other

The Chainsmokers: "we're putting out songs everyone copies"

JaneTheC

Featured Posts

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, telephonez said:

They are Dj's that write crappy generic music for teenagers.

And the way they went at Gaga (an industry pillar) just shows how arrogant and piglike they are. 

And to see them continuing to rate themselves as better than everyone else really makes me hate them even more. 

I now refuse to listen to their songs on radio, I hate closer, I hate selfie. They have no musical or artistic integrity and have the gall to call out gaga for not staying at no 1# on the charts. 

I don't wish bad on people but I hope they crash and burn. 15 mins are over.

I mean, they have released 14 singles, in like 3 years? FOURTEEN. and out of 14 singles only 3 have managed to crack Billboards top 10. Out of 14 singles only 1 has managed to be #1.

Out of the first 14 singles Gaga released, 12 are top 10 singles.

They're not even worth our time. Comparing them is literally an insult to Gaga. :toofunny:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

StrawberryBlond

They haven't even got an album album out, despite releasing so many singles. You don't see a bunch of people clamouring for tickets to see them live. You don't see anyone even anyone who's willing to admit that they're a fan of them (when someone doesn't have an album out, it's kinda hard to judge, after all). When an artist starts saying they invented something (especially when they clearly didn't), it's a big sign that the seconds are ticking down on their career, certainly as a big commercial success anyway. It's up to other people to decide if you're good or not, to decide if you started a trend. It's like people who claim to be great lovers. That's for the receiver to decide!

7 minutes ago, MGC said:

Poor them.

It will definitely hurt when their career will be over. In EDM is very difficult to stay relevant: let's just remember how big was Avicii between 2011 and 2013...

Then It was zedd's turn. You can see how it popularity was already decreased by the time true colors came out

Honestly it's just Calvin who has managed to keep and increase his success during these years... plus these chainsmokers arent even good in terms of production and his voice in closer is frankly embarrassing. Not to mention the VMA performance. Halsey is a rookie in the game but next to them she looked like beyonce in terms of presence 😂😂

Very good point. Even Guetta's significantly reduced his success. His next era is going to be really hard for him. And as we saw with Avicii, when an EDM artist attempts something new, it doesn't always go down well. There's good EDM out there but the majority of it is just so disposible and all sounds the same, so it's no wonder that people love it and then leave it. I don't know how Calvin's been the one to survive the curse but he really is the big exception to the rule. There might not be another one like him for a long time. Plus, they're a male duo. Male duos are notoriously difficult to stay relevant. LMFAO, 3OH!3, The Chemical Brothers, Hurts...and that's just the recent ones. the track record isn't good.

Oh please 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

RadioIsOurs

Everyone here says they are going to flop but it doesn't look like their hit song Cancer is going away from the #1 position anytime soon... 

14 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

They haven't even got an album album out, despite releasing so many singles. You don't see a bunch of people clamouring for tickets to see them live. You don't see anyone even anyone who's willing to admit that they're a fan of them (when someone doesn't have an album out, it's kinda hard to judge, after all). When an artist starts saying they invented something (especially when they clearly didn't), it's a big sign that the seconds are ticking down on their career, certainly as a big commercial success anyway. It's up to other people to decide if you're good or not, to decide if you started a trend. It's like people who claim to be great lovers. That's for the receiver to decide!

Very good point. Even Guetta's significantly reduced his success. His next era is going to be really hard for him. And as we saw with Avicii, when an EDM artist attempts something new, it doesn't always go down well. There's good EDM out there but the majority of it is just so disposible and all sounds the same, so it's no wonder that people love it and then leave it. I don't know how Calvin's been the one to survive the curse but he really is the big exception to the rule. There might not be another one like him for a long time. Plus, they're a male duo. Male duos are notoriously difficult to stay relevant. LMFAO, 3OH!3, The Chemical Brothers, Hurts...and that's just the recent ones. the track record isn't good.

About Calvin.. let me say that he has a good intuition about what will gonna work on the market. He has a hit single for each one of his eras, plus he has the right amount of buzz around him about his private life.. first Ellie than Rita Ora and finally the whole Taylor situation...he's recognizable out there, unlike most of the djs.the GP tends to identify the song with the vocalist... but he has a name of his own

Archived