shock. When TFM dropped everyone was shook bc "she was goth and sPOOky!!!11!!11!1" as opposed to the blonde-bombshell party girl we saw in The Fame. When BTW came out everyone was shook bc she "looks like an alien!! what r those bones on her face!!!!>!>?" and all the religious material and self love message she had during that era. Then ARTPOP came out and it was the strangest era yet, which brought more attention back to her. Nobody could ever imagine her doing what she is now. Its so shocking to see her toned down like she is. There is more to come. She's still the chameleon. Never the same. :firega:

5 minutes ago, javaisreve said:

Whether you mentioned it or not ... its obvious you're talking about fame and sales.

You are saying she needs to "comeback" from ARTPOP. When in fact, Promos were everywhere for the album. However, in terms of sales and popularity, it was lacking.

So, itd make sense that you would call ARTPOP a flop that needs coming back from.

Listen, honey, ARTPOP is a great album... it was simply a banging end to the ECCENTRIC POP era... Now, she's introducing us to another character besides GAGA.

There was no comeback.

If you read the first page you would have seen the post where I said it's not about sales, as the album is #1 and sold well for 2016 AND broke a record on the WW chart so where are we going with this?

When I say it feels quiet, I mean literally it's softer than her previous albums and the general hype surrounding Gaga during a release week/month isn't what it used to be. I could be wrong, which is why I used the word 'potential' a million times. I welcome all opinions but some of you need to stop reading too much into my post as if it's a critical album review :flop: 

2 minutes ago, Drew Jeremy said:

I agree tbh. I feel like this album is more personal and simplistic. It's her building her way back imo. I love Joanne, it's amazing (and deserves a grammy lesbehonest). But I feel like more is yet to come. But the thing is: we really don't know whats coming. You can not tell me you guys saw her releasing anything like Joanne. All her albums have been a shock. When TFM dropped everyone was shook bc "she was goth and sPOOky!!!11!!11!1" as opposed to the blonde-bombshell party girl we saw in The Fame. When BTW came out everyone was shook bc she "looks like an alien!! what r those bones on her face!!!!>!>?" and all the religious material and self love message she had during that era. Then ARTPOP came out and it was the strangest era yet, which brought more attention back to her. Nobody could ever imagine her doing what she is now. Its so shocking to see her toned down like she is. There is more to come. She's still the chameleon. Never the same. :firega:

Thank you. I agree she is always evolving, which is why I'm so curious to see if this is a small phase or an actual rebuilding of what she would like her career to be. This era will be very interesting!

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

If you read the first page you would have seen the post where I said it's not about sales, as the album is #1 and sold well for 2016 AND broke a record on the WW chart so where are we going with this?

When I say it feels quiet, I mean literally it's softer than her previous albums and the general hype surrounding Gaga during a release week/month isn't what it is. I could be wrong, which is why I used the word 'potential' a million times. I welcome all opinions but some of you need to stop reading too much into my post as if it's a critical album review :flop: 

Well let's just not expect a bigger "comeback" crap cuz that's what will lead to disappointments and false expectations. Some of you little monsters need to realize that Gaga is simply taking it easy this time. And that's it. Move on.

I personally don't need Gaga to do a HUGE HYPE RELEASE. Cuz everybody's doing that now.

This is Gaga saying "I'M ACTUALLY A LEGIT MUSICIAN AND NOT JUST ONE OF THESE BASIC BITCHHES."

Hence, the dive bar, less to no background vocals, live performances, superbowl, more live performances.

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

Alligator Blood
20 hours ago, Fanta said:

I personally I feel like Joanne is not the comeback album, but more like a project and song collection meant to slowly bring hype and build momentum for something bigger. When I thought about it, it made sense considering Gaga has not been going all out promo wise the way she used to before. This era screams 'testing the waters' for me, to prepare for something bigger I presume. Joanne is still a great album and a favorite of mine, but I'm going with the theory that a potential EP is in the making and to be released in the near future.

I also think the Super Bowl will either mark the real start of this era and give it the push it needs, or the bang of an ending Joanne needs that could serve as a start to something else which could be the tour or a potential EP which is what everyone is speculating. What do y'all think?

giphy.gif

ETA: And no, this isn't about sales just the era in general.

i can't believe i read this with my own two eyes :toofunny:

1 minute ago, javaisreve said:

Well let's just not expect a bigger "comeback" crap cuz that's what will lead to disappointments and false expectations. Some of you little monsters need to realize that Gaga is simply taking it easy this time. And that's it. Move on.

I personally don't need Gaga to do a HUGE HYPE RELEASE. Cuz everybody's doing that now.

This is Gaga saying "I'M ACTUALLY A LEGIT MUSICIAN AND NOT JUST ONE OF THESE BASIC BITCHHES."

Hence, the dive bar, less to no background vocals, live performances, superbowl, more live performances.

Lol we're all allowed to have different opinions. I actually love Joanne and cried to a couple of songs, the album is literally on repeat. That won't stop me from having speculations about what she could potentially do in the future.

And as a Gaga fan since back in '09 I can say that I know for a fact Gaga is a talented and incredible musician whether or not she released Joanne. I love it either way.

DeanWinchester
20 hours ago, Fanta said:

I personally I feel like Joanne is not the comeback album, but more like a project and song collection meant to slowly bring hype and build momentum for something bigger. When I thought about it, it made sense considering Gaga has not been going all out promo wise the way she used to before. This era screams 'testing the waters' for me, to prepare for something bigger I presume. Joanne is still a great album and a favorite of mine, but I'm going with the theory that a potential EP is in the making and to be released in the near future.

I also think the Super Bowl will either mark the real start of this era and give it the push it needs, or the bang of an ending Joanne needs that could serve as a start to something else which could be the tour or a potential EP which is what everyone is speculating. What do y'all think?

giphy.gif

ETA: And no, this isn't about sales just the era in general.

Skipping through 5 pages of opinions that may have already mentioned this but, here are my 2 cents on the matter:

LG5 in any form or genre (assuming quality music is a given) will never be her true "comeback" if we're talking about a second peak/imperial phase.

No matter how good her music will be, she is coming from a """flop""" era. She still needs to get out of that quagmire. If she keeps up her efforts, then LG6 will stand tall above the efforts of Joanne.

Just like how Perfect Illusion became the necessary sacrificial lamb to bridge the monsters' mindset about Gaga bringing back TFM to accepting a general change in direction, an entire era has to also slowly ease the pivot of Gaga's trajectory. Cheek 2 Cheek started to change her image critically, but (if, and only if, Gaga wants to dominate commercially again) she has to prove once more she is still a force in the industry. Joanne is slowly erasing Gaga's image of continuous decline, what with all the expectations that the album exceeded commercially. If she plays her cards right (she seems to be, so far) and if she chooses to do so, LG6 could be the first true commercially massive album she will have since BTW.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

1 minute ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Skipping through 5 pages of opinions that may have already mentioned this but, here are my 2 cents on the matter:

LG5 in any form or genre (assuming quality music is a given) will never be her true "comeback" if we're talking about a second peak/imperial phase.

No matter how good her music will be, she is coming from a """flop""" era. She still needs to get out of that quagmire. If she keeps up her efforts, then LG6 will stand tall above the efforts of Joanne.

Just like how Perfect Illusion became the necessary sacrificial lamb to bridge the monsters' mindset about Gaga bringing back TFM to accepting a general change in direction, an entire era has to also slowly ease the pivot of Gaga's trajectory. Cheek 2 Cheek started to change her image critically, but (if, and only if, Gaga wants to dominate commercially again) she has to prove once more she is still a force in the industry. Joanne is slowly erasing Gaga's image of continuous decline, what with all the expectations that the album exceeded commercially. If she plays her cards right (she seems to be, so far) and if she chooses to do so, LG6 could be the first true commercially massive album she will have since BTW.

Excellently worded and 100% agree. That's what I'm trying to say in my original post, this era (even with a full good album) could be a positive build up to bury the media attacks and bad managing she received with ARTPOP.

Was there ever a come back album and will there ever be one? Isn't every one of her albums including this one "i wanted to make music, this is where i felt i was creatively and this is who would work well with my creativity right now", i think it's actually really simple that she wants to make music and that's it. There is no "come back" it's just her making music, she's changed management and PR team that's why the promo is different and things are altering on the management scheme of things not because somethings coming up or she's waiting. This is it and this is how it's going to be and if it all changes again it's because she wants it to, just accept this for what it is and who she is in her life right now and stop waiting or wondering what will be next

Comeback album??? :what: what are you talking about??? She didn't go anywhere. She doesn't need a ✌Comeback album✌:madge:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

Archived