💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Angel Down" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

LilVenusian
6 hours ago, SUBURBIA said:

am i the only one who thinks this could be partially inspired by the orlando shooting?

I just think its about the state of the world in general at the moment. The black lives matter movement, the Orlando shooting, endless terrorist attacks, ongoing wars and conflict, Donald Trump running for presidency :ladyhaha:. Like how is it we live in 2016 yet we still deal with same issues of racism, homophobia and opression that have been going on for centuries. 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hausofalexandru

I knew it was intense. Makes me think of all the injustices we have been seeing lately. Mostly the pulse shooting and the bombs being drop on innocent people in Syria and ext.

This is my favorite song from the entire album. It's one of, if not my favorite song she's ever made. The lyrics are so beautiful and truly make you look at the world around all of us and see the injustice and the terrible events going on everyday. We live in an age where people are being killed for no apparent reason and it's becoming more and more uncontrollable everyday. Gaga has a lot of balls to make this song and I'm so happy she did. She truly hit some heart strings with this song for me and it truly makes me appreciate her as an artist and solidifies her place as my favorite artist alive. I love you so much Gaga, you're one true special woman. 

LilVenusian
4 hours ago, joseahm said:

Can someone explain the meaning of this song? I've been trying to figure it out but I still don't get it :sweat:

On a basic level its about gagas disappointment in the state of the world and how we are too lazy to change it.

On a deeper, spiritual level it is about her faith, I guess shes trying to view the victims of the cruelties in society as "angels" hence tryna restore her faith that their is some purity left in humanity. Its actually a very sad song about a crisis in faith, like how can you believe in god but still find the meaning and sense in all of the tragedies that occur in the world?

Frankenztein

It's actually the song I've played on repeat the most. I must've listened to it a dozen times in a row. Absolutely one of her best ballads. Top 3 no question. 

BeautyisaLie

The last 30 seconds of this song are one of the most beautiful things i've ever heard. The way she sings "Save that angel, hear that angel, catch my angel" got me so emotional. It feels like she's trying to save the world, but she's exhausted..

It's dark but just a game

Rudz Xinc

This song it's so beautiful

If I have to choose between Million Reasons and Angel Down to be a single

I'm not sure how to choose

I love them both equally

Look at those clowns

a big political statement wrapped in a haunting and complex ballad.
absolutely love it.

adoring the lyrical depth and powerful progression in the melody.
this is a track i've been waiting years for Gaga to create.

the final seconds of her whispering and sulking are eery and close the Standard Edition perfectly.

loving forward to hearing the Work Tape version on the Deluxe Edition.

migamiga
5 hours ago, Shipper said:

This song SOUNDS like another song...

I've been trying to figure it out ever since I heard the snippet! Still can't figure it out :saladga: It's the "angel down angel down, but the people just stood around" melody

KarmaPolice
12 minutes ago, F AM E said:

I've been trying to figure it out ever since I heard the snippet! Still can't figure it out :saladga: It's the "angel down angel down, but the people just stood around" melody

It has that Videogames by Lana del Rey vibe

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived