Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lana Del Rey

Gia

Featured Posts

So what are everyone's favorite songs from the album ? I'm going to download and give it a listen to see what the buzz is all about.

TIWMUG, NA and OTTR

Since when did Radio start with "Not even rain and stormy nights"? I thought it was, "Not even they can stop me now"? :confused:

So what are everyone's favorite songs from the album ? I'm going to download and give it a listen to see what the buzz is all about.

Radio >>> Life.

display name

My favorites are as follows, in order:

"Born to Die,"

"Dark Paradise,"

"Summertime Sadness,"

"This Is What Makes Us Girls,"

"National Anthem."

I like it a lot. I'm probably in the minority here but I like her voice in the upper register more than in her lower one. I don't know why but this album just sounds like Las Vegas to me. I know she's described her as a "gangsta Nancy Sinatra" and I can totally hear that. Sometimes I'd add "on tranquilizers" on her slower, lower songs. Her lyrics are not terribly insightful but do a great job of painting a picture, and a slice of life. I really like the incorporation of hip hop beats, classic torch song melodies, and orchestral sounds. Her melodies can get a bit repetitive but not often enough to really detract.

Born to Die - 8/10 - Strong melody, nice kind of hip hop beat with orchestral elements, definitely sets the mood for the album and her general vibe.

Off to the Races - 9/10 - A stand out for me. The chorus is incredibly catchy, I love the "kept-woman, daddy, two ****ty golddigging people finding that they actually sort of care about each other but not really" vibe.

Blue Jeans - 6/10 - I know this is a favorite but it doesn't grab me. I like the spaghetti western instrumental aspects and the melody is good but I think the vocals are a little too sloppy for me.

Video Games - 7/10 - Her breakout, liked not loved. It's definitely moody but just a bit too zombie like for me.

Diet Mtn Dew - 8/10 - A nice break from the past two downbeat ones. Catchy, the descending notes of the chorus feel really natural and get you in a nice groove.

National Anthem - 9/10 - Subtly epic, if that even makes sense. Never heard the original demo so I had no comparison.

Dark Paradise - 8/10 - Very pretty, strong melody.

Radio - 9/10 - Definitely a single contender. Catchy, pretty, dirty (but editable for radio), amazing

Carmen - 4/10 - Blegh. Messy

Million Dollar Man - 9/10 - Such a classic torch song.

Summertime Sadness - 7/10 - It's nice but perhaps a bit plodding.

This Is What Makes Us Girls - 8/10 - Nice closer, a good bookend to BTD sonically and thematically.

I'm working the day it comes out. I'll still buy it, I just want it for my workout tomorrow. AHHH! So excited.

How do you workout to this kinda music? :toofunny:

I can't choose a fave. There aren't any weak songs. Still love Blue Jeans and NA. Summertime Sadness. :heart:

How do you workout to this kinda music?

I've worked out to classical music before. :awesome:

Edited by Lungs

How do you workout to this kinda music?

I'm guessing he works out in slow motion to give it a more dramatic effect. :toofunny:

RoadToLove

my tear ducts are the only muscle that get any form of exercise listening to Lana :cry:

Born To Die on a constant loop since this morning. It IS perfection. :legend:

monsterdevotion

I'm guessing he works out in slow motion to give it a more dramatic effect.

omg I'm crying :toofunny:

I'm guessing he works out in slow motion to give it a more dramatic effect.

Lmao

Jamming to Off to the Races :legend: