other

"Come to Mama" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kristylovesgaga

This song is my favorite  (John Wayne is a close second). I hear a mixture of solo John Lennon and Sheena Easton (9 to 5 morning train- google it if you don't know it... not to be confused with Dolly Patron's 9 to 5).   

Queen Gloria

I'm sorry, but this song makes me really emotional. I feel like it speaks to us on so many levels, but most people are treating it like some cheesy 60s pop song because of the production. Read the lyrics to Come To Mama and imagine it as a ballad like Speechless or Joanne, then tell me those lyrics are freakin' genius. 

I feel like she's referencing herself both as Mother Monster, and as a shoulder to cry on. A tough 50s/60s "mama" like she's in a biker gang who will kick someone's ass if they hurt her man or child. It brings out her protective nature, while also referencing people's ideologies. She's brings up religion, and the lyric "Why do we gotta tell each other how to live?" is brilliant. It could apply to so many things - racism, homophobia, sexism, religion, etc. 

To me it's the most relatable song on the album. The lyrics blow me away, mixed with the infectious, joyous early 60s pop beat. You can't go wrong with Come To Yasss Mawmaw. 

I'm desperate for it to be a single/video/performances. 

Please, Gaga, if you see this, make Come To Mama a single from Joanne. I think it's a really important song to her, she mentioned it a few times in interviews. If the single is handled/promoted right, it could potentially become one of her greatest hits. There's Meghan Trainor, but mostly no one is doing that 60s doo wop sound on the radio right now. It has a strong message of accepting others' differences and the concept of "live and let live." While also being protective and saying "If you don't let my lover/child/fans believe what they want, I'm coming for you." I think most of y'all are missing the deeper meanings of the lyrics because you're too caught up and going "EWW, I DON'T LIKE 60S MUSIC". Almost just brought a tear to my own damn eye writing this, I should win a Nobel prize for this sh*t. 

Sorcerer
59 minutes ago, PrisonOfTheMind said:

I'm sorry, but this song makes me really emotional. I feel like it speaks to us on so many levels, but most people are treating it like some cheesy 60s pop song because of the production. Read the lyrics to Come To Mama and imagine it as a ballad like Speechless or Joanne, then tell me those lyrics are freakin' genius. 

I feel like she's referencing herself both as Mother Monster, and as a shoulder to cry on. A tough 50s/60s "mama" like she's in a biker gang who will kick someone's ass if they hurt her man or child. It brings out her protective nature, while also referencing people's ideologies. She's brings up religion, and the lyric "Why do we gotta tell each other how to live?" is brilliant. It could apply to so many things - racism, homophobia, sexism, religion, etc. 

To me it's the most relatable song on the album. The lyrics blow me away, mixed with the infectious, joyous early 60s pop beat. You can't go wrong with Come To Yasss Mawmaw. 

Please, Gaga, if you see this, make Come To Mama a single from Joanne. I think it's a really important song to her, she mentioned it a few times in interviews. If the single is handled/promoted right, it could potentially become one of her greatest hits. There's Meghan Trainor, but mostly no one is doing that 60s doo wop sound on the radio right now. It has a strong message of accepting others' differences and the concept of "live and let live." While also being protective and saying "If you don't let my lover/child/fans believe what they want, I'm coming for you." I think most of y'all are missing the deeper meanings of the lyrics because you're too caught up and going "EWW, I DON'T LIKE 60S MUSIC". Almost just brought a tear to my own damn eye writing this, I should win a Nobel prize for this sh*t. 

This. :giveup:

I did not really comprehend the lyrics that much at the start but it is the best song on Joanne imo in my first listen. I never thought it was deep. I loved it even more.

It is one of the songs with her best vocals in this album. The falsetto. The high notes. The screams. The nurturing come to mama voice.

Song is giving me all the Lennon and Elton realness I need. Superior gaga song. Definitely best song on the album and could be one of her greatest of her career. 

Joshie S

I think it's absolutely beautiful. 

The fact we call her "Mother Monster", and she literally makes a song called "Come To Mama", with lyrics basically....SINGING right to us..... Could you all imagine her singing this beautiful creation to us at the ball?

This song is her message to us to stop fighting with each other, and not just us Monsters, the world....

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Tommy Monster
2 hours ago, PrisonOfTheMind said:

Amen :diane:

13 hours ago, Kermit the frog said:

Gayest song on the album. Too much for me but gays will use.

Sounds kinda christmasy.

YES giving me cleaning house and decorating christmas tree teas

This song is amazing, the lyrics and the message, the world needs this song ASAP.

I love that the song has a christmasy vibe to it, in that way I can listen to it on Christmas without my parents complaining that much about always just listening to Gaga <3

it makes me feel glamorous like im walking down the NY streets in my fur coat in winter time and spinning around, like in movie

imma cut a bitch

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived