💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga's Sexist Subtext

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, Born To Slay said:

I agree with the op tbh, the phrases "man up" and "grow some balls" have always made me feel uncomfortable. They do promote gender roles and Gaga shouldn't use them. 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HUMANITY.

♥ Kindness Police.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gracious Gaga said:

did y'all read the OP

looks like ur the generation that will brush off sexism and considerate to be a "light hearted joke"

y'all need to understand that some people are not aware of their issues regarding political correction.  Lady Gaga clearly is not.

Then go tweet her or Bobby about it! 

heavymetall0v3r

OH SHUT UP. If Justin, or Katy, or Miley run ANYONE ELSE MADE SUCH A LIGHTHEARTED JOKE YOU WOULD ALL COME FOR THEM.

SOOOOOO OVER this Fanbases double-standardised, bitchy and non-substantial counter arguments to any thread that DARES oppose Lady Gaga.

The angriest twink on GagaDaily.

Morphine Prince

I understand what you're talking about perfectly, but quite honestly you seem to be overreacting to this. 

You must understand a lot of lingo and sayings cultures have are hetero normative and sexist, HOWEVER, they have become so common that they're harmless. 

The truth is masculinity is very fragile. A lot of men are afraid of appearing "weak"

I think I'm in the minority of men who just lives and doesn't get too worked up about gender roles. I'm like any other guy but I acknowledge why as a man my behavior has been conditioned by gender roles :shrug: 

Decodekid

I also noticed in some perfect illusion interviews how she talks about that she feels greatful that she was treated right because she was working with boys

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, heavymetall0v3r said:

OH SHUT UP. If Justin, or Katy, or Miley run ANYONE ELSE MADE SUCH A LIGHTHEARTED JOKE YOU WOULD ALL COME FOR THEM.

SOOOOOO OVER this Fanbases double-standardised, bitchy and non-substantial counter arguments to any thread that DARES oppose Lady Gaga.

quoting this because the people in the back need to hear it.

♥ Kindness Police.

Head Empty

She has had more shortsighted moments where she applies some pretty "traditional" stereotypes that don't really hold up with reality :sweat: (like when talking about gay men as opposed to straight men). I'm sure she doesn't see the harm in it and only has the best of intentions, but sometimes it does come across a little ignorant - especially for someone who is considered a leader in the equality movement.

HEARTHUNTER

Like, how can you call her out for something so unimportant and completely meaningless. This poor woman is scrutinized for everything by her own fanbase, let her do her thing, she'll eventually learn from her mistakes.

Pharamon
17 minutes ago, Spanish Eyes said:

Translation: "I am uncomfortable with views that challenge my heteronormative image of society, so I'd rather have a misogynistic white supremacist in office instead of actually trying to better understand the issue."

Wow...so people can't have different views nowadays? You are the only one that is right? He/she just said ''a little part of me'' and you throw **** at him like he said that every gay man or idk female deserved to be treated like ****...eh ggd

3 minutes ago, heavymetall0v3r said:

They all COMBINED haven't done as much as Gaga for equal rights.

Of course we would come for them more. 

Miley I might not come for though because of Happy Hippie.

But if Katy or Justin ever tried it, yes I would come for them. It's context. 

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, Totodile said:

She has had more shortsighted moments where she applies some pretty "tradiotional" stereotypes that don't really hold up with reality :sweat: (like when talking about gay men as opposed to straight men). I'm sure she doesn't see the harm in it and only has the best of intentions, but sometimes it does come across a little ignorant - especially for someone who is considered a leader in the equality movement.

THANK YOU.  thats what I'm saying.  i know she doesn't mean any harm...but she does not realize how harmful her words really are.  and clearly neither do a lot of people on this forum, which scares me because we need to be the generation that puts a stop to the ignorance. :hug:

how do some of you fans here not understand that??

♥ Kindness Police.

3 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

did y'all read the OP

looks like ur the generation that will brush off sexism and considerate to be a "light hearted joke"

y'all need to understand that some people are not aware of their issues regarding political correction.  Lady Gaga clearly is not.

I would never brush off sexism as a light hearted joke if it was REAL sexism. I grew up in a very sexist country believe me, I do not take it as a joke AT ALL. It's just that I don't see sexism in what she said :)

The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes

Born To Slay
2 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HUMANITY.

You're very welcome, I remember being in elementary school and I was told to man up by my peers for tearing up in class, or when I was told "man up" because I was supposed to bring the laundry into the spider infested basement and I'm afraid of spiders. It's because I'm boy society doesn't care that I'm uncomfortable or socially anxious or whatever, they say "man up". MAYBE I DONT WANNA!!  MAYBE THEY SHOULD LEAVE ME ALONE!!! Carry your own ****ing laundry. Shut the **** up. LEAVE ME ALONE SOCIETY! I just want some peace.

No to the first bit about crying. She was joking about the guys being old-fashioned masculine (which is perfectly fine) and playfully mocking it. "Got balls" is sexist as a technicality and I think in time will be phased out, but I don't think it was a huge deal. 

Basically with all these kind of things you've got to look at the intention and impact. This was a light hearted joke that offends no-one, and wasn't intended to imply that showing emotion isn't masculine. It's a total non-issue in my view.

Archived