💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Hey Girl" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

kristylovesgaga

I can totally picture Prince singing this.  At first I thought it was kinda plain, but it isn't till the later part that the effect of the song hits me.   

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! I am so pleasantly surprised by this song. The snippet sounded meh but it's actually pretty amazing.

Queen Gloria

I LOVE this song, almost as much as I love Come To Mama. Salty queens can keep whining saying "EWW, 70S MUSIC." But honestly, it's so good. Reminds me of a hybrid of Bennie & The Jets with Corinne Bailey Rae's "Closer". 

I think Joanne is bothering Little Monsters so much because we in this community (not myself) are mostly teenagers who don't have much exposure to other decades in music. So anything "old" is instantly "gross" to them, which I think is unfair. All art should be enjoyed subjectively. 

I love the smooth r&b slow jam funk of it. I could definitely hear it sung by Prince as others have said. Sounds a bit like The Beautiful Ones. 

Overall one of my favorites along with Come To Mama and Sinner's Prayer. 

Perfect song, I Love everything about it and it should be a single. I love Gaga and Florence singing together and I also think that Gaga could have done it with Adele, just the same. To be honest, Adele comes first to mind, because this album, to me, leans more to Lady Gaga maturing and joining the likes of Adele and leaving behind those pop formula girls that she is usually lumped in with, especially online and on these pop music forums and that is the greatest thing about this entire album to Me.

Grrrls :gaycat::wub:

@TomxGaga this song will always make me think of You, my friend. :hug:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

To me, this song is hands down the finest production of the album! Just listen to those sounds at the end...I'm speechless all over again! <3 My 2 favorite lady in 1 song, their voices, the production,...:diane:

migamiga

I was excited for it when gaga revealed the lyrics in interviews but was turned off by it when I heard the snippet. But now I f*cking love it! It's a masterpiece from the 70s :giveup:

I hate Florence and her generic music, but this song is such a breath of fresh air and fits perfectly on Joanne. I love it.  I think Adele for example would've been a much better choice tbh.

KarmaPolice
Just now, Debaser said:

I hate Florence and her generic music, but this song is such a breath of fresh air and fits perfectly on Joanne. I love it.  I think Adele for example would've been a much better choice tbh.

No no no. This song NEEDS Florence, it's like it was crafted for her. Her angelic high voice fits like heaven here!

Helxig

My impression during first listen:

Oh this is interesting! Those 70's synths.

I actually like their voices together and I love how it's like a conversation between them.

Oh I love the electronic sounds and the... harp?

Wow this song feels so throwback and quite experimental! I actually really like it! :wub:

The message behind this song is so important too.

Oh the instrumental breakdown :wub: it goes up up up UP UP UP UP UP, DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN down down down down down.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived