Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga's Sexist Subtext

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga
3 hours ago, Zaza said:

shes from NY :poot: derp

I'm aware lol I live on the upper east side of Manhattan as well..

♥ Kindness Police.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gracious Gaga
4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I can't believe this is still going 32 pages later.

I'm a woman, a proud feminist and don't support gender roles...and I don't see anything wrong with what she's saying. Have you ever heard of the phrase "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar?" I'd highly suggest that you don't over-analyse this stuff too much or it'll drive you insane one day. I've got OCD and anxiety, I should know. It would depress me no end if all I thought about all day were the problems women face, for example (much as I like discussing them, obsessing over them isn't going to happen). Overly obsessing over stuff like this isn't healthy. Telling yourself that you are right to obsess over it is even more unhealthy.

Hi, thank you.  I appreciate your advice and concern for me in regards to health anxiety, stress, and depression.  That is very kind of you and definitely something that I will take into action from here on out!  While I truly don't spend each and everyday obsessing over this, when something triggering comes up, however, I will speak out about it.

Please be aware of the millions of people who actually are negatively impacted by society in this exact way and never end up finding the strength to pay no mind to it and sometimes take their lives because they don't ever feel stable in today's society.   All I dream to do is make the world a safer place for people like that- and I think you and I both know those people exist everywhere.  And I am not someone who is going to brush that off as "no big deal, there's bigger issues in the world"...I am aware of many different issues in the world, please understand that- but today's thread is about this one in particular. 

If someone here supplied evidence as to why society is better off keeping these types of sexually objectifying and stereotyping and classifying phrases, then I would consider those opposing views to be more valid and a conversation worth having..but if people are only going to disagree/tell me I'm wrong solely because they feel I'm "obsessive" or "overthinking" or "too sensitive"...that's not really what my argument is about, and I personally don't think it is a strong or convincing counter argument on their behalf (in regards to the issue discussed in OP). While yes I do appreciate your advice up here, it doesn't really counter my objective).  

♥ Kindness Police.

HowIsSheTho
4 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Hi, thank you.  I appreciate your advice and concern for me in regards to health anxiety, stress, and depression.  That is very kind of you and definitely something that I will take into action from here on out!  While I truly don't spend each and everyday obsessing over this, when something triggering comes up, however, I will speak out about it.

Please be aware of the millions of people who actually are negatively impacted by society in this exact way and never end up finding the strength to pay no mind to it and sometimes take their lives because they don't ever feel stable in today's society.   All I dream to do is make the world a safer place for people like that.  And I think you and I both know those people exist everywhere.  And I am not someone who is going to brush that off as "no big deal, there's bigger issues in the world"...I am aware of many different issues in the world, please understand that.  But today's thread is about this one in particular. 

If someone here supplied evidence as to why society is better off keeping these types of sexually objectifying and stereotyping and classifying phrases, then I would consider those opposing views to be more valid and a conversation worth having..but if people are only going to disagree/tell me I'm wrong solely because they feel I'm "obsessive" or "overthinking" or "too sensitive"...that's not really what my argument is about, and I personally don't think it is a strong or convincing counter argument on their behalf.

If you want the world to be a better place then why not go spread that message on some other platform. I think GagaDaily got your message, like LOUD AND CLEAR. We got it, girl. WE GOT IT.:saladga: 

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, HowIsSheTho said:

If you want the world to be a better place then why not go spread that message on some other platform. I think GagaDaily got your message, like LOUD AND CLEAR. We got it, girl. WE GOT IT.:saladga: 

Yay I'm glad you get it now!!:)

♥ Kindness Police.

HowIsSheTho
Just now, Gracious Gaga said:

Yay I'm glad you get it now!!:)

No. I really don't even reading the OP, the message in there and what you say in the comments don't correlate at all... OH, AT ALL...

0FITjhf.gif

If anything, it just furthered the idea that SJWs are only really concerned in finding people that agree with them and not really listening to anything else

Born To Slay
20 minutes ago, HowIsSheTho said:

No. I really don't even reading the OP, the message in there and what you say in the comments don't correlate at all... OH, AT ALL...

0FITjhf.gif

If anything, it just furthered the idea that SJWs are only really concerned in finding people that agree with them and not really listening to anything else

The op and comments correlate just fine, he raises important issues

Gracious Gaga
25 minutes ago, HowIsSheTho said:

0FITjhf.gif

I'm sorry, but I beg to differ, they do correlate actually.  I know what I am focused on it is channeled through every comment here.  Through all of the people who have responded here, I am not looking for someone to agree with me, but for someone to put up a strong counter argument against my objective and give evidence as to why society would be better off staying the way it currently is in regards to using phrases that are sexually objectifying, stereotyping and such, and nobody here has even ATTEMPTED to do that.  People here have either supported my objective, or, only immediately shot down my objective with a comment like "you're overthinking", failing to even further discuss why my objective will not make society better for ALL (not just you, but ALL).

And to be honest, the fact that that has not happened yet, and no attempts have been made actually speaks VOLUMES to me and only further emphasizes the importance of my message.

♥ Kindness Police.

HowIsSheTho
Just now, Born To Slay said:

The op and comments correlate just fine, he raises important issues

important issues TO YOU, and the handful of other people that agreed... And I beg to differ, lol. But that is simply a difference of opinion.

Gracious Gaga
10 minutes ago, HowIsSheTho said:

important issues TO YOU, and the handful of other people that agreed... And I beg to differ, lol. But that is simply a difference of opinion.

Well, can you tell us how this is in anyway harmful to you?  How does my desire of wanting to improve society's education on gender stereotyping HURT you?  Because there are lots of people who are hurt by the ignorance and stubbornness in society.  If you don't agree, and have no ability to tell us why the world would not be a better place if my objective was achieved, and if you're only here to tell me i'm overthinking, why are you here?  To put others down, or something?  You must understand, we're simply fighting for justice.  You seem be fighting against it.  If you have an opposing opinion, it does not mean you should go and put a fork in our road, because i still don't understand how it is causing any harm to you.........

Even if you can't relate to these issues, or they're not important to you, as a member in society, it would be helpful to at least be aware, respectful, and considerate of others and the daily issues they have to face.  Telling somebody they're too sensitive or over analyzing is not proactive at all.  

♥ Kindness Police.

HowIsSheTho
11 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

I'm sorry, but I beg to differ, they do correlate actually.  I know what I am focused on it is channeled through every comment here.  Through all of the people who have responded here, I am not looking for someone to agree with me, but for someone to put up a strong counter argument against my objective and give evidence as to why society would be better off staying the way it currently is in regards to using phrases that are sexually objectifying, stereotyping and such, and nobody here has even ATTEMPTED to do that.  People here have either supported my objective, or, only immediately shot down my objective with a comment like "you're overthinking", failing to even further discuss why my objective will not make society better for ALL (not just you, but ALL).

And to be honest, the fact that that has not happened yet, and no attempts have been made actually speaks VOLUMES to me and only further emphasizes the importance of my message.

No, not really. Not at all. This post started as just asking if Gaga was being Sexist. That is when people said that you were overthinking it, and then you went and edited it to add your whole background and say that these words are hurtful. This started as a conversation about what SHE said. Which is why people are disagreeing with you. It just comes off as if as soon as people disagreed with you you suddenly had to drag in a whole personal story, and even then people disagreed. So when you try to turn your whole argument around and make it about how it affected YOU, and then how it affected others, when it started with a post about something that GAGA said, that it why there are people "shooting you down"

Gracious Gaga
1 minute ago, HowIsSheTho said:

No, not really. Not at all. This post started as just asking if Gaga was being Sexist. That is when people said that you were overthinking it, and then you went and edited it to add your whole background and say that these words are hurtful. This started as a conversation about what SHE said. Which is why people are disagreeing with you. It just comes off as if as soon as people disagreed with you you suddenly had to drag in a whole personal story, and even then people disagreed. So when you try to turn your whole argument around and make it about how it affected YOU, and then how it affected others, when it started with a post about something that GAGA said, that it why there are people "shooting you down"

I understand how my OP was not very clear at first, and i do apologize for any confusion you have faced!

♥ Kindness Police.

