Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lana Del Rey

Gia

Featured Posts

I'm waiting for reviews from the relevant and reputable publications. :coffee:

This. :coffee:

And I love Carmen. :legend:

Ditto. They need to get over it.

Seems like the same people/blogs that hyped her are now complaining that she is hyped too much/her lips are too big/ the album was rushed/ her liver performances suck/ she has no talent/ she's a label creation.

I don't see how you can be call a label creation when 90% of the artist of todays release **** generic music. What she did is fresh and great. She is talented.

I really don't understand. How can Rihanna get away with her S-H-I-T-T-Y rushed album and a newcomers like Lana get bashed for her awesome work of art.

Edited by _Lam

I don't see how you can be call a label creation with 90% of the artist of todays release **** generic music. What she did is fresh and great. She is talented.

I really don't understand. And can Rihanna get away with her S-H-I-T-T-Y rushed album and a newcomers like Lana get bashed for her awesome work of art.

:tea:

it must have been so much easier to break onto the scene before the internet came into play

I find her to be so confusing, I love the simplicity and the way her lyrics are so literal. Some songs though, are as if she was singing from the point of view of a 16 yr old highschool b---h, and I type that in the nicest possible way. I love her voice, the album is very good. and well, its different.

Dark Paradise on repeat for years to come tbqh.

:tea:

it must have been so much easier to break onto the scene before the internet came into play

Is that you on the avatar ? You are quite cute if so.

So far I'm at my third listen and I really like : National Anthem, Dark Paradise and Summertime Sadness

Edited by _Lam

Is that you on the avatar? You are quite cute if so.

So far I'm at my third listen and I really like : National Anthem, Dark Paradise and Summertime Sadness

Yes indeed it is... thank you

Summertime Sadness :heart:

Wolf Boy

I'll wait for the huge amount of reviews from major publications around THE WORLD [not just the U.S. where they seem to ****ing hate her guts] to see how critics take the album.

So far all we have is SLANT MAGAZINE, and they gave it a 4/5. They also didn't harp on about stupid **** like her Dad or her face, they just talked about the damn album as a final product.

All the others have indeed been blogs who used to support her and now can't stand her for whatever stupid "hipster" reason. You can tell by how the reviews have been written with all the nasty jibes in them. It's not needed.

The response from fans and even NON fans [not haters] online has been ASTOUNDING. People are connecting VERY strongly to the album, they LOVE it. I just can't fathom an album with that sort of response from so many people being met with only BAD reviews. Makes no damn sense. I'll wait and see, not that it matters i guess, i still love the album and so do many others. I don't know how many times i've read "first time in years i'm actually buying a record" after hearing BTD from people.

This is a post from PoJustice that i think sums up these early reviews from blogs perfectly....

I refuse to even consider any of the criticism that she receives until male artists are put under the same kind of scrutiny. Why do people care so much that her rich dad may have helped her fund her career? No one seems to give a **** that people like Mark Ronson come from extremely wealthy and influential families. It's so easy for people to reduce a female artist's success to money, and ignore the obvious, abundant talent.

Or perhaps until the indie press starts to question the authenticity of Sante Fe, New Mexico born Zachary Francis Condon from the band Beirut - an American band that appropriates the music from the Balkans and other world regions into their sound. Somehow, that never raises questions of authenticity.

That Stereogum article is so predictable and boring. To kind of reiterate, Mr. PJ's brillaint front page article - their indie darling turned out to actually be a pop star so in an attempt to preserve their reputation, now they claim that the reason that she sucks is - gasp - because she's been ruined by a major label. She was actually only good when they championed her music. They all look like fools in my eyes.

I'll wait for the huge amount of reviews from major publications around THE WORLD [not just the U.S. where they seem to ****ing hate her guts] to see how critics take the album.

So far all we have is SLANT MAGAZINE, and they gave it a 4/5. They also didn't harp on about stupid **** like her Dad or her face, they just talked about the damn album as a final product.

All the others have indeed been blogs who used to support her and now can't stand her for whatever stupid "hipster" reason. You can tell by how the reviews have been written with all the nasty jibes in them. It's not needed.

The response from fans and even NON fans [not haters] online has been ASTOUNDING. People are connecting VERY strongly to the album, they LOVE it. I just can't fathom an album with that sort of response from so many people being met with only BAD reviews. Makes no damn sense. I'll wait and see, not that it matters i guess, i still love the album and so do many others. I don't know how many times i've read "first time in years i'm actually buying a record" after hearing BTD from people.

This is a post from PoJustice that i think sums up these early reviews from blogs perfectly....

:worship:

I think I just read the wrong review. You are right, the big one aren't how right now.

I really don't see how this album can get this kind of review.

Edited by _Lam