Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Interscope treating Joanne as a "debut indie record" - dont expect big hits

Creyk

Featured Posts

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really isn't a bad approach. The problem is she is Lady Gaga and people will not accept this. She will be tarred and feathered as usual.

AquaFire Witch

I can't believe I just watched it!

It was a perfect ILLUSION!

A mirage!

It's been so long...........did I really just watch a new Gaga video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :giveup:

aaronyoji
On 9/18/2016 at 0:33 PM, Creyk said:

Totally true. But it's not just my opinion, but the opinion of 95 ppl from 100.

Why else would it be doing so poorly on the charts, it did not get a single green update since the day it came out, and it is continually dropping on spotify. If it was a good song, this wouldn't happen. You just like it because it's Gaga. Most of us want more than that.

thats not true tho?? so you're saying that chainsmokers song is good, because its at the top of the charts? or that god awful carly rae jepson song with the car horn in it?? there no logic to your post. 

aaronyoji
On 9/20/2016 at 9:08 AM, Creyk said:

tell 'em!

We seriously need a thread EXPLAINING to the members of GGD why commercial success is crucial because most of them do not get it. we had 2 gaga videos in the last 4 years and the newest one dropping one seems to be a low-budget simplistic underwhelming not-up-to-her-standards dissatisfying product and we deserve better than that!

1: that isn't how it works. you guys have built this slippery-slope mindset about commercial success and what it means for the other aspects of an artist's content. real indie acts (i.e no radio support, don't do many tv appearances) like bjork or fka twigs still release pretty lofty, beautiful and highly creative content. so that shatters your whole argument. 

2: do you guys really deserve better? like do you guys really think you do?? it seems a lot of you have been criticizing her since ARTPOP, is that really deserving of anything? also, why is it up to her to give you something? all her other albums have been directed at fans and look where its gotten her-more criticism. Joanne is about her, her family, her soul for once. it doesn't revolve around making "club bangers" or "bops" 

On 9/18/2016 at 10:53 PM, PropaGaga said:

And that's fine! I don't really care. I share what I'm given and that's really it. People want to say I'm innacurate without any solid proof, well I've laid out some proof of my own. Aside from me incorrectly denying she had visited Z100 last month, there's really not much people can hang on me when it comes to being wrong. I'm not looking for a pat on the back, but I would love if the unnecessary hate and false statements that get thrown my way would let up just a bit.

I've followed you on twitter for years. Haters need to back the **** OFF. :awesome::hug:

worship to the land a girl from the planet

PropaGaga
On 9/20/2016 at 11:01 AM, Justinn said:

Well, this is the last album under her contract with Interscope. So A.) They are saving money and not promoting the album to not build up her image even further incase she bounces to somewhere like Columbia or Capitol. or B.) They want her to feel as comfortable as possible so she will re-sign with them. 

She's already renewed and renegotiated a new deal on her terms! :rockstar:

AquaFire Witch
On 9/19/2016 at 1:20 PM, Mythos said:

All this drama about singles, charts and performances is getting so exhausting, it's like everywhere.

Why is it so important for you all that she slays the charts? She has established herself, let her do her thing, and we should just enjoy the music. As long as we get new music, videos and a tour i am happy!

I completely agree. Gaga for whatever reason has decided to go against the waves, not ride on them. I commend her for this. She will always have her hardcore fan base and I think will still be able to catch the attention from the mainstream because she is a talented and a creative force.

I say just let the cards fall where they may. It's her career and she's in control. She's now using the word NO and if it has consequences I think she understands what that entails. She is healthy and happy and that makes me happy for her!

Archived