💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga's Sexist Subtext

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga
Just now, RocketNumber8 said:

I would never brush off sexism as a light hearted joke if it was REAL sexism. I grew up in a very sexist country believe me, I do not take it as a joke AT ALL. It's just that I don't see sexism in what she said :)

i know she doesn't mean any harm...but she does not realize how harmful her words really are.  and clearly neither do a lot of people on this forum, which scares me because we need to be the generation that puts a stop to the ignorance. 

♥ Kindness Police.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heavymetall0v3r
Just now, SISTERV said:

They all COMBINED haven't done as much as Gaga for equal rights.

Of course we would come for them more. 

Miley I might not come for though because of Happy Hippie.

But if Katy or Justin ever tried it, yes I would come for them. It's context. 

Uhhhhhh nope, not gunna accept that sorry.

Gaga isnt allowed a free pass because she's stood for gay rights in the past.

Try again

The angriest twink on GagaDaily.

PassTheTime
20 minutes ago, Chic said:

Considering throughout this promo era she's been talking about her producers as if she was eternally grateful that men would bother to work with her, it's not sexist. She's been talking borderline "YES MASTA, YES MASTA. LET ME COOK FOR YOU, MY MASTA"

I noticed that too with the phrase "they accepted me in the boys club" .......like WTF is such a big deal. She sometimes exaggerates with her modesty ,really , she didn't even realise how good she is.

Gracious Gaga
4 minutes ago, SISTERV said:

They all COMBINED haven't done as much as Gaga for equal rights.

Of course we would come for them more. 

Miley I might not come for though because of Happy Hippie.

But if Katy or Justin ever tried it, yes I would come for them. It's context. 

holy **** are you kidding me.  just because its gaga, does not make it acceptable.  

these delusional fans holy ****

♥ Kindness Police.

Born To Slay
Just now, GagaInArt said:

I noticed that too with the phrase "they accepted me in the boys club" .......like WTF is such a big deal. She sometimes exaggerates with her modesty ,really , she didn't even realise how good she is.

I notice this too and it bothers me, it sends a bad message to her young female fans. You should expect to be treated like an equal, I know Gaga has had bad experiences with producers in the past but she must know she's worth more then she's making it seem.

2 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

i know she doesn't mean any harm...but she does not realize how harmful her words really are.  and clearly neither do a lot of people on this forum, which scares me because we need to be the generation that puts a stop to the ignorance. 

I'm totally with you on the need to stop ignorance, but like you said she didn't mean any harm, so to answer to the title of the thread... no, she isn't sexist in the slightest imho :)

The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes

Gaga has said some off-the-mark **** before, but I don't think it's ever been her intention to cause anyone grief tbh. She's learning and growing in an age where saying even something slightly offensive can kill your image; and while she still has work to do (don't we all tbh), I think overall she's transformed dramatically since 2008. Unlearning what society has harmfully instilled in you is tough and strenuous work, especially so in the public eye.

❤ x ❤

28 minutes ago, stela said:

yah you pretty much right, but at the end of the day shes a straight girl so... judge her nicely, gagz is cool and more intelligent and informed than most

she's bisexual

Born To Slay
5 minutes ago, PaperIz said:

tumblr_meort4lQlB1qhgj0co1_500.gif

Everyone nowadays is too sensative.

No they're not, people are just speaking out about what they've always wanted too but didn't think they could.

3 minutes ago, GagaInArt said:

DIdn't she say somewhere that male artists are treated better in the music industry?I think that i might be an Acceptance Speech or smthg

STREAM LEGENDARY ON HBO MAX

Speechless94

She's talking about her father and Mark who are hetero normative, straight men. Im sure she's speaking about the experience they all had, the way they would want it to be reflective via her. She said "manly" almost as if she catches herself and doesn't want to offend THEM. This entire statement is about THEM. She isn't speaking about a broader context of people. 

It would be different if she were speaking about fans or other people. But it's in the context of the experience the three of them had. And two of those people are heteronormative men 

Gracious Gaga
Just now, Sebs said:

I think she was just joking tbh. Like she consciously said 'manly crying' as a joke.

not something to joke about.  not acceptable.

♥ Kindness Police.

Frankenztein
9 minutes ago, heavymetall0v3r said:

OH SHUT UP. If Justin, or Katy, or Miley run ANYONE ELSE MADE SUCH A LIGHTHEARTED JOKE YOU WOULD ALL COME FOR THEM.

SOOOOOO OVER this Fanbases double-standardised, bitchy and non-substantial counter arguments to any thread that DARES oppose Lady Gaga.

If Justin, Katy, Miley, or anyone else used a harmless phrase like "manly tears" pretty sure most people wouldn't care enough to even notice, let alone make a big fuss about it. I know I for one couldn't care less just like I don't care at all that Gaga said it...

Personally I'm SOOOOOOOO OVER this fanbase nitpicking and over-scrutinizing every single word Gaga says, or every little thing she does. She's a human who's learning through her experiences just like everybody else.  No one is being DARING by fine combing Gaga for every tiny flaw. A better word for that is PETTY. 

Archived