other

"Angel Down" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS PERFORMANCE IS EVERYTHING :giveup:

IT SOUND EXCATLY LIKE THE WORK TAPE VERSION!

HER VOICE IS FIRE!! :firega:

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

This sounds like a song Florence +The Machine song. Sounds a lot like them in my opinion. And that's a good thing!

Oriane

One of her best ballads. The verses and the chorus are both terribly beautiful. I think I will cry when I see her singing it live at a concert. And the production is stunning. I really feel in another world, all these little noises... And you get it at the end of the album either way. It leaves you with this ache in the heart...

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

I just heard the Work Tape version, and I actually like it much more. The final version is a bit too "quivery" in the vocals for my taste. I get her vocals wavering is apart of the emotional aspect of the song. It's fragile, and almost on the verge of tears. So it really conveys the sorrow and hoplessness one feels in the face of these situations. 

But the Work Tape version also conveys the anger element of these kind of events. And personally, I just think the vocals sound better. I've always maintained that Gaga sounds at her best when she really belts it out and keeps her vocals open. When she restricts her vocals and tries to hang her vocals in a lower range - and then wavers, it's always been my least fav Gaga vocal style.

Dont get me wrong, I like the final version. It's really haunting and beautiful. But after hearing the Work Tape version, I think I def would have preferred that direction.

But both are a valid take, that both offer a different emotion and perspective. I get chills when she screams "where are our leaders!?" - in a complete fit of rage and desperation.  That doesn't come off that way in the final version (which again feels more like sorrow and hoplessness).

FFXSoul91

I hope that Gaga performs this as the closer at the Superbowl with a children's choir or something. I'm getting chills thinking about it.

lodylody

That ending of the song during the LA Dive Bar tour was SO much more satisfying than the studio version, but in a different way. I BALLED when she sang the name :cryga: 

• 2 weeks later...

Awful song! I still don't believe this is a RedOne track. And it has a second version (work tape) that's even worse. Either she makes a remix à la Michael Jackson's "History" or her message will get lost in the awfulness of this song! :bye:

10 hours ago, Pop Fan said:

Awful song! I still don't believe this is a RedOne track. And it has a second version (work tape) that's even worse.

Wha? I thought the work tape was better :toofunny: more raw.

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

10 hours ago, Pop Fan said:

Awful song! I still don't believe this is a RedOne track. And it has a second version (work tape) that's even worse. Either she makes a remix à la Michael Jackson's "History" or her message will get lost in the awfulness of this song! :bye:

Unregister yourself. :bye:

FreePalestine

• Haroon unpinned this topic
TopDomBoy
14 hours ago, Pop Fan said:

Angel Down is on Gagas Top 10 songs...educate yourself. :classy:

All monsters are human, you are a monster.

• 10 months later...

Archived