💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Halsey's Next Era

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

JustPokeHerFace

I think Halsey is going to get some hits next era. Unlike some of the other Tumblr girls, she has a clear desire to be mainstream, and I think she will achieve that success. Halsey has already shown signs of being a mainstream star: a few endorsements, good album sales, and a good social media following. The only thing she was missing was a hit, and she's getting that with Closer. That song might debut in the top 10 next week, and with the exposure she's going to get from that, I think she's going to have a very successful sophomore album. She might even nab another collab single or two, Diplo did say that she was on his upcoming album.  

Another artist who I find in a similar situation is Melanie. Her album is selling extremely well for an album that has no radio hits and came out almost a year ago. She's also a streaming force for someone without radio hits, and she's been increasing in popularity on social media pretty drastically. I wouldn't be surprised if she nabs a hit or two off of her sophomore effort as well. 

Both of these girls had extremely solid debuts in similar circumstances, and I think that is going to help them immensely for their second albums. They kind of compliment each other in my opinion: Halsey is the darker, gritter, and rock sound with a dystopian-badass aesthetic, and Melanie uses light pastels and innocent metaphors that have much deeper meanings. I'm interested in seeing what they offer us next.

President Biden
36 minutes ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

She'll probably be someone like Marina, Lana, or Melanie. The public might know 1 or 2 of their songs but they'll always be much more popular on forums and tumblr

latest?cb=20141229065239

I don't think the GP knows Marina

I got drunk

joemayzzin
7 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

I liked new Americana and colors soooo much but this song :wtf:

Maybe I'm just getting too old to relate to these new girls :madge:

I liked a few songs of her debut album as well so I see where you're coming from, I'm a huge fan of the chainsmokers so having her featured on one of there songs is pretty awesome. I'm very old school myself with female singers (Gaga (you know what i mean lol) Britney, Christina & Madonna) so I can agree with that also but if i like the music I go with it regardless of an old or new singer!! 

Yo GagaGaga
20 minutes ago, Halsey said:

I don't think the GP knows Marina

giphy.gif

when I was the GP everyone at my school was singing Primadonna

zakariah

I heard the snippet of Closer on itunes just now. I really liked it, gonna buy it later after I top up my itunes value. :emma:

But I think she's gonna gain LDR level of fame in the coming years because her music is really good. Her vocals are mediocre though, I'd say she needs a bit more training since she's coming from the Youtube community. But yeah, the future looks bright for her. :awesome:

PdogtheDaibutsu
5 hours ago, PaperIz said:

I hope she gets super famous. Her voice is so amazing and she has a lot of heart in her music. Not to mention "Closer" is an amazing song. I just hope her next era stays true to her artistry without becoming stale 

I really like her album but when I watched live videos, she really isn't a great singer. So I went back and listened to the album again and realized she doesn't really push herself vocally. There isn't much difference in her tone from song to song. However, I do enjoy the unique twist she puts on her songs and hopes she does that with her next album

Illuminati

She had some great collaborations. It's interesting to see her and Melanie rise at the same time while also seeing Marina choose the opposite route and eventually disappear completely. Out of the three I feel like Halsey was the most successful this year and will remain to be due to her GP friendly music style but I'm not sure if she'll be able to handle her further fame based on recent rumors related to her health and her behavior in general. 

I love all three of them and I love how different yet similar they all are. 

Creyk
5 hours ago, JustPokeHerFace said:

I think Halsey is going to get some hits next era. Unlike some of the other Tumblr girls, she has a clear desire to be mainstream, and I think she will achieve that success. Halsey has already shown signs of being a mainstream star: a few endorsements, good album sales, and a good social media following. The only thing she was missing was a hit, and she's getting that with Closer. That song might debut in the top 10 next week, and with the exposure she's going to get from that, I think she's going to have a very successful sophomore album. She might even nab another collab single or two, Diplo did say that she was on his upcoming album.  

I agree. Halsey has so much potential, and she comes up with really great melodies and songs.

And at the end of the day, she is a great performer who really can sing. I think people will start to take her more seriously as she gets a few legitimate hits, and if she gets her next lead single right, and gets radio on board to actually give her airplay, she can become a big force in pop music.

Killa

It depends on so many things. For her to explode, Selena or Megan or Demetria, etc. have to extinguish themselves. And there's that other one, Alessia Cara that seems to be a new hot star with potential, that one can block Halsey pretty easily.

Her voice is annoying, her attitude is annoying. Hope not

MaryJaneHolland

I've only heard about her, never heard a song from her :awkney: But however, wish her all best :firega:

52 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I've only heard about her, never heard a song from her  But however, wish her all best 

Really? You should check her out :awkney:

Halseys New Americana is a rip off and a copy of National Anthem by Lana

and that song is Halseys most popular song :laughga:.....

Archived