💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The Downfall of Ellie Goulding

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

littlepotter
2 hours ago, BabyDory said:

The delirium era was a mess. Poor single choices and awful music videos. Army is a terrible knockoff of LMLYD, and a stupid tour music video for SITWYM really hindered the single, which sucks cause radio loved that song. And the whole re release of the album so quickly on itunes was just, no. 

I like ellie though, hope the next album does better. 

Wtf are those acronyms

chaeri pls

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw her live earlier this year and it was sold out. It was an arena tour in the US. So I think she's doing well. She was great live too!

ReidOne
1 minute ago, Matt said:

I saw her live earlier this year and it was sold out. It was an arena tour in the US. So I think she's doing well. She was great live too!

Agreed, at the end of the day she is doing great! And I'm happy for her (because she is talented). She's just not my cup of tea. But she deserves success. 

And I wish she would have got Ariana's bop "Into You" so at least it would have had half a chance at success :tea:

I can't stand her, there's nothing interesting about this girl, she's just kinda there and that's it.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Xaylan
11 minutes ago, Miky said:

I can't stand her, there's nothing interesting about this girl, she's just kinda there and that's it.

A k a a singer.. Tsk tsk what did you expect? Not everyone's an artist :wtf:

2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Yes I feel like 2013-2016 was a distinct era unto itself. It was all about the 90s revival, "OBEY" shirts, wearing your cap backwards, tying your jacket around your waist, wearing all black, the death of 00s indie rock, the peak and decline of EDM (especially dubstep - remember that?) and a massive glut of oversaturated teen pop stars (Ariana, Meghan, Bieber, Zayn, Puth, Selena, Zendaya, Lorde etc)

Goodbye 2013-mid 2016. Everyone except for Gaga played it safe. Easily the most disposable era in pop since the late 1990s.

I look forward to late 2016-2020 and the next decade. A new era awaits.

Umm, not in my city :laughga:

we were wearing that poor sh*t(obey and cap backwards) in 2011, in 2013 it was already outdated and cringey

wearing jacket around the waist? Since when that was only a 2013-2016 thing? :awkney: 

You cant just put all the things in 3 years timeline... Maybe 2012-2013, 2014-2016-ish but 3 years is too much. 2013 and 2015 are miles apart in every sense

ItsTommyBitch

I only liked "Lights" as far as albums go... that and individual cuts from Halcyon Days and even fewer cuts from Delirium. 

(Love Me Like You Do is still a BOP and it should've gone #1 imo :crossed: )

Her voice can be either incredibly effective or incredibly grating too.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

ReidOne
1 minute ago, chiuga said:

Well, they come and go so no biggie. 

Ready for the next one lol 

aretha-franklin.gif

Delirium is her highest charting album yet. What a downfall. It's funny how Taylor Swift can completely abandon her previous genre and make a straightforward pop album and be praised to no end for it, but Ellie does it WAY better and gets called a sellout :lolga:

Delirium is a quality pop album. It has a good variety of tracks, and in my opinion improves vastly towards the end where it seems she infused a bit more of the classic Ellie sound than the obvious radio singles loaded onto the front end of the album.

also seems like she's already done with her "break" :woohoo:

Can't wait for new jams!! She always has the best productions and her voice is angelic :firega:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Werk

I was considering making a thread about the Delirium era and how I'm so pressed about it because she's not putting any effort but on the bright side at least I get to have some secret bops from the album. I'm p*ssed that she didn't try to push SITWYM up the charts nor put out a new single yet. 

RAMROD

I mean, she is okay, she have never really majorly famous. Her most wellknown song as of now is that Fifty Shades Of Grey soundtrack, Love Me Like You Do.

By majorly famous, I mean really out of this Earth famous, think Adele, Gaga, Rihanna, Madonna, Beyonce kind of famous. To me she is always second tier in Pop Kingdom.

Which means she can always do what she wanna do and not many people will mind that much.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

AlexanderLevi2

Delirium just wasn't that good. There are songs that I like and one that I love (Don't Need Nobody). I tried to listen to the whole thing but got bored.

I also don't care too much for her voice. She just kinda sold out, which is hard not to do with her early success.

Im sure she'll be like Christina and become a feature artist.

Currently listening to Joanne

lifeasgeorge
44 minutes ago, Dawson said:

Justice for scream it out :(

that was my fave song off the album :giveup:

live and let live

Archived