Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lana Del Rey

Gia

Featured Posts

That video was visually flawless. I think that some artist use shocking imaginery, which work as much as a storyline. And Lana delivers :legend: I think she's going to be successful next year, for sure!

The expression on her face in the church scenes is one of the things that makes the video for me. You can already feel the emotion in the song, but the body language delivered in the video just multiplies it all.

*Gaga + Bennet AD S63W0.jpg

*The video is ****ing amazing! :eek: I'm in love with this ****ing song.

*Thanks ChasingTheGhost for making a status about this.

Wow the video is beautiful :cry: the angles and videography was perfection. The car scene was amazing. She looked stunning, her lips :sara:

What happened in the ending though? I've put it together that he was speeding up the car while they were kissing so they'd die together, and in the crash, he survived but she didn't?

Wolf Boy

Oh **** it, i put my headphones in and secretly watched the video while my boss was in his office lol.

It's very beautifully shot, exactly what i imaged it would be actually, very cinematic wide sweeping camera shots and dramatic imagery like the tigers/church and death shots. Matches the song really, which is so lush in production.

Wow the video is beautiful :cry: the angles and videography was perfection. The car scene was amazing. She looked stunning, her lips :sara:

What happened in the ending though? I've put it together that he was speeding up the car while they were kissing so they'd die together, and in the crash, he survived but she didn't?

I guess the idea for them to die together did go to plan? Perhaps that makes it more tragic?

Wolf Boy

I took her death as being symbolic of the death of her heart because of the ending of the relationship. That's why she's alone in the bed in the hotel, remembering him by her side, and in the distance behind her when she is in her room and her walking alone in the hallway and sitting alone. I don't think either of them died, i just think the shot of her dead in his arms shows what he has done to her, killed her, on the inside.

This is probably a huge stretch, but I feel like the girl/Lana had a fatale disease and was going to die of it at any time. The flowers featured prominently in the video, as well as making up Lana's headdress, remind me of flowers that might decorate a hospital, more specifically hospice. The gown she wears might make one recall a hospital gown, as well, and the bed she's laying in could be equated to her deathbed. So, she decided to die with the love of her life. You can tell she doesn't want to die, but thinks it's best to die the way she wants to, in the hands of someone who truly loves her. Still, that doesn't explain a lot of the things in the video, like the American flag and the lions. I'm still trying to piece everything together, too.

I took her death as being symbolic of the death of her heart because of the ending of the relationship. That's why she's alone in the bed in the hotel, remembering him by her side, and in the distance behind her when she is in her room and her walking alone in the hallway and sitting alone. I don't think either of them died, i just think the shot of her dead in his arms shows what he has done to her, killed her, on the inside.

Nevermind, this makes perfect sense with the song and the video. :worship: Edited by RabbitDoubt

I love your interpretation, It fits perfectly.

I thought the video was so beautiful and chilling.

This ****ing piece of art burnt my heart.

I can't believe how... fitting this imagery belongs to this song...

Lana is seriously a goddamn genious. My eyes teared up throughout the entire thing.

And as for my interpretation... I think that we could put it like this: He wandered too far in the wild side. She struggled to keep their love between them, and maybe tried to feed it with joy and s-x, but that's what he was into in the first place. It's her who thought it differently.

So when she realised it, was like watching him drive her while high. He didn't care about her, if he did, then he wouldn't be putting her in danger.

The death, as previously said, it's an internal emotional death. He's all alone with her bleeding body. With her body still, but emotionless. No more of her emotions belong to him.

And she rests in her solitude, in her prime, in that kind of... Throne in the middle of that luxurious church.

The church could mean her death, but it could also mean her salvation: Her leaving him.

And the two tigers symbolize a fortress, her defense. She's not letting it happen again, so she's secure now. The tigers would defend her to death.

At least that's how I see it though.

Edited by ShuichiAmy