💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't think Joanne is Gaga's comeback album

Fanta

Featured Posts

giskardsb

I don't think Gaga cares about playing by any rules regarding whether she is supposed to be making a "comeback" album or not.  And if you were going to do it that way, shouldn't Joanne be an EP and the "comeback" a full album?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Nebulous said:

Sis, this is GagaDaily, they take everything as "shade" here. You'll never get through. :saladga: 

I noticed, a mess

tumblr_inline_mqtea2mVR41qz4rgp.gif

Gagas love
1 minute ago, HugoMonster said:

I guess I understand what you're trying to say. 

Not sure about calling it "comeback album" or not, but the project Joanne and producer Mark Ronson truly opened a door for Gaga to explore new areas in terms of music artistry and creativity that she hasn't explored just yet. It is basically what happened when she first met Redone and made The Fame. This could be a reach (or not) but we may be at the edge of something even bigger than Joanne.

Also, with Joanne she liberated herself from certain expectations (edm album, huge electronic beats, etc), so now she could do anything at this point without having the fear of failure or reaching those dated expectations, and that's what makes me very excited for LG6.

but isnt it fair to her for us to agree that after every album, shes headed towards better and better as she ages?

Katsuki Bakugo
6 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I think me and many members on this site have agreed that ARTPOP was something she needed coming back from, as it was not exactly the best era/album/or time of her life. And you're either dense or just being silly because everyone knows when an artist (especially big ones like Gaga) is gone for a few years their next album is meant to be the 'comeback' release. 

Calling someone dense is a great way to start a discussion. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Just now, giskardsb said:

I don't think Gaga cares about playing by any rules regarding whether she is supposed to be making a "comeback" album or not.  And if you were going to do it that way, shouldn't Joanne be an EP and the "comeback" a full album?

Another font stated it better, basically saying Joanne is her liberating herself from dated expectations genre wise. And to answer your question, no TFM was not in anyway a 'comeback' but for me personally it was better and more iconic than TF. Both great, but TFM changed the game.

Just now, Fanta said:

I honestly don't give a sh*t what you think about my opinion. All I can say it whatever you were reading must not have been my post because I detect zero negativity in it. Grow up.

Maybe some people just don't care about Gaga being the way she used to be?

She did not make these creations for us. Art is so inherently selfish. Nothing is for us. it's all for her. We just enjoy it because she decides to release it. We are not patrons, we do not commission her.

you have been here since 2011. You may have been a fan longer than that. What has given you this inherent idea Gaga is like other artists? Maybe she wants to be toned down. She has changed.

Gaga only cares about getting better as an artist, improving her work, her art. the fact she decides to share it, inspire others, is something we should be thankful for.

Pacify Him

It feels like another one of her TEOG music video gift to her fans. If you could understand what I mean. Wasn't it just announced that the original LG5 was scrapped because RedOne got fired? Maybe someday, LG6 is her truly comeback album.

I’m getting on your nerves

giskardsb
Just now, Fanta said:

Another font stated it better, basically saying Joanne is her liberating herself from dated expectations genre wise. And to answer your question, no TFM was not in anyway a 'comeback' but for me personally it was better and more iconic than TF. Both great, but TFM changed the game.

My feeling is that Gaga has way too much stuff in the pipeline for her career for her to be doing a double release.  Joanne is her "comeback" release, and she is treating the era as she wants to.  Fans expecting another EP and some gigantic promo blitz and TFM level hits are just engaging in wishful thinking IMO.

Just now, Seeka said:

Maybe some people just don't care about Gaga being the way she used to be?

She did not make these creations for us. Art is so inherently selfish. Nothing is for us. it's all for her. We just enjoy it because she decides to release it. We are not patrons, we do not commission her.

you have been here since 2011. You may have been a fan longer than that. What has given you this inherent idea Gaga is like other artists? Maybe she wants to be toned down. She has changed.

Gaga only cares about getting better as an artist, improving her work, her art. the fact she decides to share it, inspire others, is something we should be thankful for.

Who said I want her to be like other artists though. The point of this thread was to discuss what she's potentially doing and what she may have up her sleeve. Seriously y'all :sharon:

Just now, Fanta said:

Who said I want her to be like other artists though. The point of this thread was to discuss what she's potentially doing and what she may have up her sleeve. Seriously y'all :sharon:

Your post could be taken as "I'm tired of this sh!tty era already and want new music, and I'm going to propagate this stupid idea of an EP being released around the time of the superbowl"

Oh, and your basically taking an essentially creative, soulful album calling it a side project for Gaga to explore new genres, which is something an asshole would do.

"Oh hey, I'm going to write an album insppired by my dead aunt. test the waters oin a new genre, then proceed to make incredulous amounts of moolah with the album following it."

Incredibly asshole move, which would be done by an artist out to make money.

Nothing you have said can be taken in a positive light other than "we may get music". Other than that, neutral at most.

3 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Your post could be taken as "I'm tired of this sh!tty era already and want new music, and I'm going to propagate this stupid idea of an EP being released around the time of the superbowl"

Oh, and your basically taking an essentially creative, soulful album calling it a side project for Gaga to explore new genres, which is something an asshole would do.

"Oh hey, I'm going to write an album insppired by my dead aunt. test the waters oin a new genre, then proceed to make incredulous amounts of moolah with the album following it."

Incredibly asshole move, which would be done by an artist out to make money.

Nothing you have said can be taken in a positive light other than "we may get music". Other than that, neutral at most.

nvm, done engaging

LilARTPOP

I feel like Joanne liberated her from being in that pop star box. With that said I agree, something big is coming, based on her confirming that the avant garde is still her favorite thing. She has no limits now and I'd guess her fans don't have any expectations, so if she released a comeback album, it'd be something no one is expecting 

Ask Jesus Christ who the 5 star chick is

Microscope
24 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Where did I specify her comeback was meant to be pop? I'll wait.

"Comeback" in this context is implied to be pop though. :emma: 

Let me put this in other terms. You're asking whether or not she's gonna go back to huge promo and pumping out single after single and performance after performance. And I said that I believe she doesn't want to do that anymore and is perfectly content with just releasing music and doing other projects that she loves, and to not expect her to be reigning pop again.

Take my hand. Stay, Joanne.

Just now, Gagas love said:

but isnt it fair to her for us to agree that after every album, shes headed towards better and better as she ages?

Yes, no doubt on that! And I don't mean shade towards ARTPOP with what I'm going to say because to this day I still consider it a solid pop record, but if you put her discography into perspective, the transition between Born This Way and ARTPOP felt more like a regression overall.

However, with Joanne you can tell she's evolving again into something you can only label it as Gaga: the lyrics are more powerful, her voice feels more real, her music got more mature. She's back on the right track with Joanne, and after hearing it in full that was what made me more happy for her.

1 minute ago, Microscope said:

"Comeback" in this context is implied to be pop though. :emma: 

Let me put this in other terms. You're asking whether or not she's gonna go back to huge promo and pumping out single after single and performance after performance. And I said that I believe she doesn't want to do that anymore and is perfectly content with just releasing music and doing other projects that she loves, and to not expect her to be reigning pop again.

Taking pop out of the equation, yes, when I say comeback I meant what you described in a way. Like @HugoMonster said and basically worded better, it seems like this album is her breaking free from certain expectations. This is why I feel like her next project could be 'bigger', because this time around no one will have any idea what she's going to come up with.

Archived