Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Exclusivity Deals promotes Piracy

Akiki

Featured Posts

Dominic

Hardly surprising. These exclusive deals are the true definition of bling not the music. 

I will be extremely dissapointed in Gaga and seriously question her character if she chooses to do an exclusive deal. She's always firmly stated she wants her music to be accessible and this would go against everything I admired her for. 

It needs to be released across all platforms. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pie-kun

Is there any numbers on the average number of illegal downloads a typical popular album gets vs. how much they sell? It's hard to know whether the number is significant unless we have something to compare it to. 

PartySick

I'm certainly not signing up for some service just to listen to music :emma:

I'll pirate it or use YouTube until I see a physical copy in the store, then I'll buy that if I want to. That's the way I roll :staymad:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

FATCAT
6 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I'm certainly not signing up for some service just to listen to music

I'll pirate it or use YouTube until I see a physical copy in the store, then I'll buy that if I want to. That's the way I roll 

Using YouTube to listen to music in this day and age depresses me :rip:

Purr more, hiss less.

Battle 4 Ur Life

that's what I and lots of other users have been warning about.

It's so obvious that it promotes piracy. I actually think it's the only case where it's justified. no one should be forced to do anything. monopolies are soooo 20th century, nobody puts up with that anymore. it's the age of the free market but corporations insist on going backwards. smh.

regarding LG5, I wouldn't mind if it's not gonna be on Spotify because I'm most likely gonna buy it in all formats. But If it was an Apple Music exclusive I wouldn't think twice before downloading it thru torrents or hosts. I'd NEVER gonna subscribe to any (expensive) service for just one or two artists. that's literally paying for something which I'm not gonna use.

stay of out it Gagz!

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Blueskye

If Gaga's album get an exclusive deal I will certainly be disappointed, but I won't blame Gaga like some of you are saying (I like to think) I'm smart enough to know she doesn't have a hand in such things. 

I will always by CDs of the music I care about, I will NEVER sign up to one of these 'services' just out of principal. 

I would much rather send money in an envelope to her address, she deserves the money, why should Apple/Tidal/Spotify get anything! 

PartySick
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

Using YouTube to listen to music in this day and age depresses me :rip:

I'm sorry :emma:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

Redstreak

People who are going to pirate/not buy the album are still going to do so whether there is streaming exclusives or not.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Battle 4 Ur Life
Just now, Werk said:

As much as I love music, I have never and want to buy music. I hate paying for music!!

well you'd hate a lot more if ur favorite artists stopped putting out new records because people who don't like paying for their work.

that's their job do u know? nothing is for free. u should rethink your ways.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

KURUSHITOVSKA
36 minutes ago, HOMODRAKE said:

If you're a broke college kid like myself, it's better to pay 10 bucks a month for unlimited music than to pay like 15 bucks for every album or $1.69 for every song that you like. It's either streaming or pirating for people as broke as I am lol 

I don't have any money too but literally 60% of what I get i spend it on music. I stream of course but the music i like the most, I always try to buy it

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Just now, myCD said:

well you'd hate a lot more if ur favorite artists stopped putting out new records because people who don't like paying for their work.

that's their job do u know? nothing is for free. u should rethink your ways.

I know that of course. I just hate paying.... these exclusives are just terrible :toofunny:

elijahfan

And that's absolutely logical. They're making me laugh so much with their exclusivities, especially since it's so easy to download anything illegally these days. Also, nobody's gonna fight for musical content if it's not easily accessible - I mean, I still haven't seen the Feeling Myself video because I just gave up. From any perspective, it feels to me that they're shooting themselves in the foot with these "strategies" - people will just download illegally, or lose interest in the product altogether.

Archived