HowIsSheTho
5 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Well, can you tell us how this is in anyway harmful to you?  How does my desire of wanting to improve society's education on gender stereotyping HURT you?  Because there are lots of people who are hurt by the ignorance and stubbornness in society.  If you don't agree, and have no ability to tell us why the world would not be a better place if my objective was achieved, and if you're only here to tell me i'm overthinking, why are you here?  To put others down, or something?  You must understand, we're simply fighting for justice.  You seem be fighting against it.  If you have an opposing opinion, it does not mean you should go and put a fork in our road, because i still don't understand how it is causing any harm to you.........

There is no opposing opinion on my side.... You took a quick side comment by an artist and turned it into your personal vendetta against the world and how wrongfully it treats people. The thing is that you compared her saying "manly tears" and compared it to someone calling something retarded.... Do you not see the difference between the two? 

It has nothing to do with the fact that the world wouldn't be better without any "sexually objectifying terms". Or that people disagree with the message that you are trying to send. But this started over "manly cries" and "grow some balls". Do you not see how you jumped out of the window?

It's like you want a pity party or something. jeez

On 10/1/2016 at 0:46 PM, Gracious Gaga said:

I would now like to preface this post with some personal insight as to why I feel the way I feel about phrases like the ones Gaga (and many other people) uses at times:  Growing up as a gay boy, I faced a lot of prejudicial treatment because, in many close minded people's eyes, my personality didn't seem to match up with my gender.  I wasn't like most boys.  I didn't find girls sexually attractive, didn't like sports, action heroes, or other things typically associated to be designed for boys.  I was always on the softer side, sensitive, and I tended to be interested in things that were typically associated to be for girls.  People would call me a sissy.  Today I can ask, was I really a sissy though?  Or does society have it engrained in their mind that people like me are?  Back then, that would make me feel like there was something wrong with me...it would make me feel like I wasn't a real "boy", like I was less than, like I didn't fit in, and like I needed to change.  I felt like in order to fit in that I had to be a product of society and be "manly" and tough and strong and just something I truly wasn't.  So, I never really felt comfortable being myself.  SO OFTEN I would hear people tell me "boys don't cry" or been told I need to "man up, have some balls" and for a very long time I felt that I had to suppress my emotions and hide them due to the fear of showing potential signs of weakness.  However, today now I know I was never weak.  I was just human and I felt things EVERYBODY feels regardless of gender but BECAUSE of my gender, I felt obliged to go about expressing my emotions in an unauthentic way.  The reason for this thread is because I dream of a world were no boy, or girl, ever has to grow up living under the influence of such stupid phrases, sayings, or expressions.  To some, this may not be a real issue, but for others you never know how deep words can cut.

A lot of people on this thread are coming off as very anti supportive of my hopes for a better future in society.  I'm not doing anything wrong or harmful, no intentions of hurting anyone or to deflate anyone's dreams.  It actually feels like many people here are making fun of me and trying to belittle me here. In my opinion, such a person is the exact representation of everything lady gaga probably wouldn't have wanted her fans to treat others during the BTW era.  Hopefully one day we can live in peace.

Please remember this post is not completely directed towards and ONLY about what Lady Gaga has said, but a reflection of issues in ALL of society.

We get it you're a fem gay. Doesn't mean you have to project your insecurities onto others.

Anyway don't you think it was obvious that Gaga was joking and being sarcastic? And don't you think that people aren't as ignorant enough to think that boys don't cry as well as girls?

Get over it, boo! Way too sensitive.

SilkSpectre0

I really can't believe the amount of people on gaga daily who hold transphobic, homophobic or misogynistic views. I can't believe there are people on gaga daily using 'SJW' as an insult. It used to only be asshole conservatives who thought the concept of social justice was a waste of time. Gaga wouldn't exist today if it wasn't for the work of others in creating a more equal society that has inspired her and yet there's people here who don't see equality between men and women/eradicating transphobia and homophobia as important. Do you know who you Stan? 

SilkSpectre0
5 hours ago, HowIsSheTho said:

I'd say gender roles affect the whole of society so you're wrong there. It's actually a handful of people who are privileged enough to not be harmed by them so if that's you enjoy but please just leave the rest of us to talk about it. 

Archived